• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't looked into the numbers at all, but in Darkhold I was looping stoneskin on the tank to great effect.

It really depends on the tank's health I guess. Perhaps the gap widens as you level up more, but as it stands, it's just a relatively expensive spell that effectively mitigates less health loss than our cheapest spell.

Paprikka

For the White Mages out there - what is up with Stoneskin? Is it just a garbage spell at around level 35? It costs twice as much as Cure I, and in the best case scenario, covers about 200 health (10% of the approx. 2000 a tank has) while Cure I heals for about 300 and can proc Freecure.

Is there something I'm missing? Or is it just a shit spell until you get Graniteskin?

I mostly use it as a pre-pull thing. Takes a bit of damage at the start of a fight for no mana since you'll regain it back, though it really isn't much. Also gives the tanks an extra half-second or so to gather up mobs before needing a heal. One mid-fight use I did find was the big aoe during the Garuda fight it kept me alive because my hp was too low to take a hit without the tank limit break. So basically anytime you need more mitigation at full hp.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Sorry, should have mentioned you were looking for the GC leve guy and you were looking for seals. I didn't mean to come off condescending, so I apologize.
No prob man. I guess login problems have me sort of edgy, can't imagine why!!

Tarazet

It really depends on the tank's health I guess. Perhaps the gap widens as you level up more, but as it stands, it's just a relatively expensive spell that effectively mitigates less health loss than our cheapest spell.

It's not about efficiency, it's about being able to prevent the tank from taking a huge spike. It's not something that should be done mindlessly on a rotation, but proactively at specific times when you can anticipate higher damage.

It's kind of funny, I'm in the United States and somehow or another I thought I got into a local queue, and somehow ended up on a European server. Blessing in disguise, I've had no issues for the most part. I lost connection once last night, but it soon rebooted me back where I was so I was able to go along my merry way. But no issues whatsoever today, my time with the game overall has been pretty great.

NeOak

So we made a FC in Lamia for those of us who are wayward because of 1017 on ultros. It's called Ethereal, and the GM was one of the officers of the GAF Believe PvE guild in TERA (and substitute GM when i was away) since i don't have much time for management duties.

Whisper:

Yura Hiza (GM)
Asuke Shoyo
Dark Tundra
Ballis Braddock

We are small atm, but trying to get whoever is in Lamia going.

Mairu

Titan is the point in the game where people who can only play games with menu-based battle systems should just stop playing. Ugh, so frustrating. I've never seen such slow response times.

Sakura

Titan is the point in the game where people who can only play games with menu-based battle systems should just stop playing. Ugh, so frustrating. I've never seen such slow response times.

I'm going to try tanking Titan later, I hope it's not too hard...

CLBridges

Was able to play a couple of hours before work. Got my Archer up to level 22 and Conjurer up to level 12 after playing a few scenarios in the Duty Finder. Using the Conjurer the Duty Finder connects so quick. I guess there's a real need for Healers in most cases. I signed up for the Carpenter job and have been making a few low level items trying to rise through the ranks.

Man, it's so much stuff to do in this game, I think I just need to concentrate on getting my Archer up to level 25. I need to read over the OT to get a handle on how to get mounts, pets, minions etc. It's a lot of information to take in but the game is worth it.

Tash

wtf is up with the lack of caster loot in dungeons?
I am aware there are less caster classes but seriously?

Also, freaking rage on dps not able to assist or get adds off of me..yeah spam on the boss instead of peeling, you idiot.

Caerith

As a Gridanian, what's the best place to farm seals at level 34? I'm currently doing Costa del Sol, but don't you get half the number of seals for being outside your region?

Rafterman

Banned
For those of you using SGAA, I switched from the bits in the Op (0x004012C5) to this 0x004010C5 and it's much better looking and i get better performance to boot.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
For people asking how to and where to FATE farm, this is how

If you are level 1, get to 5 all by yourself solo, takes no more than 15 minutes if you chain like a mad man (food +3% + helm/cap helps out below 10 +20%+ 5% bonus from GC if they have that one up + also if your main class at least 20+ 50% bonus)

Now from 5 on

Go to an area where mobs will be +2-3 from your level and a FATE or 2 pop near you
Just keep killing mobs, when FATE pops go do it, get that chunk of XP, have the map open, yes it will block 1/4th the screen, but make it transparent when moving
If you have Chocobo companion it's a huge bonus, you level, choco levels and it also does awesome DOT to a mob

Now rinse and repeat after every 3 levels in the lower areas and 5 once you reach level 15

All 3 starting cities and their first 2 Zones can get you to 30 easily
Most people wait for FATEs, no one kills in the downtime, you should until 30, if solo it will be a little painful but if in a party, just go to work

From 15-30
Gridania = East Shroud
LL = Noscea (I forget which one, someone help me here) I'm gonna say Western
Ul'Dah = Eastern Thanlaan, before Highbridge until 20, then after Highbridge after 20

From 30-35 it's Costa Del Sol, Cancer (Crab area), the whole map on Cancer side, don't take ferry to other side it's pointless (100 gil per trip to boot)

From 35-40 it's Coerthas and it's onslaught of FATEs R' Us
(Due to a lot of competition, most FATEs will finish hella quickly, if you are too far away, don't chase after it, just wait for another close to you)
*Pro-Tip* Set your home destination as Dragonhead, if you finish FATE all the way south and a north one pops, use return (10 minute timer) and your whole party can get ported back to the sanctuary and bypass the run back and save time

40-45 is the highest areas of all starting cities, but Northern Thanlaan looks like the spot

45 till end Mor Dhona

Always have your home point in the area you are if FATE farming
Always be in a party
Always eat food and have bonus XP up, have as much as you can stack
(If you die, you lose it, so eat again!)

If there are say only 5 in party, pop your choco to fight on the long FATE battles
Savara Dragon fight is 3 phases, Choco can help earn you DPS and XP at the same time
(My choco is leveling up like mad due to me popping him out on certain FATEs)

Reknoc

wtf is up with the lack of caster loot in dungeons?
I am aware there are less caster classes but seriously?

Also, freaking rage on dps not able to assist or get adds off of me..yeah spam on the boss instead of peeling, you idiot.

You should party up with me, my dungeon runs have nothin but caster gear, with some heavy armour for good measure. Don't remember the last time I had dungeon armour equipped.

CLBridges

Is anyone playing on PS3? How does it hold up?

PS3 player here! IMO, the game looks good for all the stuff going on in the world. I must have a good connection because I only get a small drop in FPS when there is a lot of action going on (Usually during FATE's when a lot of people come to participate). Overall, I'm enjoying my console experience and I must have good luck because I never wait more than 5 minutes to get signed into my world, Siren. Let me know if you have any other questions about the PS3 version.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is anyone playing on PS3? How does it hold up?

I had to fuck with the settings

It is NECESSARY to make your game more enjoyable

I turned off all the special effects of everyone that is not in my party
No Pets from others show
It really helps out the chugging sometimes the game forces on the PS3

In the Savara FATE, the last 3rd batle I couldn't see the Dragon at all, so much stuff, it would just disappear, I would have to Blizz 2 near a vicinity just for it to pop, but if I moved away it would vanish and my nukes would go no target selected

Once I changed some of the filters, shit is amazingly running better and mobs appear

Faithless

No Pets from others show

In the Savara FATE, the last 3rd batle I couldn't see the Dragon at all, so much stuff, it would just disappear, I would have to Blizz 2 near a vicinity just for it to pop, but if I moved away it would vanish and my nukes would go no target selected

Once I changed some of the filters, shit is amazingly running better and mobs appear
Man, there's an option to turn off other PC's effects? Kinda makes me sad.

It's not about efficiency, it's about being able to prevent the tank from taking a huge spike. It's not something that should be done mindlessly on a rotation, but proactively at specific times when you can anticipate higher damage.

I agree, but it's a really small cushion, and at 35, MP is a much bigger issue than damage spikes (for me, at least.)

Vashetti

Banned

No Pets from others show

What the fuck I didn't know you could change all that.

tumblr_inline_mq2anigDxo1rbdrkf.gif

Tash

You should party up with me, my dungeon runs have nothin but caster gear, with some heavy armour for good measure. Don't remember the last time I had dungeon armour equipped.

Wish I could :)
I am on Phoenix since Ultros was so overrun.
Granted I only unlocked up to Toto-Rak but I can't get any proper upgrades.
Since I unlocked the first dungeon I literally saw about 5 caster drops in all my runs and I did a lot up until now. I was assuming it's due to the class balance.

Also, no one had an answer to my earlier question:
Is there target forwarding available? As in cast heal on tank and also cast damage spells through your friendly target? I don't mind using T to switch to focus target and back but it would be convenient (yeah I am lazy..)

Also, yeah as a healer the first thing I do is disable spell effects from everyone but mobs and myself. Pets I leave since the em carbies are tanking more often then not so I need to see if they stand in a big AE.

supergiz

Tanking Titan is easy. Dealing with people who don't react to what's going on until it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too late is difficult.

Wait until you get to some of the later dungeons. I just spent almost 2 hours in darkhold to time out because the tank had sub par equipment and the healer couldn't dodge the aoes for the life of her her . grr I hate pugs sometimes.

WolvenOne

Well, got a good bit of work on my MRD's hunting log, the Immortal Flames Hunting Log, went through Halatali again, did some exploring, and....

I GOT MAH CHOCOBRO!!!!!

*Dies happy.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom