• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed some interesting chatter in the GAF FC earlier:

"I just found out about NeoGAF through this FC. I'm not even a member."

"Why don't you guys post in the OT more?"

"What OT?"

"What's there to post about in the OT?"

And stuff about Bilbro Braggins being a bro and all that.

WolvenOne

"What OT?"

I really need to pay attention to the Log more. In my defense though, by the time I can log on, I'm generally short enough on time that I'm inclined to run around like crazy to get stuff done. I'll probably be more social in game, once I'm closer to the endgame, and I'm not feeling the pressure to keep relative pace. <_<;;

Also, tomorrow, I'm totally going after Cancer, er, if level 25 is sufficient that is.

xintin

I just noticed the PS3 case says 30 days subscription with purchase? Neat:) Am I supposed to register the code that came with the game to get that?

Thanks Obama

TO.png~original

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alright guys, its time to talk about the 800 pound gorila in the room. Does anyone else find it a bit annoying that you can't speak to NPCs while mounted? Maybe it's because I come from playing World of Warcraft but I keep making the mistake of spam clicking a NPC to only realize that I have to demount before anything happens.
Speaking of that, is there an auto dismount in the settings when attacking or talking to a NPC?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I had to log for the night but I'm curious - How does the Dragoon quest compare to the Level 30 LNC one? That was the first quest that was actually quite difficult.

qq more

"What OT?"

Hahaha, interesting. How many lurkers are there in the FC?!

KuroNeeko

They don't have role-playing servers do they? So far, I'm the only Miqo'te I've seen that named their character according to "proper" naming conventions.

You guys playing on PS3, do you find you have enough hotkeys or are you forced to pick and choose?

Hahaha, interesting. How many lurkers are there in the FC?!

I'm pretty sure I read earlier in the thread that a number of people in the GAF guild are just friends and families of other members. Some of them have no idea what a GAF even is.

Cov

I had to log for the night but I'm curious - How does the Dragoon quest compare to the Level 30 LNC one? That was the first quest that was actually quite difficult.

The quest to unlock DRG? It's very easy from what I remember. Definitely not as difficult as the 30 LNC quest.

Robin64

I just noticed the PS3 case says 30 days subscription with purchase? Neat:) Am I supposed to register the code that came with the game to get that?

You need to enter that code on the PSN store, yeah. That'll link the full game to your account, give you the 30 free days and unlock Trophy support.

alternade

I cannot figure out for the life of me why i'm getting so much lag! My system should be more than capable to handle this game and my connection is 25mbps.

"What OT?"

To be fair, Bilbro Swaggins is quite a bro.

Rimshot

I feel at loss. I played Thief/Ninja in FFXI, and now neither is there... What class to play instead? How has the non-magic classes felt so far for everyone? And is the Arcanist hard to level up?

syoaran

Got to say that's getting a little annoying that trying to play after work in the UK is effectively impossible at this stage, hope week 2 improves the situation dramatically!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Got to say that's getting a little annoying that trying to play after work in the UK is effectively impossible at this stage, hope week 2 improves the situation dramatically!

As stupid as it may sound and waiting is generally one thing most gamers are bad at lol is what should settle the dust a lot is once the one month trial period is over.

Since the early access part is already done that should have at least culled some of the herd so to speak. The next part will be waiting for the free month period to end.

syoaran

As stupid as it may sound and waiting is generally one thing most gamers are bad at lol is what should settle the dust a lot is once the one month trial period is over.

Since the early access part is already done that should have at least culled some of the herd so to speak. The next part will be waiting for the free month period to end.

I'm fairly patient, but trying to login for 4hrs x 4 days - my patience is pretty much at it's limit.

I get what your saying, and in a months time this will likely be a distant memory - but right now it's painful. I need it in ma veins!

Wes

venison crêpe
Don't do any registration steps via the launcher!

My account has just been completely screwed as a result and I cannot currently play. I seemingly inadvertantly selected the wrong option. I think it's probably safer to do it via mog station.

Haint

Controller ppl, in large FATEs, I'm having a hard time targeting new enemies after my target is killed. Is there an easy way to target enemies when the screen is filled with players and enemies?

I'm pretty sure targeting filters are broken for controllers, possibly even on PS3.

WolvenOne

Oh, some players will drop out before then. Some will rush to the end, beat the story, and stop. Others will decide the game isn't for them, and stop. Others will find the game just too hard, or just too different from what they're used to, and so on, and so forth. We'll definitely see a good chunk of people dropping off the servers once the free period ends. However, we should see a gradual reduction in traffic between now and then as well.

Well, unless all these news reports about digital sales and such, end up driving a lot of post launch game sales. <_<;;

Tonight I made the switch from Glad to Lancer. I've fallen in love with this game all over again! Lancer feels so much faster and fluid compared to the Gladiator.

Started a new character on Ultros, joined gaf linkshell, and 2 hours later i'm lvl 12. I'm lovin it. Can't wait to unlock Dragoon!

My toons name is Air Master. Feel free to message me for dungeons and general jappery @_@

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Finally oicked up some new classes. Pretty sweet going through an area I have outleveled and switching ti another class to hop in a FATE. I am giing through slowly but all the new stuff being introduced is only improving my opinion after a very good first impression. They really did fix this game.

WolvenOne

Tonight I made the switch from Glad to Lancer. I've fallen in love with this game all over again! Lancer feels so much faster and fluid compared to the Gladiator.

Started a new character on Ultros, joined gaf linkshell, and 2 hours later i'm lvl 12. I'm lovin it. Can't wait to unlock Dragoon!

My toons name is Air Master. Feel free to message me for dungeons and general jappery @_@

I do miss the speed, but oddly I'm enjoying the responsibilities of a Tank. It feels like I have more decisions to make as a tank.

Parakeetman

Man, there's an option to turn off other PC's effects? Kinda makes me sad.

Its actually more to your advantage to have that shit turned off. Since all it really does is get in the way and dont care all that much about the effects others are doing on my target. Would much rather see the target than pretty sparkles.

I've been logging on to Ultros about 6-6.30pm this week. Most times I've had to mash X to get in, but usually takes less than ten minutes to snipe an opening. Just keep on trying and you'll get in.

Ken

How do you do limit breaks? I'm scared to experiment and accidentally set it off during a dungeon. is it a key press or just clicking the meter?

syoaran

I've been logging on to Ultros about 6-6.30pm this week. Most times I've had to mash X to get in, but usually takes less than ten minutes to snipe an opening. Just keep on trying and you'll get in.

Even setup a macro with a 5second delay, didn't find a single opening last night or the night before. Really quite nuts. I can login remotely now, but sadly my audio gets muted when im home [downside of pumping my TV screen though a capture device]

Parakeetman

I'm fairly patient, but trying to login for 4hrs x 4 days - my patience is pretty much at it's limit.

I get what your saying, and in a months time this will likely be a distant memory - but right now it's painful. I need it in ma veins!

Thankfully with the release schedule from these past few months of other titles big ass backlog for me to mess around with while SQEX is busy unfucking the mess with my account currently.

Have the PS3 version on top of the PC one, though looking at having to put in all my skills and whatnots all with the controller has me a bit turned off to that idea at the moment. So am just killing time with my VITA and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace. Besides the casters I play all of the classes / artisan classes so you can imagine the kind of bullshit Ill have to go through for re-adding the skills to the hotbars for the controller... D:

Oh, some players will drop out before then. Some will rush to the end, beat the story, and stop. Others will decide the game isn't for them, and stop. Others will find the game just too hard, or just too different from what they're used to, and so on, and so forth. We'll definitely see a good chunk of people dropping off the servers once the free period ends. However, we should see a gradual reduction in traffic between now and then as well.

Well, unless all these news reports about digital sales and such, end up driving a lot of post launch game sales. <_<;;

I usually just think of it in the more simple terms as had originally posted. As with any mmos dropoffs from the various examples you said are going to happen regardless haha.

It IS good. This is the Final Fantasy I've waited 7 years for.

So what server did you wind up rolling on?

Qvoth

Nope, most recent quests will show up there, old ones get pushed out.

You can set up a filter for the tab targeting that makes it much better.

i tried changing the tab cycling thing abit, doesn't seem like it makes any difference?
still can't tab another player or even pt members if though i ticked those

I do miss the speed, but oddly I'm enjoying the responsibilities of a Tank. It feels like I have more decisions to make as a tank.

No doubt, you have to deal with kill orders, mob positioning, threat levels, anticipating adds etc. Its fun though im going to enjoy this break from it. Tell you what though im gonna miss those duty finder Q times ;_;

Parakeetman

i tried changing the tab cycling thing abit, doesn't seem like it makes any difference?
still can't tab another player or even pt members if though i ticked those

Other players just use the standard F# keys. For Tab its better if you set that one up as target nearest enemy. Since the default setting is so random its infuriating... Wait are you talking about the PC ver or using a controller on the PS3?

I'm on Ultros and Masamune (Legacy). I want to transfer my Legacy character when they allow it.

I would have joined you guys there but since am here in japan went on one of the domestic servers instead. Looks like I did the right choice too seeing how congested / difficult it is to log into the US servers on occasion. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom