• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

xintin

You need to enter that code on the PSN store, yeah. That'll link the full game to your account, give you the 30 free days and unlock Trophy support.
Thanks, worked perfectly!
edit - That SQEX Acct Management page is a mess though, glad I could do this part through the PS3 itself :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I would have joined you guys there but since am here in japan went on one of the domestic servers instead. Looks like I did the right choice too seeing how congested / difficult it is to log into the US servers on occasion. D:

Masamune is actually a Japanese server lol. No errors here :D

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Masamune is actually a Japanese server lol. No errors here :D

Im over at Anima. Only time I got an error was when the early access ended and I got booted around 2am lol. Then screwed up entering my PC prod code so am waiting for SQEX to help merge the accounts. That site to do that shit is awful. Apparently so bad that Im not the only one who screwed up as there was a message to address the problem and a specific form to submit to have accounts merged. D:

Got the PS3 ver today incase they dont get it done by tonight, which I dont think is going to happen but not looking forward to remapping all of the skills onto the controller as mentioned in an earlier post.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Man reading this thread makes me so glad I'm on Moogle. Other than servers being down on day1 for a while I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Also I caught my first shark yesterday, feeds good man.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Copperbell Mines was a fun dungeon! Got blown up by a bomb lol.

They never fail to kill me at least once in a FF game.

The amount of damage they do is brutal in that particular dungeon lol. Can see a lot of overzealous parties getting wiped as they all rush to pull the chains

Ken

Copperbell Mines was a fun dungeon! Got blown up by a bomb lol.

They never fail to kill me at least once in a FF game.

I just did that one and our tank died leaving me and the DDs to deal with the boss. Luckily it was already at the second to last stage so we just kited it lol.

Qvoth

Other players just use the standard F# keys. For Tab its better if you set that one up as target nearest enemy. Since the default setting is so random its infuriating... Wait are you talking about the PC ver or using a controller on the PS3?

I would have joined you guys there but since am here in japan went on one of the domestic servers instead. Looks like I did the right choice too seeing how congested / difficult it is to log into the US servers on occasion. D:

i'm on pc lol
yeah generally if i'm playing as healer i use the f# keys to quickly choose a member

Manac0r

Concerning targeting via pad: (on 360 controller so change as needed)

I was using A to target nearest objects/enemies in front of me, even in FATE's. This was horrible, randomly selecting other PCs, or NPCs or some minor mob far far away.

Instead goto character configuration and select filters. Enable the filters (there are 4). Now in battle you can filter your target system on the fly. LB+B will only let you cycle/target enemies. LB+A will let you only target party members. It will let you know what filter you have in the bottom left above exp bar. But note, do not use A as this overrides the filter and will select anything. You must use the d-pad to target. Left will be nearest, right will be furthest and will comply to the filter setting

Hope this helps.

Teletraan1

Banned
Being able to bubble the tank is pure gold and win, just ask any WoW healer.

Ask them about what? Their instant cast bubble that actually mitigates damage? Like i said, it probably scales better at 50 but I have found its long cast time and expense to be pretty bad for what it does at the levels I have had it. I didn't say bubbles are bad. Just this one is pretty shit atm.

Tash

How do you do limit breaks? I'm scared to experiment and accidentally set it off during a dungeon. is it a key press or just clicking the meter?

There is a skill icon you can drag from the skill menu - then you click that once one (or two) gauges are full :)

DPs have a big ae hit
Healers have a big ea heal
Not sure about tanks..big aoe taunt I assume :p

user1337

Arright, I've cleared up my weekend! Thats 48 hours of FF14 (pending server stability)

Gonna try to get my level 31 Monk to around 40 and possibly also play abit with the marauder.

user1337

Question.
Being dps, the first storyline group dungeon (sanatos or something) will take me forever to que. So, can I que in on the dutyfinder as my archer and change my class to Fishing without losing my place in the que?

Yes, once you get your slot, you will need to change back to the class that you registered with to continue to join the dungeon.

I have all my classes as hotlinks, so I join a que then change to miner, then chage back to the original class to continue into the dungeon.

Teletraan1

Banned
I dont understand the "Please Understand" meme. What does something Iwata said have to do with SE? I have seen it repeated in this thread numerous times when the servers were having issues. Is it just being confused for the "Please be excited" meme which actually has something to do with SE?

Audioboxer

I didn't think I'd made a good choice going lancer, felt I should of stuck to casters/mage on my lalafell. However Lancer is quite fun!

Noi

I've gotten so incredibly sidetracked with doing a million things that I've been completely neglecting the plot. Still at the level ~24 section of it while my main class is at 34. I almost feel like I should use my 25 GLD so enemies actually stand a chance.

Also, FATE parties are the best. I've gotten so many seals off the Costa del Sol FATEs with minimal affors.

Fakeedit: I play on Hyperion, and I've had less and less issues getting in since launch. I pretty much hop into a queue after a few minutes of waiting and start playing without a hassle. just want the new character restriction eased up so I can play with some friends who are on standy for it.

Tash

Ok, why the hell do they offer your quests for your level but to turn in you need to be higher level? Seriously? -.-

KuroNeeko

Im over at Anima. Only time I got an error was when the early access ended and I got booted around 2am lol. Then screwed up entering my PC prod code so am waiting for SQEX to help merge the accounts. That site to do that shit is awful. Apparently so bad that Im not the only one who screwed up as there was a message to address the problem and a specific form to submit to have accounts merged. D:

Got the PS3 ver today incase they dont get it done by tonight, which I dont think is going to happen but not looking forward to remapping all of the skills onto the controller as mentioned in an earlier post.

Why didn't you go over to Durandal? We've got GAF in Nocturne over there.

I have a character waiting to be accepted to the LS right now. To be honest, I'm thinking of going over to a fresh, non-Legacy server. Anima SEEMS to be one of the more sparsely populated servers as it was one of the few that kept popping up while I was refreshing the server list.

user1337

Ok, why the hell do they offer your quests for your level but to turn in you need to be higher level? Seriously? -.-

Havent come accross any yet? What level?

There is only one quest where you need high level equipment to progress. The equipment can be bought or obtained by doing side quests.

Adeptrain

Hi,
So I've been trying to contact the guild leaders on Ultros but no one's been on. I already registered on the GAF guild website, but haven't been able to ask for an invite yet. Could I get an invite to the GAF guild or at least be up on a waiting list?

Name is Rain Ashke

Thanks.

Tash

Havent come accross any yet? What level?

There is only one quest where you need high level equipment to progress. The equipment can be bought or obtained by doing side quests.

Normal random quests - I got offered lvl 15 quests at lvl 12 but when I want to turn them in it says I need to be lvl 15..several now here in Western La Noscea.
And no, I didn't accept them with my main class but with the same class I try to turn them in :)

user1337

Normal random quests - I got offered lvl 15 quests at lvl 12 but when I want to turn them in it says I need to be lvl 15..several now here in Western La Noscea.
And no, I didn't accept them with my main class but with the same class I try to turn them in :)

Unless you forgot you accepted it with your main class :p

I have never seen a quest that lets you accept it at a lower level but requires you to be higher level to complete it.

Tash

I have never seen a quest that lets you accept it at a lower level but requires you to be higher level to complete it.

I didn't :)
and they are both from Aleport from two different npcs

EDIT: lol there is a fate called Sharknado (lvl 48)

That is the Fragrant Chamber, not the Heart of the Sworn. The Heart of the Sworn is the place next to Alchemist's Guild.

iblZGCB5mM7rxL.png

holy shit.

ijw4hlhXTr3OM.gif

mystery quest found.

I could metaphorically kiss you.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Hmm..Square hasnt sent a single response to my ticket where I accidentally created a 2nd service account instead of adding the retail to my early access account. The contact info on their site seems to be for FF11. I'm locked out of my character and need my crack...and its the start of a weekend holiday!!

Anteater

My chocobo hasn't been getting much exp since rank 2, the bar barely moved, i've been using it a lot in fate the last 10 levels, what am I doing wrong?

My chocobo hasn't been getting much exp since rank 2, the bar barely moved, i've been using it a lot in fate the last 10 levels, what am I doing wrong?

From what I can tell it only gains xp from mob kills, so if you aren't claming those targets during the Fate, your choco won't get any xp. But yeah mine took a long time to go from rank 2 to 3 (mainly from chain grinding mobs), judging by the achievements there are only 10 ranks, so maybe its an exponential leveling curve, hard to tell because the companions page gives no indication of how much xp is required for next rank.

Finally hit level 20 on my Lancer... that took a while. Getting to 30 is probably gonna take even longer, though going through the story and doing every sidequest along the help gets me to where I need to be, level-wise. Armor is starting to look better at least.

TheContact

Hi,
So I've been trying to contact the guild leaders on Ultros but no one's been on. I already registered on the GAF guild website, but haven't been able to ask for an invite yet. Could I get an invite to the GAF guild or at least be up on a waiting list?

Name is Rain Ashke

Thanks.

afaik, the gaf guild is literally full

Tash

I will be happy when the mages stop getting these darn robes that cover most of the head. Can't even equip any actual head armor...

I don't think we will ever going to not look like wannabe farmers wearing potato sacks..sad really :(
Everyone else looks so kickass

And on the farmer part..it doesn't help that I love my little baby behemoth so much and have it out at all times..

edit: Actually just got the chest from my GC. That looks really decent :)

Khrno

I will be happy when the mages stop getting these darn robes that cover most of the head. Can't even equip any actual head armor...

At least at endgame you have the choice of Robe or hat + body, so you can choose between Darklight/Allagan and Vanya/AF+1, since equivalent iLevel sets are basically the same stats wise.

Anteater

From what I can tell it only gains xp from mob kills, so if you aren't claming those targets during the Fate, your choco won't get any xp. But yeah mine took a long time to go from rank 2 to 3 (mainly from chain grinding mobs), judging by the achievements there are only 10 ranks, so maybe its an exponential leveling curve, hard to tell because the companions page gives no indication of how much xp is required for next rank.

I guess that makes sense, the bar seems to be moving faster while I'm soloing/chaining mobs when I was out doing huntlog.

Ricker

I dont understand the "Please Understand" meme. What does something Iwata said have to do with SE? I have seen it repeated in this thread numerous times when the servers were having issues. Is it just being confused for the "Please be excited" meme which actually has something to do with SE?

Kinda yeah...it's just a variation of the original Understand MEME...kinda like when people say trophy/achievement ''GET'',referencing the original Mario meme...

I decided to wait till everything settles down,hopefully,next week to grab my Digital copy and keep playing my THM...

aceface

Well when I was levelling up my second class (archer) it would let me accept level 20 quests when I was only level 13. Then, I had to switch to my THM to beat the quests but when I tried to switch back to archer to claim the experience it said my level was too low. Probably a way to prevent me from getting sneaky experience for archer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom