• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

If I complete a guildhest on one class, and I swap over to another class that has not done it yet, will the second class get the completion bonus for beating it the first time?

Uhhh what's going on. I'm trying to get on and it's having me go through the registration process again. When I put in my code it's saying that code is already registered...

EDIT: NM, was using the wrong code...can't hold all these codes.gif

twelver

so are all the dungeons unlocked naturally via the story or only the first couple? Like do I have to go out and find them after the first few story related ones??

daveo42

Banned
so are all the dungeons unlocked naturally via the story or only the first couple? Like do I have to go out and find them after the first few story related ones??

All of them are opened through quests, some through the main story and some through side quests that open up at certain levels.

Midou

I just woke up and didn't see anything on last couple of pages, but is there a reason NA/EU servers are inaccessible right now?

Dvide

Banned
I want to play! Lemme play!

dd88edaa49a4a40158be67fba8bf8993.gif

Tash

How do you unlock that one? Is there good loot for a Lancer?

It's an npc outside waking sands at the docks in Vesper Bay called Nedrick Ironheart
You need to be sent to Minfilia (main story quest dependency) in order for the quest to unlock on the npc.

Saw plenty of Non caster loot.

user1337

Well when I was levelling up my second class (archer) it would let me accept level 20 quests when I was only level 13. Then, I had to switch to my THM to beat the quests but when I tried to switch back to archer to claim the experience it said my level was too low. Probably a way to prevent me from getting sneaky experience for archer.

Makes me wonder if quests become available because your main character is the required level, but can only be handed in once you hit the required level cap.

people said lancers would be popular. all i'm getting via duty finder are spellcasters and archers. where are they hiding?

Rebuild database? If you mean delete everything and redownload and patch...then I tried that.

rebuilding database on your ps3. it can help removing hdd errors etc. it's accessible via recovery menu. won't help if the client is borked, it helped me with the weirdest things though.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1&tag=authc

nice that they changed their mind

You may not use the Materials for any sales or commercial use, meaning you cannot receive license fees or advertising revenue, except as part of the partner programs operated by YouTube.com, Twitch.tv, Ustream.tv, or similar programs. If the operator of a partner program seeks to confirm our policy, please point them to this page as we do not have the resources to respond to all requests.

but what the fuck

Guidelines for Music and Sounds
You may only use music as it is incorporated in FFXIV;
When showing gameplay, you may not replace the FFXIV music with third party music;

Tash

Thanks.

I just completed the Copperbell Mines - am I close?

Should be yes :)
Halatali is the next dungeon to unlock.
The main questline should send you to Vesper Bay and Waking Sands - that's when you should also see the npc offer the quest for you. I was there before that and high enough level but he only offered me a quest once the main storyline caught up.

At what level can I unlock the chocobo quest that lets me train my chocobo to fight?

30 iirc from the same guy that gave you the chocobo mount quest.

I am really regretting giving my retainer an attitude. He is getting on my nerves..

Vashetti

Banned
How do you do limit breaks? I'm scared to experiment and accidentally set it off during a dungeon. is it a key press or just clicking the meter?

Can somebody answer this?

I got laughed at in a dungeon yesterday (and the tank left) because I said I didn't know how to do it.

I'm level 40 and feel like I've missed something.

On PS3 too.

I just registered my code from the booklet it came in. My character disappeared from lodestone and I now have no characters associated with my account. dafuq?

I got laughed at in a dungeon yesterday (and the tank left) because I said I didn't know how to do it.

On PS3 too.

Also need to know about the proper technique to using Limit Breaks I'm a caster DPS also

Limit break is an action. Check the Action & Traits menu and set it a secondary hot bar so you'll always have it readily available for dungeons.

Venfayth

Yeah, finally grinded enough via FATE and levequests to get to my level 42 main quest. Did it, along with all the side missions, and got 1/3 of the way through to 43, before needing to be 43 for the next quest.

Lol.

I'm done.

Someone PM me if they actually add quests for the 40-45 levels.

The Behemoth FATE last night was such a clusterfuck of people (on Excalibur), it was pretty stupid. Behemoth was literally flashing in and out of existence if you stopped more than 3 feet from him, and this, of course, lead to countless deaths. He has some frontal AOE that he spams and hits my lvl50 WHM for 3400+ killing me. I can live through one swipe with Protect and Stoneskin, but a lot of the time, I was weakened and only had half the health.

Maybe with less people there (seriously, there were probably 200 people in that one area), it would be more fun. As it was, I wasted like 45 minutes (it's a 2 phase FATE) healing random people and raising a TON, and I walked away with a whopping 29 company seals for my efforts. :/

As far as his boss mechanics, they seem really underwhelming honestly. It just seemed like he had one frontal AOE cone and that was it. Was hoping for some cooler mechanics like in a dungeon, but I guess that's asking too much from a FATE. :p (which is kind of why I want Behemoth and Odin to be bosses in dungeons/raids/instances so they can more finely tune them to be fun).

Some pictures of the mayhem:

Also, people are saying the respawn window for the Behemoth FATE is 48 hours which seems a bit long to me considering how hard it would be to get Gold on that.

Yeah, finally grinded enough via FATE and levequests to get to my level 42 main quest. Did it, along with all the side missions, and got 1/3 of the way through to 43, before needing to be 43 for the next quest.

Lol.

I'm done.

Do dungeons? Do hunting log? I haven't touched a "regular" quest in damn near forever. Just been doing story quests, FATEs, hunting log, and dungeon runs.

EDIT: I misread what you said or you edited your post. :p Are FATEs really that bad? I find them pretty fun (minus the Behemoth one off course).

syoaran

Well to be honest when I what a XIV stream if has other music playing I always go to another stream that has the in game music playing. It's so good

I think the main problem here is fan made machinma in general that uses alternative music to fit the content of the video. Essentially it makes editing content with any creativity null and void.

daveo42

Banned
Wow, the HNM FATES are amazing. I like how they even have loot for them. Tanking that chimera was a blast.

Are these all level 50 FATEs or are there some lower level ones as well? The only one I would consider an HNM I've seen so far would have been Behemoth, but we didn't have the coordination or sheer numbers to take him on. Everything else I'd just call a normal boss.

The Behemoth FATE last night was such a clusterfuck of people (on Excalibur), it was pretty stupid. Behemoth was literally flashing in and out of existence if you stopped more than 3 feet from him, and this, of course, lead to countless deaths. He has some frontal AOE that he spams and hits my lvl50 WHM for 3400+ killing me. I can live through one swipe with Protect and Stoneskin, but a lot of the time, I was weakened and only had half the health.

Maybe with less people there (seriously, there were probably 200 people in that one area), it would be more fun. As it was, I wasted like 45 minutes (it's a 2 phase FATE) healing random people and raising a TON, and I walked away with a whopping 29 company seals for my efforts. :/

As far as his boss mechanics, they seem really underwhelming honestly. It just seemed like he had one frontal AOE cone and that was it. Was hoping for some cooler mechanics like in a dungeon, but I guess that's asking too much from a FATE. :p (which is kind of why I want Behemoth and Odin to be bosses in dungeons/raids/instances so they can more finely tune them to be fun).

Some pictures of the mayhem:

Also, people are saying the respawn window for the Behemoth FATE is 48 hours which seems a bit long to me considering how hard it would be to get Gold on that.

I think there's still a bug with how helping is calculated for healing classes in FATEs. You can spam Medica and get gold on pretty much every one just for hate generation, but just normal healing and raising people might not do it. I almost always drop a DoT on the mob and then hit them over and over again with Stone II (only level 45 atm and on the quest to get Holy). It seems to work out, but I think amount healed should be considered during FATEs more than just hate generation.

Vashetti

Banned

Lol.

I'm done.

Yup, I'm fed up of having to grind to progress the main story.

There should be some leeway where they let you progress if you're 1-2 levels lower.

So annoying where it comes to a standstill just because you haven't crossed the next level threshold.

desverger

Also need to know about the proper technique to using Limit Breaks I'm a caster DPS also

Limit break works differently depending on role:

Tank: Shield wall, damage resistance for everyone.
Dps, melee: Big single target hit
Dps, caster: Ground targeted aoe damage
Healer, Archer: Health restoration for everyone.

You can use a limit break when one of the bars near the party display is full, but if you activate it when both bars are full you'll activate the limit break as a more powerful effect. Using a limit break consumes the meter.

The second bar appears only when fighting bosses, I think.

I think there's still a bug with how helping is calculated for healing classes in FATEs. You can spam Medica and get gold on pretty much every one just for hate generation, but just normal healing and raising people might not do it. I almost always drop a DoT on the mob and then hit them over and over again with Stone II (only level 45 atm and on the quest to get Holy). It seems to work out, but I think amount healed should be considered during FATEs more than just hate generation.

Oh, interesting. Does it count if you spam Medica and it does no actual effective healing? You still get aggro on overheals in this game I think. Honestly, I probably would have just DoT'ed up Behemoth and spammed Stone II, but I could only target it if I was standing on top of Behemoth, and by that point, it was a 99% chance I would die. :/

daveo42

Banned
The second bar appears only when fighting bosses, I think.

Also during Full Parties. I believe, but haven't see it, that you get a 3rd bar with a Full Party during an Instanced boss battle.

Oh, interesting. Does it count if you spam Medica and it does no actual effective healing? You still get aggro on overheals in this game I think. Honestly, I probably would have just DoT'ed up Behemoth and spammed Stone II, but I could only target it if I was standing on top of Behemoth, and by that point, it was a 99% chance I would die. :/

Yes. You aren't healing anyone all that much, but you are generate enmity due to the casting of an AOE heal spell and getting overcures. I've tried it out a few times in FATE parties and haven't had issues with getting full credit. Whenever I've tried to actually perform my job and keep the party and other people there up and alive, I end up getting silver or bronze based solely on the input the party as a whole input. It's still weird and I hope they try to balance that better for healers, especially with HNMs like Behemoth where you're going to be busy just trying to make sure people are able to continue to fight.

Tash

On PS3 too.

I did..it's in your skills and action window - drag it to your bar and use it once one or two gauges are full

Tash

We know this we're talking about how to execute it cause for me when I try to use it there's this purple marker and I know you're suppose to put it down on the grown but I don't know how

It's a ground target - use your mouse to place it and click the right button to execute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom