• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm..Square hasnt sent a single response to my ticket where I accidentally created a 2nd service account instead of adding the retail to my early access account. The contact info on their site seems to be for FF11. I'm locked out of my character and need my crack...and its the start of a weekend holiday!!

Same boat. They are the ones which will contact us, correct? They're not really clear on what needs to be done after you get your ticket # and confirmation email. Just that the process could take up to two weeks.

Yeah, finally grinded enough via FATE and levequests to get to my level 42 main quest. Did it, along with all the side missions, and got 1/3 of the way through to 43, before needing to be 43 for the next quest.

Lol.

I'm done.

Someone PM me if they actually add quests for the 40-45 levels.
Seems to me like you missed some stuff, because I don't do fate or leve grinding and I didn't have issues with quests until 45.

We know this we're talking about how to execute it cause for me when I try to use it there's this purple marker and I know you're suppose to put it down on the grown but I don't know how
Well that would be an AOE attack wouldn't it? I assume you aim it and then click/press X.

Also need to know about the proper technique to using Limit Breaks I'm a caster DPS also

For casters, once you activate LB, a target marker appears that you have to manually move by moving your character, and confirm again once it's in the target.

As for why you don't see more lancers in DF parties, longe range DPS avoids worrying about aoe attacks and means less healing overall, so it's an easier option. Also, archers do good damage earlier on, and arcanist having been only recently unlocked means a lot of those, plus thaumaturges and conjurers leveling for summoner and scholar.

TheContact

Is there a website that shows the locations of the GC hunting logs?

Edit: actually nvm it tells you what location inside the zone they're in...no need for a guide

Rising_Hei

I heard that Titan was challenging and many people wiped a lot... i went there with expectantions as PLD but we defeated him with no trouble, hell it was even easier than Ifrit for me, how disgusting!

Berordn

I heard that Titan was challenging and many people wiped a lot... i went there with expectantions as PLD but we defeated him with no trouble, hell it was even easier than Ifrit for me, how disgusting!

Titan's an easy fight if you know some fairly standard endgame MMO tactics. But if you don't and someone gets knocked off the arena, it can end poorly.

dramatis

Is there a website that shows the locations of the GC hunting logs?

Edit: actually nvm it tells you what location inside the zone they're in...no need for a guide
Trust me, those location designations in-game are completely worthless for some mobs. If you need help consult here.

Edit: Read too fast. If you're searching for GC hunting log material, try XIVDB.com, should have them under Game > Hunting Log > etc.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
How do you change the barding on your Legacy Chocobo? I select the chocobo icon in my character screen, but all that comes up is my GC Chocobo. Can you only use special armor on the GC Chcoobo?

U2NUMB

I have been trying to log in and play this game all week.. off work today.. fire it up and of course they can not pull my character from the server so I do not even get to try to join the world.

Frustrated would be the word so far.

Yea so wake up, time to try to get on finally, and lobby issues keep kicking me out. Fuck this game

I have been trying to log in and play this game all week.. off work today.. fire it up and of course they can not pull my character from the server so I do not even get to try to join the world.

Frustrated would be the word so far.

They're coming back up from being borked, which is why. There is a flood of people trying to get back in at the moment.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...-Difficulties-(Aug.-30)?p=1117456#post1117456

smr00

Banned
People weren't kidding when they said getting the chocobo was fast doing fates.

I farmed fates over at Eastern Thanlan - Wellwick Wood for maybe an hour and got just over 2k. Also, made the mistake of teleporting everywhere now i am broke but luckily running to airships and stuff isn't as tedious with the mount. I should be able to hit my maurader to 15 to become a dragoon later today. IS there anything special i need to do once i hit 15 and get my lancer to 30? Do i need to go somewhere for a quest line?

Luckily i make my own hours so i haven't had much problem playing. Morning to mid-afternoon EST every day since early access with no problems, i seem to hit the road around 4-5pm est to about 9-10pm est. Granted, not everyone can make their hours and can't play till times where there are high traffic but still, this launch has been much, much more smoother than most mmo launches.

Haven't ran into any real crashing, bugs or being kicked out. Just the annoying server full during peak hours.

It's kinda crazy hearing about the 5000 per server cap since GAF's group alone has over 500 people in it lol.

5000 at a time? So GAF on Ultros is ~5% of the whole population online at any given time?

Yup, definitely Ultros is overpopulated.

The maximum server capacity for characters is much higher than that. 5000 is only the amount of maximum concurrent users online that the server was configured to handle. Considering that only about 50% of GAF is logged in at any given time, it's more like 2-2.5%.

Right now, all NA servers have character creation and login restrictions but some of the more populated servers will be more difficult to play on than others. In the long run, the community will be much healthier on the more populated servers. If you're really frustrated and not having any luck, It might be a good idea to roll on one of the newer servers and then transfer later.

At least four. GAF, Giant Bomb, 4Chan, ZAM are all on it, probably others as well.

...but I thought all the communities were rolling on Gilgamesh? I remember when people were pleading with us to go there instead. We were on Ultros from the beginning of the beta. It's not our fault everyone decided to throw their chips in with us on Ultros. As stated above, it will be much better for us in the long run. All the man babies crying right now will be fine in a few weeks or will have moved on to another game.

Hahaha, interesting. How many lurkers are there in the FC?!

As mentioned before, it's less than 5%. The large majority are NeoGAF account holders (70-80%) and their family and friends (15-20%).

any officers on now able to give me a FC invite on Ultros?

Hi,
So I've been trying to contact the guild leaders on Ultros but no one's been on. I already registered on the GAF guild website, but haven't been able to ask for an invite yet. Could I get an invite to the GAF guild or at least be up on a waiting list?

Name is Rain Ashke

Thanks.

The Free Company is full but you can send a /tell to one of our leaders for a Linkshell invite. We will be gradually moving players from the Linkshell to the Free Company as space becomes available so that's the fastest way to get into the FC. We are currently prioritizing users based on GAF account and date of application submission. If you haven't registered and submitted an application, please do so at neogaf.guildwork.com.

How do you change the barding on your Legacy Chocobo? I select the chocobo icon in my character screen, but all that comes up is my GC Chocobo. Can you only use special armor on the GC Chcoobo?

you can't change it on your legacy chocobo. Only GC chocobo.

I was puzzled why my behemoth barding wasn't showing up until I realized this.

Tash

I actually managed to make a char on Ultros now. EU servers have been locked for new chars since forever but NA once are open all the time..weird..

Tomodachi

Does SGSSAA work on the current version of the game? I could enable it just fine during the beta and it was awesome, but I can't make it work now even following the guide in the OP, maybe the compatibility code changed?

The launcher is trying to tell me I haven't registered a serial yet. When I put in my early access serial it just tells me the code has already been used.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've been pretty patient with this game, but now I'm starting to get a little angry.

Westlo

I have a char. on the Jp servers, couldn't log onto him. However ultros was open for chat creation moments ago!

Japan servers get hammered, people gotta remember it's not just Japan, but all of South East Asia/Oceanic playing on these ones too.

Sucks because I've been trying to get on Tonberry or Tiamat for a while now.

U2NUMB

The launcher is trying to tell me I haven't registered a serial yet. When I put in my early access serial it just tells me the code has already been used.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've been pretty patient with this game, but now I'm starting to get a little angry.

Where did you buy it from? I had to go back to Amazon and get the actual Key they gave me once the game launched.

Wilsongt

Managed a run through Copperbell last night. While the we performed messily on the miniboss, the last boss of the dungeon wasn't bad at all.

Even though I am an ACN, I always seem to play the healer role. Guess I should make sure I have Resurrect or Raise for my next dungeon run.

early access is over. You need to put in the serial code from your purchased copy of the game now.

Pollux

Anybody else having problems with the launcher this morning?

Also, when I was able to get on earlier I couldn't complete quests...don't really know what to do about that.

Yea I understand but this week I have tried to log in about 10 times when I have time and have yet to get back in since last Sunday.

Just getting old.. yet I understand it is launch week of an MMO.

Try to log in at these time stamps:

:00
:30
:50

I've had success trying to log in around those time stamps, and usually just spamming 0 on my numpad for 10 mins gets me in every time.

teiresias

Does anyone have any suggestions for changing the keymapping on the keyboard for better access to actions on the hotbar? The contortions I have to do hit Ctl+ and Alt+ combos are unwieldy in hectic scenarios, and I've more than once accidentally hit the Windows key by accident and minimized the game in the middle of a dungeon boss battle.

I also don't have a keyboard with a numpad on it (tenkeyless) so that's causing issues I suppose. I'm thinking of moving all the hotbar keys to the bottom letter row and changing the modifiers to ctl and shift (if it will let me use shift).

Or I just invest in a MMO mouse like the Logitech G600 and move the mappings to that, or a nostromo or an orbweaver or something.

The early access code was only for the early access period. You should have received a product key from your retailer or you will need to use the one inside the box/case of your physical copy. You will need to register this product key (which will add the free trial period to your account) to continue playing.

Same boat. They are the ones which will contact us, correct? They're not really clear on what needs to be done after you get your ticket # and confirmation email. Just that the process could take up to two weeks.
You filled out the form with the terms you have to accept, correct?
If so, hold onto your ticket number and call their support line to escalate the ticket. I called 2 days ago and it was resolved later that night. However, be warned that there is a long hold time! Took 2 hours and 15 mins before I got a CSR.

dramatis

Managed a run through Copperbell last night. While the we performed messily on the miniboss, the last boss of the dungeon wasn't bad at all.

Even though I am an ACN, I always seem to play the healer role. Guess I should make sure I have Resurrect or Raise for my next dungeon run.
I know tank and dps get scared that the healer isn't performing, but it would be nice to be trusted until healer MP falls below half and the whole party is half dead.

TheContact

Trust me, those location designations in-game are completely worthless for some mobs. If you need help consult here.

Edit: Read too fast. If you're searching for GC hunting log material, try XIVDB.com, should have them under Game > Hunting Log > etc.

Thanks, that DB ended up having some pretty accurate locations. Even the in-game locations of the GC hunting log were wrong, for instance, I chose the Twin Adder GC and the hunting log tells me they're supposed to be at the Sandgate but they're actually east of that at another location entirely.

Does anyone have any suggestions for changing the keymapping on the keyboard for better access to actions on the hotbar? The contortions I have to do hit Ctl+ and Alt+ combos are unwieldy in hectic scenarios, and I've more than once accidentally hit the Windows key by accident and minimized the game in the middle of a dungeon boss battle.

I also don't have a keyboard with a numpad on it (tenkeyless) so that's causing issues I suppose. I'm thinking of moving all the hotbar keys to the bottom letter row and changing the modifiers to ctl and shift (if it will let me use shift).

Or I just invest in a MMO mouse like the Logitech G600 and move the mappings to that, or a nostromo or an orbweaver or something.

I'm a going to be buying that Logitech G600 myself because I'm having the same issues. The 12 hotkeys on the side of the G600 is looking like a godsend.

Best Buy has it for $59.99 right now.

So I started making my own parties as a healer ACN - wow, went really well. From Lv16 to 23 in a few hours.

Hey, I have a question about SCH - once I unlock it, do I get to allocate stat points or does it carry over from what I've allocated for my ACN (all points in MND)?

Finished Titan on the first try last night. I was tanking and it was actually pretty straight forward but things got a little hectic toward the end when our Summoner got knocked off the platform with about 25% of Titan's HP left. It was taking so long to finish him off that the WHM ran out MP and I had to start spam casting cure until our Dragoon could finish him off. I died just before the final blow but we made it!

The story after Titan is where things really start to get interesting. This is definitely the best Final Fantasy in the last decade and the game that I had really hoped for after FFXI. I can't wait to continue the main scenario.

Wilsongt

I know tank and dps get scared that the healer isn't performing, but it would be nice to be trusted until healer MP falls below half and the whole party is half dead.

I have Aetherflow, also, so I can quickly recover MP within minutes. Plus Ether cooldown isn't that long.

Edit: The only deaths came from mistimed bomb explosions.

Panda Rin

I'm a going to be buying that Logitech G600 myself because I'm having the same issues. The 12 hotkeys on the side of the G600 is looking like a godsend.

I would highly recommend it. I bought it initially for GW2, but it works perfectly for this game. I don't see how I would play this game without it. It really takes no time to learn where to press the buttons.

Epcott

Yea I understand but this week I have tried to log in about 10 times when I have time and have yet to get back in since last Sunday.

Just getting old.. yet I understand it is launch week of an MMO.

I feel your pain.
Sucks that we have to resort to tactics like staying logged in indefinately, rapid fire controllers, macros, and rubber band contraptions just to stay or make in a server.

Took me 30 min to make a set up this morning so I'll be able to play when I get home from work.

Ken

People weren't kidding when they said getting the chocobo was fast doing fates.

I farmed fates over at Eastern Thanlan - Wellwick Wood for maybe an hour and got just over 2k. Also, made the mistake of teleporting everywhere now i am broke but luckily running to airships and stuff isn't as tedious with the mount. I should be able to hit my maurader to 15 to become a dragoon later today. IS there anything special i need to do once i hit 15 and get my lancer to 30? Do i need to go somewhere for a quest line?

Luckily i make my own hours so i haven't had much problem playing. Morning to mid-afternoon EST every day since early access with no problems, i seem to hit the road around 4-5pm est to about 9-10pm est. Granted, not everyone can make their hours and can't play till times where there are high traffic but still, this launch has been much, much more smoother than most mmo launches.

Haven't ran into any real crashing, bugs or being kicked out. Just the annoying server full during peak hours.

is farming for tokens with fates faster than dungeons?

I would highly recommend it. I bought it initially for GW2, but it works perfectly for this game. I don't see how I would play this game without it. It really takes no time to learn where to press the buttons.

Is there a program you have to use to set the hotkeys for ARR, or can you do that in-game and it'll be recognized right away?

I just recently bought two of these to replace a pair of Naga Epics. The "Num - 123" switch stopped functioning on one of the Epics and it's currently out of warranty. Rather than roll the dice on another Razer product, I decided to go with the G600. I'm a little concerned about the third mouse button and the wider grip. It also seems like the shape and grooves on the number buttons on the side will make it slower to slide between them. On the plus side, it seems much easier to tell exactly what button your thumb is on. I hope I'll be able to get used to it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Has it really been 7 years since FFXII? Dear God. This generation really was Squenix's Lost Generation. But FFXIV has shown to us what hope looks like, I hope FFXV and KH3 are also good.

It has been... doesn't seem that way, but it is. Thankfully, many of XII's staff worked on XIV so we can see where the resemblance lies.

teiresias

Thanks for the tip, looks like I'll be putting that money towards a mouse instead of further paying off my PS4 pre-order!

I only wish they had a wireless version. I guess I'll have to keep my current wireless mouse attached and handy for couch use (or get that wireless logitech keyboard with the integrated touchpad everyone seems to be buying - probably just see if my folks will give it to me for christmas this year, haha).

Mr. RHC

Has it really been 7 years since FFXII? Dear God. This generation really was Squenix's Lost Generation. But FFXIV has shown to us what hope looks like, I hope FFXV and KH3 are also good.

My thoughts exactly, having a lot of fun with FF XIV, I haven't expierenced the FF XI mythos, so this feels kinda fresh and everything.

Panda Rin

Is there a program you have to use to set the hotkeys for ARR, or can you do that in-game and it'll be recognized right away?

Yep. There's a program where you can map each individual button to a key. For me, I just went with 0 through =, which is what the game and mouse software defaults to. So I didn't have to do anything.

There is a third mouse click button on the far right where people seem to be mistakenly pressing it. I personally do not have this problem..it really depends on how you hold your mice. I set that button to hit Ctrl, and in combination with the side buttons, pressing them together makes it so I have access to another row of skills. Really nice feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom