• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubb

How can I remove Materia from gear? In 1.0 there was a moblin NPC that did this, is still the same way?

I've been told it is the same place you go to learn about putting in materia (place right outside of Ul'da?). Not 100% sure myself, and people who meld it in cannot take it back out?

I've been told it is the same place you go to learn about putting in materia (place right outside of Ul'da?). Not 100% sure myself, and people who meld it in cannot take it back out?

The name of the area is called 'The Bonfire'. It's in one of the Thanalan zones, on the north side of the map.

linkent

Need info on this main quest.
Level 46 Fool Me Twice (Unable to complete bug)

I did this quest 3x.
First time, There is no cutscene after the guard/magitek died. So I log out and back(need to wait 1hour for the Queue)
2nd time, The cutsence come out, yet the quest is not completed.
3rd time, There is no cutscene again, I dont want to log out, so i will let the 20min run out.

So while waiting i make this post..
Anyone know what i should do? T_T

Ok i figured out what is going on. (still dunno why the 2nd time it fail)
The 1st and 3rd time, i stun the magitek when it tries to "overclocked"
and i killed it too fast that there is no add spawned.
My last attemp, i took it slowly.. let it summon adds+overclocked and it successs

Z3M0G

Just took Tuesday off for an extra long weekend (Canada), just to play this game... This weekend is my GF's birthday "weekend" so I won't be able to play at all.

daveo42

Banned
That was already the case with FF11, though. People just didn't give it a shot.

They didn't give it a shot, at least early on, based on how unforgiving it could be, how little the game tells you about what to do or who to talk to for certain things, and the amount of time you had to spend just leveling one character to cap. It is really sad more people didn't get to experience it like this from the early days.

I miss that game.

Khrno

Thanks, I got a body I might be able to sell for about 2M, but when I was changing the cracked materias for new ones I put one that shouldn't have been because I had no idea what that option was for.

frequency

I'm not sure how people make it all the way to dungeons without realising they're a tank. Does the "Increase Enmity" additional effect on your skills not tell you you're a tank?

daveo42

Banned
I'm not sure how people make it all the way to dungeons without realising they're a tank. Does the "Increase Enmity" additional effect on your skills not tell you you're a tank?

Not saying this is the case for all the issues, but I'm sure there are a few people that don't read the entire description and gloss it over or just try it out and realize that it does damage. Either they are rushing to get to the end game or just think that it's an attack and that's all they need to know about it.

Jinko

Hmm I been pretty forgiving up until now, but these logging problems should have been sorted by now.

On top of that SE have said we won't get a sort feature until 2.1 (which is scheduled in 3 months supposedly) and they don't look like they plan to change the way marketwards work.

Not a good day to be a customer.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So basically, I almost impulse bought this earlier today. But reading this thread is like a cold shower. I'd definitely want to be on Ultros to play with GAF, and it seems like...that's impossible for now. Maybe next week, lol

They didn't give it a shot, at least early on, based on how unforgiving it could be, how little the game tells you about what to do or who to talk to for certain things, and the amount of time you had to spend just leveling one character to cap. It is really sad more people didn't get to experience it like this from the early days.

I miss that game.

My one dream is that when it's all over and they've put it to bed, they allow FFXI to be played either offline or with private servers/

Aeana

Hmm I been pretty forgiving up until now, but these logging problems should have been sorted by now.

On top of that SE have said we won't get a sort feature until 2.1 and they don't look like they plan to change the marketwards work.

Not a good day to be a customer.
SE announced infrastructure upgrades for next week several days ago. So that's when you should expect things to be fixed.

Boss Man

I'd also like to add that before I played MMOs, I don't think I knew what the word enmity even meant.

The audience this game is after are very likely to be confused by the big axe wielding warrior being a defensive character.

Hubb

So basically, I almost impulse bought this earlier today. But reading this thread is like a cold shower. I'd definitely want to be on Ultros to play with GAF, and it seems like...that's impossible for now. Maybe next week, lol

They seem to open up character creation around 11PM-2AM EST ( or have the past 2-3 days). That might not be the best time for you, but if you are up it is worth checking out tonight.

Haha I know right. Well, hey I played Sastasha with a Ukrainian guy the other day who didn't know what the word Enmity meant, so I witnessed the realization first hand of a guy coming to the conclusion that he was the tank :p

Skilletor

Yup. Probably won't go away until next week at the earliest.

While that sucks, I'm really glad this is doing well for SE.

I wonder how this relaunch, if popularity maintains, figures in to the narrative of "FF is dead" so many people have been going on about this gen.

Boss Man

I think I asked this before but I don't recall anyone answering.

I thought I saw in an interview somewhere that Yoshi mentioned wanting to go to a 'single world' design at some point. Did anyone else see that or did I make it up? It'd be nice to be able to add friends across servers and stuff like that, which I assume this would facilitate. I guess the idea is that there would still be a bunch of separate servers but not so much 'realms' and they might push friends together and let you create parties across servers and stuff, so that the barriers would be more on the back end.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I wonder how many people are holding off registering their free 30 days to wait for the problems to settle down. I'm going to give it a couple of weeks then register.

Wilsongt

So, in terms of PS3 vs keyboard/mouse controllers, I feel like, if you're going to play a healer or something that has to switch between targets really fast, then it's best to use a mouse and keyboard. But, if you're a tank or just a straight DPS character, then the controller works fine.

I found myself having to quickly switch between targets to heal and targets to attack when I do dungeons and I wouldn't be able to do that with the PS3 controller.

Anyone agree?

I think I asked this before but I don't recall anyone answering.

I thought I saw in an interview somewhere that Yoshi mentioned wanting to go to a 'single world' design at some point. Did anyone else see that or did I make it up?

I remember what you're talking about and I think what he said was something along the lines of "our server structure can support a worldless model, but for now we will be having separate worlds"

So, in terms of PS3 vs keyboard/mouse controllers, I feel like, if you're going to play a healer or something that has to switch between targets really fast, then it's best to use a mouse and keyboard. But, if you're a tank or just a straight DPS character, then the controller works fine.

I found myself having to quickly switch between targets to heal and targets to attack when I do dungeons and I wouldn't be able to do that with the PS3 controller.

Anyone agree?

I use up/down on the dpad to highlight the party member to heal, and left/right to switch attack targets, and it seems to work ok. Of course, setting up macros is good too.

As a healer though, prioritize healing and whatever control method lets you do that most effectively.

So am I going to have to put on the serious face when I get through to a CSR to escalate? Or was it a calm and civil conversation. I'll need to be in a certain mindset for the former if that's the case.
Lol nah it was painless. He asked for the ticket number, took a look at it, told me it would take a few more minutes on hold to escalate, and a few minutes later he told me it was done and that the changes can take up to two days. Fortunately, it only took a few hours. Good luck!

LegatoB

Anyone agree?
I made a set of macros to cast Cure/Esuna on each specific party member, so I can toss a heal at whoever without having to change target. I don't know how well that tactic will play out at higher levels when I've got more abilities to worry about, but it works pretty well so far.

Sblargh

Banned
So, I'm in Brazil and I registered the wrong service account. I have no phone or chat support.
I sent an e-mail 3 days ago and they responded that in 2 days it would be fixed. It wasn't.

Do I have any other option?

Vashetti

Banned

Anyone agree?

You'd be surprised how well it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom