• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol nah it was painless. He asked for the ticket number, took a look at it, told me it would take a few more minutes on hold to escalate, and a few minutes later he told me it was done and that the changes can take up to two days. Fortunately, it only took a few hours. Good luck!

Thanks, this is useful info! Always hear horror stories about SE's CS. Hoping I can make use of the holiday weekend and make some decent progress.

Aeana

So, in terms of PS3 vs keyboard/mouse controllers, I feel like, if you're going to play a healer or something that has to switch between targets really fast, then it's best to use a mouse and keyboard. But, if you're a tank or just a straight DPS character, then the controller works fine.

I found myself having to quickly switch between targets to heal and targets to attack when I do dungeons and I wouldn't be able to do that with the PS3 controller.

Anyone agree?
The controller is fantastic for healing. Up/down on the dpad moves up and down the party list. You can also press confirm on a member to make them your focus so that your target will always return to them after you do another action. Making the tank the focus and then moving up/down to others to heal them occasionally works really, really well. If I want to switch to enemies, I use left/right, although I can't say I do that very often since I have little interest in doing damage.

Wilsongt

You'd be surprised how well it works.

Oh, I know the PS3 controller works well. I started out with it and I found the controls got really intuitive after a while. Targetting was just tricky at times, though.

Edit: Huh. Perhaps I should jump on the PS3 tonight and play with the controls there, then. Give my poor computer a rest.

Thanks for the input guys (and gals!)!

Omnicent

Does anyone have a website out with all the crafting recipes? I want to figure out what I should gather/buy in order to level a bunch of different crafts

don't use xivdb as some of there recipes are out of date.... it bit me in the ass when I went to make some crafts when i started my crafting binge (some of the material amounts have been reversed like needing 2 ingots and 1 lumber instead of 1 ingot and 2 lumber, etc. That or they are plain different like Iron Ingots).

Faithless

I can't stop thinking about this game. It really is the best Final Fantasy game since XII. I know that's only one game ago, but it's also an entire generation of platforms away.

It's funny, well-written, with compelling plot hooks and momentum. And a great aesthetic! And some nice relaxing music. I mean, what's not to lik1017--

Heysoos

So, I'm in Brazil and I registered the wrong service account. I have no phone or chat support.
I sent an e-mail 3 days ago and they responded that in 2 days it would be fixed. It wasn't.

Do I have any other option?

Nope. You just gotta wait it out. By the way. I read that they're also randomly closing support tickets older than 48 hours, because fuck us that's why. Yesterday I was in queue to chat for 2 hours, when I reached the front of queue to get help, it just said "There are no agents available to chat with you, please try again later." Queued up again, estimated 6 hour wait time. I hear people that call have in queue for up to 5 hours also

So now I can't play on my character anymore until they decide to eventually get around to my ticket.

Aeana

Oh, I know the PS3 controller works well. I started out with it and I found the controls got really intuitive after a while. Targetting was just tricky at times, though.

Edit: Huh. Perhaps I should jump on the PS3 tonight and play with the controls there, then. Give my poor computer a rest.

Thanks for the input guys (and gals!)!
Keyboard/mouse does have the advantage of being able to use mouseover macros, which make healing a breeze. That's how I healed in WoW. You just make a macro and use <mo> for the target, and then you don't even have to change targets to heal. Just move your mouse on top of the character's unit frame or the character on the field before pressing the macro. If I ever switch to kb/m for whatever reason, that's what I'll do.

centracore

I'm playing with the Xbox 360 controller on PC (just because I only ever played FFXI with a controller so it just felt right). When cycling through targets there a way to prevent it from targeting Carbuncles?

Aeana

I'm playing with the Xbox 360 controller on PC (just because I only ever played FFXI with a controller so it just felt right). When cycling through targets there a way to prevent it from targeting Carbuncles?
You can set up targeting filter modes in the options and exclude non-player characters from there. You can also set it up so you can quickly switch target filter modes with LB+face buttons.

Sblargh

Banned
Nope. You just gotta wait it out. By the way. I read that they're also randomly closing support tickets older than 48 hours, because fuck us that's why. Yesterday I was in queue to chat for 2 hours, when I reached the front of queue to get help, it just said "There are no agents available to chat with you, please try again later." Queued up again, estimated 6 hour wait time. I hear people that call have in queue for up to 5 hours also

So now I can't play on my character anymore until they decide to eventually get around to my ticket.

Oh man. Everything that is not the actual game is soooo bad. Why the fuck is "add another service" a pink bright button that makes totally sense to press? Why "add plataform" in a game that is multi-plataform and you only want to play in one is the actual correct answer?

How can you fuck up something this simples?

Really, what does "Plataform" even mean outside of the PC/PS3 context? What could it possibly mean?

Alucrid

Banned
Oh man. Everything that is not the actual game is soooo bad. Why the fuck is "add another service" a pink bright button that makes totally sense to press? Why "add plataform" in a game that is multi-plataform and you only want to play in one is the actual correct answer?

Yep, just tried to log in and saw that the early access expired and they still haven't fixed my account.

What's the link to chat support or phone number?

centracore

You can set up targeting filter modes in the options and exclude non-player characters from there. You can also set it up so you can quickly switch target filter modes with LB+face buttons.

I saw that but was a bit confused by the options in there.. Do you know iff I have an entry checked off is it excluded from targeting or included?

burgerdog

Is Haukke Manor(sp?) part of the story? I reached level 28 last night and I hate totorak so I never want to do it again if I have a choice.

Heysoos

Yep, just tried to log in and saw that the early access expired and they still haven't fixed my account.

What's the link to chat support or phone number?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1le7q4/so_you_registered_to_a_new_service_account_now/

Really, what does "Plataform" even mean outside of the PC/PS3 context? What could it possibly mean?

It's a big enough issue that there's a huge thread on the support forums. Some people have been waiting ~4 days to get the issue fixed, so I wouldn't hold my breath to being able to play this weekend.

Raijinken

So what are the chances of SE allowing us to change worlds eventually? I have a few people that told me they joined Adamantoise. I'm hoping they can change over to Ultros eventually...

Hey ARR gaf.

I have a question, because I can't play until 11th September and have a friend levelling up a character.

When FFXIV shut down I had a character on Lindblum, it's a legacy character and I want to play this character when I come back. I haven't played any of the betas since the servers were shut down.

What legacy server will my character be on when I finally get chance to log in? And will I still be able to edit my character's details when I log in?

I need to know the server, or if I'm able to pick which legacy server I can put my character on so my friend doesn't waste his time levelling a character on a server I can't get onto.

Can anybody clue me in? I have tried googling for an answer, but can't find anything other than it 'could' be on Sargatanas.

Phades

So if the digital down load has been disabled and the legacy owners have to download the client and their time runs out automatically on the 9th, how would a legacy owner get the game up and running if they haven't already before the time expires?

Cowie

So what are the chances of SE allowing us to change worlds eventually? I have a few people that told me they joined Adamantoise. I'm hoping they can change over to Ultros eventually...

Mid-September is the estimate for when the ability to transfer between worlds will be in place. Of course, world population could play a part in that, so there's no guarantee anyone will be able to transfer to any particular world.

Talents

Banned
So just about to reinstall the game (haven't played since phase 2 as I didn't want to burn myself out on the game and wanted stuff to stay a surprise), are you lot still on Tonberry server or have you changed?

Sblargh

Banned
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1le7q4/so_you_registered_to_a_new_service_account_now/

It's a big enough issue that there's a huge thread on the support forums. Some people have been waiting ~4 days to get the issue fixed, so I wouldn't hold my breath to being able to play this weekend.

Yep. Now they have their support service full of people complaining about 1017 and full of people complaining about this. Meaning that they basically have no support system because it can't deal with both these issues. Plus whatever normal issue a game like this usually have.

And the fact that they don't even let me sub for 30 days so I have a month to deal with this problem is just salt in the wound. Really, it is a game that does not want to be played.

Kyon

Banned
The controller is fantastic for healing. Up/down on the dpad moves up and down the party list. You can also press confirm on a member to make them your focus so that your target will always return to them after you do another action. Making the tank the focus and then moving up/down to others to heal them occasionally works really, really well. If I want to switch to enemies, I use left/right, although I can't say I do that very often since I have little interest in doing damage.

This is literally exactly what I do. ;__;

Nibiru

Banned

This is good to know. If i ever roll a healer i might use a controller.

Concept17

I finally got a couple hours to sit and play this, as I've been very busy lately.

I'm surprised more people aren't getting hung up on the first 10 levels. For the most part it feels very limited and very hand-holdy. The cutscenes are dry and boring, and so far the game has felt like one big tutorial.

However, the game manages to really nail it's gameplay. Its clean, with nice feedback, and easy to follow. The numbers and what is happening every fight are very clear, while still managing to look nice. In a way it brings me back to my DAoC days in that it feels very functional.

My biggest gripe with the game so far are all the sidequests everywhere. I avoid the majority of them. Armor choices are also very disappointing, and its a shame we have yet another MMO where every class looks the same over time. The armor that DOES exist, looks nice for the most part.

On the other hand I really like hunting logs, and I wish there were more of them to do/rare ones. Fates are a nice touch as the 'boss' fights tend to last awhile, even if they're typically quite easy. I will say other games have done this kind of feature a bit better, but its nice to have.

Also Limsa is a terrible place to navigate. Ugh.

Looking forward to playing some more.

Tash

Had issues showing them too and just did a restart. All good now.

Is ANYONE playing on Phoenix?

I figured out you can click on the map it shows you for quest objectives to zoom into the zone. OMG so much easier to find stuff now and figure out which waypoint to port to. Why they chose to display the world view instead the zone view for the objective is beyond me.

Is anyone else here using d3doverride to help with stuttering issues? I'm running a 7950 and have had it pretty bad. d3do helped a bit but I'm still having some stuttering - any pointers?

komaruR

According the mogstation sometime in mid sept they will offer world transfer

hamchan

I can't stop thinking about this game. It really is the best Final Fantasy game since XII. I know that's only one game ago, but it's also an entire generation of platforms away.

It's funny, well-written, with compelling plot hooks and momentum. And a great aesthetic! And some nice relaxing music. I mean, what's not to lik1017--

Ha ha yeah, these server errors really putting a damper on an otherwise great game. Good thing those errors will only last a week, the good game design will last for years.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Should I bother 100% spiritbonding my early game gear? I am only lvl 10, but I keep waiting to switch into new gear until I get that max spiritbond. I haven't even unlocked the ability to materia craft yet, but I am just prepping in case.

Waste of time? Ignore Spiritbond until much later?

Sblargh

Banned
Should I bother 100% spiritbonding my early game gear? I am only lvl 10, but I keep waiting to switch into new gear until I get that max spiritbond. I haven't even unlocked the ability to materia craft yet, but I am just prepping in case.

Waste of time? Ignore Spiritbond until much later?

You can use it again when leveling your sub-class.

Leaving work early today. I have the entire Labor day weekend to play this and I'm going all in. Hopefully, I can hit 45-50 by Monday night. I will not be skipping any dungeons or story scenarios and would like to run a few dungeons multiple times for gear and to help people in the FC out.

NIN90

My whole PC keeps crashing at a certain point in Limsa Lominsa. And now the server is full. Thanks SE, guess I'll try again tomorrow.

letterboxart

Neo Member
I finally got a couple hours to sit and play this, as I've been very busy lately.

I'm surprised more people aren't getting hung up on the first 10 levels. For the most part it feels very limited and very hand-holdy. The cutscenes are dry and boring, and so far the game has felt like one big tutorial.

However, the game manages to really nail it's gameplay. Its clean, with nice feedback, and easy to follow. The numbers and what is happening every fight are very clear, while still managing to look nice. In a way it brings me back to my DAoC days in that it feels very functional.

My biggest gripe with the game so far are all the sidequests everywhere. I avoid the majority of them. Armor choices are also very disappointing, and its a shame we have yet another MMO where every class looks the same over time. The armor that DOES exist, looks nice for the most part.

On the other hand I really like hunting logs, and I wish there were more of them to do/rare ones. Fates are a nice touch as the 'boss' fights tend to last awhile, even if they're typically quite easy. I will say other games have done this kind of feature a bit better, but its nice to have.

Also Limsa is a terrible place to navigate. Ugh.

Looking forward to playing some more.
I found the first 15 levels of some classes (arcanist, conjurer) to be slow too. Thankfully, things get more interesting later when you unlock other classes, cross-class skills, crafting, dungeons, etc. It helps that all classes besides your highest level class get an exp bonus, which makes the early levels much faster.

The ability to level multiple classes is probably the reason there are so many side quests (and other ways to earn exp). There's also a hunting log for each class, and one for your grand company.

And yeah, Limsa is pretty confusing. It's probably the least intuitive of the 3 cities.

XI's story was great and XIV carries on the baton.

Base FFXI story wasn't anything mind blowing but Zilart felt like a legit FF adventure much like A Realm Reborn does, and Promathia is one of the very best written and presented stories in the series by far. I have really high hopes for the direction XIV's story will go in 2.1 and beyond. I can only imagine how great interacting with Bahamut will be.

Aeana

I'm really surprised that so many people have such difficulty navigating Limsa Lominsa. Maybe I'm a freak, but I find it easy and I really love that city.

Roxas

Anyone else on PS3 having troubles with the game hard locking the system frequently? Just had another, thats the 3rd time in 24 hours.

Alucrid

Banned
..and I just realized all DD sales of the game are halted so I can't even buy a second copy if I wanted. fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

jiggle

poo
i can't play on ps3 cuz my disc didn't arrive yet :<
guess i'll put my 1.0 benefit to use for now

i'm confused
how do i register my ps3 code into an existing service?
using mogstation?
or through PSN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom