• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubb

I'm really surprised that so many people have such difficulty navigating Limsa Lominsa. Maybe I'm a freak, but I find it easy and I really love that city.

I don't like how the aetherites are name. The other cities are easy because they plainly state "Weaver's guild" and the like. Limsa just has crazy names.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I'm really surprised that so many people have such difficulty navigating Limsa Lominsa. Maybe I'm a freak, but I find it easy and I really love that city.

I've finally got the hang of it after running all around it leveling my MRD so I can unlock DRG, but it's still probably the hardest of the three mostly cause of the different levels, weird aetherite names, and odd (imo) exits to the various zones. Gridania is pretty simple, Ul'dah is right in the middle, and Limsa would be the hardest to navigate imo.

Baleoce

Agreed, I don't think it's that difficult. I love that area in general. Costa del Sol is such a fun area. Also, that Aleport music xD I can't stop whistling it.

Exodist

I just found out that you get to play free until September 9th (or something) if you previously owned the original XIV, which sadly, I did (launch day player, horrible game). So I downloaded this again (I played a beta weekend). It was pretty nice I got to change my characters race, appearance and name etc for free, but obviously I can't log in. Never been a big player, as said I got the game on launch but to be blunt it was absolutely shit so I never got past the initial 30 days. I'll give this a shot though and will probably end up picking a month sub up. I'll try and play tonight and hopefully get to login.

Barakov

I felt that way at the beginning, but after I got my bearings it was pretty easy to get around.

daveo42

Banned
Leaving work early today. I have the entire Labor day weekend to play this and I'm going all in. Hopefully, I can hit 45-50 by Monday night. I will not be skipping any dungeons or story scenarios and would like to run a few dungeons multiple times for gear and to help people in the FC out.

This is my goal, but more along the lines of getting to 50 by tomorrow afternoon. Now if I can just log in when I get off of work this afternoon.

For me it's not being able to remember what levels the Adventure's guild and elevator to the airship are because both levels have the same circular rooms all over the place. I really think Gridania is by far the easiest to get around, but I like the feel of Ul'dah more.

Pft, I love Limsa. I don't know what those people are talking about.

Once again, never forget. Never ever.

ffxiv-maps-the-black-shroud.jpg

J-Rod

I had a weird bug while in an instanced dungeon. A copy of my party appeared, targetable and all. Using my f keys to target a party member would target the doppelgängers. The tank was a mile away fighting a mob while I healed his motionless doppelganger in the next room. Weird stuff.

Hellers

My ADSL decided to resync and I got booted. Now I'm stuck with it thinking I'm still logged in. Does anyone know how long that generally takes to clear>

I've played through numerous MMORPG launches and I don't think I've ever seen this many people just crawl over each other just to play. It's not that the servers are small and don't hold very many people; there are literally people EVERYWHERE. Usually, when you travel farther you travel from the starting areas, you'll notice that there are fewer and fewer people progressing through the game.

Not here.

I haven't been to any hunting area or city that was absent of other players. Hell, I'm finding it hard to meet quest requirements because I'm having to share a hunting spot with at least 10 other people. Couple this knowledge with the fact that there are TONS of people who can't play due to the restrictive logins? I managed to log in last night after two days of trying, and I'm already having withdrawals. I know I'm totally fanboying out here, but it's been a long time since I've played a Final Fantasy game that felt like a Final Fantasy game.

ZetaEpyon

The only real problem that I have with the cities is how broken up they are now into different zones. I had a lot less difficulty finding things when they were all essentially a single map (level differences aside). In that regard, I think that 2.0 Gridania is the best, but it's mostly just a matter of getting used to the others.

Mononoke

Banned
Is the server load really THAT bad?

I can't even buy the digital version of this game (I think they capped it off because server problems). =/

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn Wufei what server you on? Fit-GAF needs more representation!

Ferrio

Banned
I was so tempted to log in this morning and leave it running. But I was the better man... not the smarter.. but maybe better.

Any tips for leveling up crafting or gathering? It's getting really slow.

For gathering use Leves, leves leves. Crafting you can just craft items and shoot for as high as a HQ % as possible. If you wanna do leves only turn in HQ items as the quest will give you TONS of xp and gil.

levelhest (or something). Save all your levehests for gathering.

Crafting is not slow, it only costs too much.

Crafting doesn't cost money if you gather along side it. Also if you do leves and turn in HQ items you'll make tons of money.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
What's the current situation? I've never played, but I need to scratch the MMO itch. Am I allowed to buy the game yet? Once I can finally get in, is everyone going to be way past me?

Is the server load really THAT bad?

I can't even buy the digital version of this game (I think they capped it off because server problems). =/

The problem is the instance server outright fails if capacity gets too high. That not only means no dungeons but no story quests either.

Mononoke

Banned
The problem is the instance server outright fails if capacity gets too high. That not only means no dungeons but no story quests either.

So I should probably just wait a couple weeks?

Are you guys able to get any play time in? I guess it's kind of a moot point. I don't think there is a place to buy this digitally right now anyways.

Ultrabum

What's the current situation? I've never played, but I need to scratch the MMO itch. Am I allowed to buy the game yet? Once I can finally get in, is everyone going to be way past me?

I bought the game at best buy, installed patched. I had to make a character on Jp server, but 0 errors or trouble since then. I'll just transfer in a few weeks. Also lots of English speakers on the Jp server lol

Niwa

I really like this game but the fact I couldnt play for two days straight because the servers were fully is making me sad. :(

Sblargh

Banned
I was so tempted to log in this morning and leave it running. But I was the better man... not the smarter.. but maybe better.

For gathering use Leves, leves leves. Crafting you can just craft items and shoot for as high as a HQ % as possible. If you wanna do leves only turn in HQ items as the quest will give you TONS of xp and gil.

Crafting doesn't cost money if you gather along side it. Also if you do leves and turn in HQ items you'll make tons of money.

Good tips!

Baleoce

If you have an account that is active for both PC and PS3, do the achievements for PS3 load retroactively, or would you have to do them all again on a different character whilst playing your PS3?

Ravidrath

If you have an account that is active for both PC and PS3, do the achievements for PS3 load retroactively, or would you have to do them all again on a different character whilst playing your PS3?

Someone told me that you need to actually do them on PS3, which is... insane.

Anyone able to confirm?

Berordn

Someone told me that you need to actually do them on PS3, which is... insane.

Anyone able to confirm?

The last I heard was that you had to finish the final one that would award the on the PS3, but even that got debated pretty heavily in the LS it came up in.

Heysoos

fuck sake this is ridiculous. I called literally as soon as their call center was opened, been on hold for 40 minutes now. I realize they're getting a lot of calls, but just how little agents do they freaking have? Reading up on the issue, some people have said they waited 5+ hours. Chat is no better. Some people have mentioned getting a no agent error 3-4 times in a row, each time having to requeue and waiting another 2-4 hours per wait.

NeOak

fuck sake this is ridiculous. I called literally as soon as their call center was opened, been on hold for 40 minutes now. I realize they're getting a lot of calls, but just how little agents do they freaking have? Reading up on the issue, some people have said they waited 5+ hours. Chat is no better. Some people have mentioned getting a no agent error 3-4 times in a row, each time having to requeue and waiting another 2-4 hours per wait.

And here I thought EnMasse's support for NA TERA was mediocre atm.

(They had top tier phone and chat support for about 6 months, then scaled down)

Phades

Judging from the thread responses, the FFXI North American launch went flawlessly (it had a lot of problems too) by comparison to the FFXIV:ARR release.

I guess more folks like myself who are legacy players, who also were not invited into the beta after registering months ago, are coming out of the wood work to try and see what is different in addition to a swarm of new players who did get into the beta and liked the game. I'm guessing most will either break down and buy it again (mistake) or just give up entirely given the state of the game and limited time offers involved.

Judging by this thread alone, what do you think the volume of calls they're getting is?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I can't really put my finger on it, but I feel like I'm not fully enjoying each area of the game. Maybe it's zigzagging all over the place and sidequests not having long chains in one area. I also only spend a minute completeing an objective after treking there.

Reishiki

Banned
Judging from the thread responses, the FFXI North American launch went flawlessly (it had a lot of problems too) by comparison to the FFXIV:ARR release.

Actually, thinking about it, wasn't the original FFXI JP release utterly catastrophic? Any FFXI historians remember?

Haint

I'm playing with the Xbox 360 controller on PC (just because I only ever played FFXI with a controller so it just felt right). When cycling through targets there a way to prevent it from targeting Carbuncles?

You can set up targeting filter modes in the options and exclude non-player characters from there. You can also set it up so you can quickly switch target filter modes with LB+face buttons.

Filters don't seem to work with controllers unfortunately, probably need to post the bug on the official forums and contact a GM so they're aware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom