• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
The market on our server is so useless. It's almost not even worth leveling crafts like Armorer and Blacksmith considering you can buy almost all the gear from npc's now. Can't even make a dollar and people are competing so much for selling high end gear that gear with materia is barely bringing in 15k.

Not only that as a armorer the most valuable stuff the Darksteel gear requires Darksteel Ingots which require 9 coke that cost 125 tomes like its so ridiculous that it isn't even worth the effort. Not only that the selling of stacks only is such a poor decision like I didn't think they could make the market place worse than 1.0 but congratulations you have SE.

You can buy the gear from NPCs? Thought gear stops being purchasable after 15?

Are you on a legacy server?

louis0nfire

Neo Member
I know this game has tons of fan service, so I wanted to ask this: The only Final Fantasy games I've completed are VII and X. I've played VI, VIII, and IX minimally. How much do you think someone like myself would enjoy the story, lore, characters, style, etc?

Shouta

You can buy the gear from NPCs? Thought gear stops being purchasable after 15?

Are you on a legacy server?

Gear is purchasable from NPCs all the way up until 50. It can be a little pricey but it gives you a good gauge for shopping on the markets. Typically, level 44/46 weapons (or whatever is like the last buyable normal weapon) is just under 10k from the level 50 vendors.

TheContact

I know this game has tons of fan service, so I wanted to ask this: The only Final Fantasy games I've completed are VII and X. I've played VI, VIII, and IX minimally. How much do you think someone like myself would enjoy the story, lore, characters, style, etc?

The story isn't like what you've played before in any of those games, and the gameplay isn't either. The only thing that will feel familiar to you would be final fantasy themed things, like chocobos, black mages, etc.. I wouldn't approach this game trying to compare it to other games in the franchise, except maybe XI and slightly XII

Whooter

We need more female Roegadyn love, I've yet to see another.

Here ya go!

neuZOq1.jpg

Timeaisis

Stylistically, it is much closer to IX or XII. It's absolutely fantasy-world. I'm not far enough to say how much I like the story, but it's definitely more story-driven than most MMOs. The lore seems pretty solid and interesting.

drgambit

Banned
I'm probably the vocal minority here, but is it possible to solo in this game? I understand there are dungeons and instances that require groups, but for the most part can you solo?

Is there a dungeon finder?

Also, how is the ratio for time to xp gain? I remember that FFXI was just a massive time sink for very little reward.

Ferrio

Banned
Gear is purchasable from NPCs all the way up until 50. It can be a little pricey but it gives you a good gauge for shopping on the markets. Typically, level 44/46 weapons (or whatever is like the last buyable normal weapon) is just under 10k from the level 50 vendors.

Really? So where would I find say... lvl 20+ crafting gear. I've seen none.

Heysoos

lol on queue for phone center for 90 some minutes when the call just ends. Seems I'm not the only one reading the other forums. I fucking hate them so much right now.

Mairu

I'm probably the vocal minority here, but is it possible to solo in this game? I understand there are dungeons and instances that require groups, but for the most part can you solo?

Also, how is the ratio for time to xp gain? I remember that FFXI was just a massive time sink for very little reward.

Yes to both

Not anywhere close to as hardcore as ff11 was

You can hit the lvl cap soloing but I think you'll need to group up occasionally to do the story dungeons. There is a dungeon group finder, but its very slow at the moment.
No where near as much as a time sink to level classes. I was able to lvl my secondary class to 15 in about 4 hours last night.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Is there an easy way to transfer hotbar data between PCs? Is it located anywhere?

Also, having to watch the unskippable intro when you boot it up on a new PC kinda sucks.

Mairu

Is there an easy way to transfer hotbar data between PCs? Is it located anywhere?

Also, having to watch the unskippable intro when you boot it up on a new PC kinda sucks.

Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\FFXIV_BUNCHOFLETTERSANDNUMBERS

Copy the folder over and it'll transfer your hotbar data + gear sets

So uh, I know that you can't buy keys anymore, but anyone knows any other places I can get the CE version of the key? Trying to search for it. Planning to play on the Japanese servers.

Rimshot

Thegame would only let me create a character on the Moogle server, so I thought hey might not be a full server. Have not been able to login yet... :( How about having a freaking queue system, and not just "oh the world is full" :/

Kenai

It's a lot less harsh. You'll want to advance the story to unlock several important features, and those do involve grouping up from time to time, but it's not very often. I think I just unlocked the sixth dungeon at level 35, and two of them aren't story related (although there were two Primal fights that required grouping as well). Besides that, they basically leave you with several different options to exp and progress at your own pace. The Duty Finder (dungeon finder) can also be used to set up those groups for you and is NOT broken as many would claim; it's just exceedingly slow if you are a DPS spec (kinda like WoW) and unlike WoW most jobs are locked into one role from the getgo with no ability to change unless you change class entirely (30+ ACN is the exception to this). I am at 35 and Healer queues are much shorter, and Tank queues are almost instant. Ask anyone who's gotten a "healer queue" or a "tank queue" line cutting ticket from me or others in GAF and they will likely agree with me. Furthermore, you can always do other stuff while waiting, even on another class. I say I will help queue with them, we enter the DF, and then i just go back to crafting or FATEs til it's time.

Exp wise, it feels similar to WoW but without heirlooms. This is misleading, however: as I said before, there are numerous features that are effectively "gated" behind the storyline, including most of the dungeons I mentioned. There's also things like extra storage space, Chocobo riding, Grand Company membership, airship/ferryline services, and so on. So while you can just grind exp on FATEs or something, there's good reason to pay attention to the storyline and that def takes extra time. It won't feel like you just logged in and need hours with a group to get anything done though like in FF11.

Guesong

Dear Arcanists,

Store your ******* Topaz Carbuncle away and summon the proper one you dimwits, it makes my job 10x harder.

Sincerely,

A Gladiator

Quantum

Silly question, and I was not able to read the 300+ previous pages *and* my question was not answered by SE,

so here goes:

I bought 1.0 with the intentions to set up and register an account before it closed. I didn't.

I was going to throw the game out but read that the code could still be used.

To register the code for ARR it is 18 digits. my code is 20.

am I SOL?

Exodist

Silly question, and I was not able to read the 300+ previous pages *and* my question was not answered by SE,

so here goes:

I bought 1.0 with the intentions to set up and register an account before it closed. I didn't.

I was going to throw the game out but read that the code could still be used.

To register the code for ARR it is 18 digits. my code is 20.

am I SOL?

Email their support or something, it should work so they should be able to do something for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom