• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Yep. 2 hours for chat suppor. "no agents, please try again".

Square-enix doesn't know how to queue. In any of their systems.

Do people never have to stand in line on Japan?
-
And the worst thing is that people who do get in touch with support get their ticket "elevated", which basically means they are cutting in line. So fuck you for having submitted the problem 3 days ago and then waited like you were told so.

In how many different ways can you not understand how a queue is supposed to work?

Midou

Going to try the benchmark but I have a feeling my laptop cant handle it, might pick up the ps3 version. I presume the account is interchangeable?

Yep, all one account. A family member got a new laptop recently that was not very good GPU wise but still got a pretty nice benchmark score, so you never know. :p

Timeaisis

Yep, all one account. A family member got a new laptop recently that was not very good GPU wise but still got a pretty nice benchmark score, so you never know. :p

Yeah, agree. Even with Standard Laptop settings, the game is still pretty. My wife has a decent laptop with a slightly above average GPU, and it handles fine.

Kemal86

I spent the first two weeks of AO with a character stuck under a building. Some zoning screw up, I exited a shop as the server crashed. Logged back in with my dude immobile about 4 feet under the shop.

AO was just a badly coded game (or a rushed game) - insufficient servers were the LEAST of its problems.

Tarazet

So what do you guys think about not having spec trees like other MMOs?

I think that the cross-class abilities are meant to fit that bill, and effectively give you as much control over your character as the current WoW talent system.. with the proviso that you have to put the hours in to get those classes leveled.

WolvenOne

Soooo, something feels off:
uaYLE2j.jpg

That, is a LOT of Hotkeys! O_O;;

Kenai

It's fine for me since the job switching + the ability to equip some skills from your other jobs allows for a lot more customization than I usually get from "skill trees" I play WoW for example and you can mention any class/spec and then I'd point to at least a handful of talent "choices" said spec is not actually allowed to take because it's either terrible for them or there's an objectively superior option.

S-E just need to expand upon the Soul/role system for other classes the same way they did for ACN by allowing one class to have a couple roles available to them. Having only one class being able to queue as a healer before 30 for example can make some of those mandatory-for-storyline-progression queues quite long if you rely on the Duty Finder to group you up.

Windam

Scaley member
Couldn't get into Early Access because Ultros was always full. Fine, I'll start when the game launches. Nope. Getting the 1017 error every time I try to connect. What a waste of my early access and sub. Harvey Specter is still only level 15. :(

Silly question, and I was not able to read the 300+ previous pages *and* my question was not answered by SE,

so here goes:

I bought 1.0 with the intentions to set up and register an account before it closed. I didn't.

I was going to throw the game out but read that the code could still be used.

To register the code for ARR it is 18 digits. my code is 20.

am I SOL?

You could try registering it at the Square Enix account management page instead of Mogstation:

http://account.square-enix.com/

If that doesn't work, you could always contact Square Enix support.

Couldn't get into Early Access because Ultros was always full. Fine, I'll start when the game launches. Nope. Getting the 1017 error every time I try to connect. What a waste of my early access and sub. Harvey Specter is still only level 15. :(

Even if you can get in, I can't stay in for more than a couple hours before getting the 90k error and getting dc'd.

It's fine for me since the job switching + the ability to equip some skills from your other jobs allows for a lot more customization than I usually get from "skill trees" I play WoW for example and you can mention any class/spec and then I'd point to at least a handful of talent "choices" said spec is not actually allowed to take because it's either terrible for them or there's an objectively superior option.

S-E just need to expand upon the Soul/role system for other classes the same way they did for ACN by allowing one class to have a couple roles available to them. Having only one class being able to queue as a healer before 30 for example can make some of those mandatory-for-storyline-progression queues quite long if you rely on the Duty Finder to group you up.

I think that the cross-class abilities are meant to fit that bill, and effectively give you as much control over your character as the current WoW talent system.. with the proviso that you have to put the hours in to get those classes leveled.

I'd love a mix between the two. Like, if I could somehow spec my Arcanist to be a pure healer and then place talents to enhance healing skills only (ie. 10% chance to recover mana on crit heal, 15% chance to increase healing crit rate for 5 seconds, etc.)

Tarazet

Yeah, they really need to let Arcanists be able to queue as DPS or healers. They use the same gear and don't need to change anything, just make sure they put their heal on the bar..

Yeah, they really need to let Arcanists be able to queue as DPS or healers. They use the same gear and don't need to change anything, just make sure they put their heal on the bar..

I wonder if people would be asshats and queue as a healer for the fast entry but then be all like, "nah bro, i'm dps k" :p

Arcanist healing's not on part with Conjurer, even with points exclusively distributed in MND. The skill set and stats are meant for DPS.

I wonder if people would be asshats and queue as a healer for the fast entry but then be all like, "nah bro, i'm dps k" :p

That too

Shouta

More or less this.

What they need to do is A) Expanding Soul/Roles like Kenai mentions but also providing more useful cross-class useful skills to allow more room for customization and allowing Classes to exist alongside Jobs.

Like turning GLA into a 1h DD compared to PLD would be much easier if they had a few more damaging/useful abilities to pull from others. Or at least some interesting synergy to allow some uniqueness.

If they could make skill customization materia and more unique skills on equipment, as opposed to just stats, that'd be F'ing amazing.

frequency

Arcanist as it is right now shouldn't be able to queue as healer.

Physick isn't enough to heal beyond the first few dungeons. Especially because your MND statistic is so low.

Arcanist healing's not on part with Conjurer, even with points exclusively distributed in MND. The skill set and stats are meant for DPS.

Yep I'm feeling it too. As Arcanist I main healed dungeons up to Lv25 just fine but I'm starting to miss my CNJ abilities like Medica and Esuna. Also, considering quality of healing, my CNJ crit heals at Lv25 are like 400ish while the ACN are only about 250.

TheContact

To be fair, WoW did away with the talent tree system because of the "wrong choices" people were making. The relatively new system generally has favored talents still, but the differences are situational or negligible for the most part.

They need to pull off good class/job combos with subs, like at end game you could have a Dragoon with tanking abilities from a MRD or something, or a Dragoon with Conjurer for some heals/buffs, just to differentiate Dragoon from Dragoon. I haven't hit end game but I imagine there isn't much of a difference between 50s right now, especially since they all have the same AF gear

Kainazzo

Arcanist as it is right now shouldn't be able to queue as healer.

Physick isn't enough to heal beyond the first few dungeons. Especially because your MND statistic is so low.

I've been dumping points into MND for that reason and I think I've made a mistake. I may actually make a new character if Arcanists are so widespread. Are they still everywhere at lv. 30+?

I've been dumping points into MND for that reason and I think I've made a mistake. I may actually make a new character if Arcanists are so widespread. Are they still everywhere at lv. 30+?

You can respec-it's fairly expensive seal-wise, but better than starting a new character. And yeah, Arcanists are everywhere because it was the last class to be unlocked and everyone wanted to try it.

More or less this.

What they need to do is A) Expanding Soul/Roles like Kenai mentions but also providing more useful cross-class useful skills to allow more room for customization and allowing Classes to exist alongside Jobs.

Like turning GLA into a 1h DD compared to PLD would be much easier if they had a few more damaging/useful abilities to pull from others. Or at least some interesting synergy to allow some uniqueness.

If they could make skill customization materia and more unique skills on equipment, as opposed to just stats, that'd be F'ing amazing.

I absolutely agree. Also, speaking of Materia, who's bright idea was it to only allow crafters of the gear type to be able to socket the stuff?

My friends and I used to joke about how WoW could be worse and I kid you not, this is the shit we used to joke about:

"Haha, hey man, what if a max level Leatherworker was the only guy that could socket gems into your high end Leather gear? You'd have to like, run around town and ask people or something. Wouldn't that suck, lol, no game would ever do that..."

D:

Heysoos

There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later.

Another 2+ hours wasted, Wonderful. Like what the fuck is the point of even making me wait in a queue if your shitty fucking support doesn't work. At this point, with this quality of support, I'm thinking of cutting my losses and going for a refund. I'm not going to be fighting this.

frequency

It's not really a mistake if you want to heal. You can become a Scholar at level 30, and the MND will help you then. Scholars are real healers.

There seem to be more Summoners than Scholars on my server. I don't feel there are really that many more Arcanists (Summoner/Scholar) than any other class (job).

Ferrio

Banned
I absolutely agree. Also, speaking of Materia, who's bright idea was it to only allow crafters of the gear type to be able to socket the stuff?

My friends and I used to joke about how WoW could be worse and I kid you not, this is the shit we used to joke about:

"Haha, hey man, what if a max level Leatherworker was the only guy that could socket gems into your high end Leather gear? You'd have to like, run around town and ask people or something. Wouldn't that suck, lol, no game would ever do that..."

D:

Again I love the idea. MMOs should make you rely on other people. I hate when crafting in MMOs is all self contained, and you don't have to look to anyone for any help.

Again I love the idea. MMOs should make you rely on other people. I hate when crafting in MMOs is all self contained, and you don't have to look to anyone for any help.

I like that XIV offers you the choice, which is something XI never really did. "you can either level yourself in EVERYTHING and do it yourself, or get help and buy or trade services from others."

Ferrio

Banned
I like that XIV offers you the choice, which is something XI never really did. "you can either level yourself in EVERYTHING and do it yourself, or get help and buy or trade services from others."

Yep the option is there, but you have to be dedicated.

daveo42

Banned
Going to try the benchmark but I have a feeling my laptop cant handle it, might pick up the ps3 version. I presume the account is interchangeable?

My 2 year-old laptop can run it ok on standard settings, but it dips below 30fps quite often. Depending on the amount of ram and video card in it, you might be able to run it better. I primarily play on my desktop anyway, but it's good for when I'm not home.

Kenai

Yea it made me pretty sad when I realized I was "stuck" as DPS when i rolled ACN, but I knew my SCH was coming so I stuck with it and now it's just fine. Being in GAF or other big FCs helps too since if properly begged (lol) people like me can even go into the lower lvl dungeon queues as SCH or whatever else for people stuck waiting. I think ACN/SMN/SCH is reflecting what is to come regarding class to job flexibility when/if SE gets the chance, but since ACN is a special snowflake in that regard right now I don't think they bothered to implement the full "role check option" system yet since no other class is designed to use it. I just hope they do by the time new jobs/roles come out. There's a lot of classes they could introduce to fill in these gaps.

ACN does have it's own issues though. I have had to start putting points into MND as ACN now that I am doing SCH but if i had before my DPS would have suffered greatly from losing 10+ points of INT at that level, and the only way to reassign skill points right now is spending 10k GC seals plus the seals required to get to the rank needed for purchase. So SCH healing is technically kinda ghetto and a lot of ARC will be like 15/INT/15MND vs every other class having 30 in one stat.

It wouldn't really work since there's only 4 people and even at the early stages a healer is needed. i was able to heal my way through the first dungeon as ACN while we waited on another healer with just Psysick, but I've been healing in MMOs for 10+ years and didn't really get in much DPS time while we were waiting.

If that ever did become a trending problem I'm sure SE would have the votekick option to correct it anyway. :p

I dunno, running around town checking everybody's request tab to see if they got the skill to socket something into my Goldsmith dagger doesn't necessarily facilitate any kind of longstanding community development for me :p

Besides, reliance can be and is handled in many ways in FFXIV - the whole materia thing needs to just be as simple as plug in and use.

Tarazet

So it looks like as a WAR, I can equip only GLD and PUG cross-class abilities. At 50, you get 5 (I think?), so I'm pretty sure this is going to be the best "build":

PUG: Featherfoot (requires 4), Second Wind (requires 8), Internal Release (requires 12)
GLD: Flash (requires 8), Provoke (requires 22)

I see Internal Release as more useful than http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Convalescence generally because of its higher uptime and synching with Bloodbath, but I can see situational use for Convalescence too.

frequency

D:

I agree with you. This system I feel is worse long term for new players too. As the existing player base gets richer and richer, the market prices will get higher and higher. New players 2 years into FFXIV:ARR's life are going to have a really tough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom