• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

Any WARs on here doing high level dungeons and whatnot yet?
Its going to be a while before I get there but Im wondering if it can be done in full AF until I can get to some better gear. I still have to dig around and see what gear I can get with materia slots in it as that might edge out AF but, in the meantime, will I be fine doing higher level stuff in it?

Eyothrie

So I just earned airship travel and can now travel between the three cities. However, I'm a bit overwhelmed now and don't really understand what I should be focusing on now. Should I continue to do the main story quests? My main city is Ul'dah and I'm pretty familiar with that city and it's surrounding areas now. My problem is that I'm a lvl 20 THM, and in these two new cities, I have no idea where to go to find quests that fit my level. Is it just a matter of roaming around aimlessly to find my level equivalent areas within these two new cities? Any help would be appreciated!

Meia

My only complaints with the game at my current juncture remain:

1.) Targeting is so iffy. There's a lot to toy with, so I'm trying to fix it, but I'm struggling.

2.) You wanna do this quest, bro? DROP YOUR GROUP.

Was so excited to get my chocobo to fight with me(bought 99 Greens first thing), and then ran into that. Just....wow. :(

Kenai

Looking at the chart, it also gives you access to Cleric Stance. That actually leads me to a question. On levelup if you were playing a ACN with the intent of being a SCH healer, what do I put points in? INT knowing I get Cleric Stance?

The funny thing about Cleric Stance is that while it does switch your INT and MND it also increases your damage done by 10% and lowers your healing done by 20% which would almost certainly cancel out any healing benefits gained from the INT/MND switch as SCH. I would love if they had some kind of SCH passive to negate the negative impact so we didn't have to do 15/INT/15MND, but since it is not even a baseline skill for them I find it unlikely. I think the skill is meant to help CNJ (and SCH I guess) have a little more dmg available while soloing.

Ah, but if you want access to SCH, you have to level a CNJ anyway, and you'll get those abilities before you have to switch back. It's kind of weird seeing how they compare on a cross skill basis. It's almost like SCH need the system just to function or get similar abilities, while WHM kind of gets nothing, but maybe because they have all they need already?

I think it was done better for the jobs who have a lot more powerful skills but more restrictions rather than the classes who are more well rounded for soloing and small groups. As ACN my choices were a lot less interesting, Aero and Thunder for moar dots I guess? SCH is also coming from a DPS centric class to a healing class, maybe if CNJ had a role change in a similarly drastic fashion (like Geomancer or something) more options would suddenly become more appealing.

I think they need to find a good place in between the "standard" kits of the other classes while allowing them to have more flavorful choices like ACN < SCH.

Heysoos

So I just earned airship travel and can now travel between the three cities. However, I'm a bit overwhelmed now and don't really understand what I should be focusing on now. Should I continue to do the main story quests? My main city is Ul'dah and I'm pretty familiar with that city and it's surrounding areas now. My problem is that I'm a lvl 20 THM, and in these two new cities, I have no idea where to go to find quests that fit my level. Is it just a matter of roaming around aimlessly to find my level equivalent areas within these two new cities? Any help would be appreciated!

Nope, don't go around the new cities looking for quests, it's a wasted effort. Keep doing your class quests, you'll get taken to areas with quests properly fit for your level. Don't worry about picking up quests from the actual main cities though.

Tash

I had the same problem and was confused but following the main quest line automatically opened up the proper quest areas and dungeons. It also leads you to the areas with fates for your level

Eyothrie

Nope, don't go around the new cities looking for quests, it's a wasted effort. Keep doing your class quests, you'll get taken to areas with quests properly fit for your level. Don't worry about picking up quests from the actual main cities though.

I had the same problem and was confused but following the main quest line automatically opened up the proper quest areas and dungeons. It also leads you to the areas with fates for your level

Thanks! Definitely a relief

Tash

Story quests not class quests ;) but the later are good to keep up as well. Every 5 level you get a new one.
I actively avoided picking up random quests in cities since I want them to level up my other classes.

Emitan

I unlocked Hauke Manor but I'm still a level 29 Arcanist. Any advice on where to level to hit 30 so I can do it as a Scholar?

I would keep doing the main story quest as much as possible as it will open up dungeons for you to grind in. Also, I don't know how to bring it up maybe in options menu, but there is a prompt that will come up and actually tell you which quests/dungeons/FATEs are available and level appropriate for you to do.

I unlocked Hauke Manor but I'm still a level 29 Arcanist. Any advice on where to level to hit 30 so I can do it as a Scholar?

Oh man, FATE it up in a Lv.25 area. Get in a party if possible. I gained like 3 levels in one hour last night doing this. It's broken!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I seriously feel conj and whm need some work over. We don't really have anything super unique or class defining like the other classes..and mana is much more an issue then with arcanist types.

And while I love playing them I would be lying if I said they are as versatile and fun to play like the other classes.
You get a mana regen/threat whipe move built into one.

You get to chain your heals together in proc'd combos which makes your bigger heals free or guaranteed crits

Your stoneskin is WAY better than a subbed stoneskin

Divine seal pumps up your healing by 30% for 15s every 60 seconds

You get a full life instant heal on a target every 5 minutes*boss attempt* as an ultimate oh shit button when it comes to healing.

You get a instant cast heal over time you can toss on party members that eat a random hit or to toss on the tank to pad it a bit before healing the party

You get sleep

You get a vastly better protect

Tash

I would keep doing the main story quest as much as possible as it will open up dungeons for you to grind in. Also, I don't know how to bring it up maybe in options menu, but there is a prompt that will come up and actually tell you which quests/dungeons/FATEs are available and level appropriate for you to do.

Oh man, FATE it up in a Lv.25 area. Get in a party if possible. I gained like 3 levels in one hour last night doing this. It's broken!

It's labelled duties (not the duty finder). You can even set it to automatically pop up upon entering/changing zones. It also includes hunting log tips for the zones.

Tash

You get a mana regen/threat whipe move built into one.

You get to chain your heals together in proc'd combos which makes your bigger heals free or guaranteed crits

Your stoneskin is WAY better than a subbed stoneskin

Divine seal pumps up your healing by 30% for 15s every 60 seconds

You get a full life instant heal on a target every 5 minutes*boss attempt* as an ultimate oh shit button when it comes to healing.

You get a instant cast heal over time you can toss on party members that eat a random hit or to toss on the tank to pad it a bit before healing the party

Except that stone skin is horribly situational and based on the targets hp which doesn't make a lot of sense especially with the long cat time and recast. Also all those traits are rng and I can't properly plan them. What good are those if they trigger when nothing is going to happen and won't if I actually need them? Way too much chance.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Except that stone skin is horribly situational and based oh the targets go which doesn't make a lot of sense especially with the long cat time and recast. Also all those traits are rng and I can't properly plan them. What good are those if they trigger when nothing is going to happen and won't if I actually need them? Way too much chance.
Then save them in case you need them in the next 12 seconds? You act like SCH has huge ass burst healing potential.
They don't

Ravidrath

OK, I installed my PS3 version and did a quick trophy test.

In short, you don't need to do everything on the PS3 version, but you need to do something.

So, for example, I went out and killed an enemy. A short time later, my "To Crush Your Enemy" trophy popped. As I had broken 50,000 kills in 1.0, immediately afterwards my "To Crush 10,000 Enemies" trophy popped.

So basically you need to do something related to one of the trophies to make the game check you in-game achievements, and anything related to that category should pop.

So if you're playing both versions and want your trophies, just do your 1000 things or whatever on PC first, then do one more on PS3 and you'll get both.

Erekiddo

Okay guys, I'm officially at a loss for what to do.

I tried to log in today, and it asked me for my registration code again. I put it in, and when logging in, it's prompting me with this:

acct_zps07d92908.png

Choosing 1 gives me an error, saying no platform has been registered. Choosing two brings me to a character creation screen.

I logged into the Mog account tool thing, and see this for each.

My account with my character, which says inactive.

My new account, characterless.

I've tried to hit cancel subscription on the new account and then apply it to the old one, but it still says the code has been used. I'm utterly frustrated. Any ideas?

Tash

Then save them in case you need them in the next 12 seconds? You act like SCH has huge ass burst healing potential.
They don't

Where did I say that? You are the only one who brought that up just now. ;)

I said whm are more boring in play style and felt dull mechanics wise.

It's pretty clear that sch are MA/ group healers while whm seem to be more MT heal focused.

I feel that WHM does need some better synergy and less RNG to make it more "active" to play.

Kenai

Except that stone skin is horribly situational and based on the targets hp which doesn't make a lot of sense especially with the long cat time and recast. Also all those traits are rng and I can't properly plan them. What good are those if they trigger when nothing is going to happen and won't if I actually need them? Way too much chance.

They seem too powerful to be anything but a chance. I dislike "procs" a lot of times as well while healing but you can also look at it as receiving random but probable bonuses that are good during battle rather than procs you need. Trust me, I like SCH a lot but the WHM kit has some very envious things. I'd love to be able to CC mobs better or to remove debuffs before 40.

Baleoce

I'm a Sea Wolf Roe with naturally high STR/VIT. Should I still split my Marauder attribute points to STR/VIT, or should I just pack it all into STR?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Where did I say that? You are the only one who brought that up just now. ;)

I said whm are more boring in play style and felt dull mechanics wise.

It's pretty clear that sch are MA/ group healers while whm seem to be more MT heal focused.

Not every class needs to have crazy mechanics. Some people like the more basic classes that can still do their job, so those need to exist.

In this case that's what WHM and PLD are and BLM for the most part

frequency

I tried to log in today, and it asked me for my registration code again. I put it in, and when logging in, it's prompting me with this:

Choosing 1 gives me an error, saying no platform has been registered. Choosing two brings me to a character creation screen.

I've tried to hit cancel subscription on the new account and then apply it to the old one, but it still says the code has been used. I'm utterly frustrated. Any ideas?

Unfortunately, you applied your registration code to a new service account instead of your existing one. You must now attempt to contact Square Enix to fix it. LOTS of people have done this by mistake too because Square Enix has a terrible and confusing interface/process.

Also unfortunately, Square Enix will take forever to fix it if you can even get through to their support.

Tash

They seem too powerful to be anything but a chance. I dislike "procs" a lot of times as well while healing but you can also look at it as receiving random but probable bonuses that are good during battle rather than procs you need. Trust me, I like SCH a lot but the WHM kit has some very envious things. I'd love to be able to CC mobs better or to remove debuffs before 40.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I don't want the traits as actual skills but I feel that it needs some rework to feel as "whole" as the other classes. I don't mean more powerful either. Just more synergy.

Instead of applying your game code to your current account you mistakenly created a new one and applied it to that.
Go here https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1&daxx=2

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong. I don't want the traits as actual skills but I feel that it needs some rework to feel as "whole" as the other classes. I don't mean more powerful either. Just more synergy.
So you want to nerf the class because you currently find it boring? Have you thought of maybe just playing a different class? Give SCH a run if you want more pressure while healing

Tarazet

I'm a Sea Wolf Roe with naturally high STR/VIT. Should I still split my Marauder attribute points to STR/VIT, or should I just pack it all into STR?

The racial point spread is only a few points' difference and shouldn't influence your decision. VIT is a comfort stat and how much you need depends on how much you trust your skill and your healers' ability. STR is very strong for the boost in self-healing, as well as some damage reduction via increased parry potency.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I really wish that afk people would log out... or get kicked off.

Baleoce

The racial point spread is only a few points' difference and shouldn't influence your decision. VIT is a comfort stat and how much you need depends on how much you trust your skill and your healers' ability. STR is very strong for the boost in self-healing, as well as some damage reduction via increased parry potency.

STR it is. Cheers.

LegendX48

Any Gladiators here? doing the lvl 25 quest for the gladiator guild and I have no idea which dialogue option I should choose or if it makes much of a difference.

Tash

So you want to nerf the class because you currently find it boring? Have you thought of maybe just playing a different class? Give SCH a run if you want more pressure while healing

Huh? Wtf are you talking about? I didn't say it's too powerful right now nor did I say it's better or worse then SCH. I simply said I feel that WHM would profit from another look at the synergy between skills and traits and that some skills don't make a lot of sense when it comes to cast time and mechanics.

I enjoy playing mine and this is not a whine nor a rant. Simply stating some thoughts..

Compared to most other classes it feels like it's lacking that special mechanic feel and uniqueness. Again just an observation/ opinion.

Ken

Hm, leveling CONJs, during solo play are you guys using Stone I at all after getting Stone II? I don't know if I should use both since II lacks the heavy but for trash that doesn't seem too big a deal.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Final Fantasy is now a point-and-click adventure game. Click "Start". Click "Final Fatnasy XIV 1". Click on character. Click on "OK".

This World is currently full. Please wait until an opening is avaible and try again.

Click "OK".

Rinse, repeat.

Tash

Hm, leveling CONJs, during solo play are you guys using Stone I at all after getting Stone II? I don't know if I should use both since II lacks the heavy but for trash that doesn't seem too big a deal.

Nah, only using Stone I when I get downleveled.

I had it in the back of my head to keep adds away for a while but so far it wasn't a problem to just tank them if the assists or tanks suck at peeling

gatti-man

Another 2+ hours wasted, Wonderful. Like what the fuck is the point of even making me wait in a queue if your shitty fucking support doesn't work. At this point, with this quality of support, I'm thinking of cutting my losses and going for a refund. I'm not going to be fighting this.

No way. I will lvl up with you if you get left behind when I transfer in.

Estival

Are there any requirements to joining the GAF Free Company on Sargatanas? I'm Jeremy Mars on there, and I don't quite understand the entire point of them yet. I've gotten a few random invites to other ones while walking around and I just decline them. Why are people just throwing around random invites?

daveo42

Banned

I've stopped using Stone only because Stone II does more damage and you don't get any other offensive magic till 45 as a WHM.

Heysoos

That's the link I needed. I had opened a generic ticket, but that one is exactly the issue.

Thank you.

Welcome to the growing club! Don't bother contacting SE support, it's useless. If you try by phone you'll either get a busy tone or you'll wait for 4+ hours on queue. If you try by chat you'll spend 2+ hours in a queue, just for the chat to tell you there's no agents to talk to you. Enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom