• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaoni

Banned
Huh, that's pretty cool. So, is there a GAF guild in general?

There's a free company and there's linkshells. Linkshells are a chatroom you're a part of with a 128 user limit and free company is like a guild with a 500~ user limit (personally not sure if grand company has a chat or whatever).

NeoGAF Official Servers

Ultros (NA) - Fresh Start
Linkshell: Gather Against Fate
Free Company: Gather Against Fate
Leaders: androidcandy (Strawberry Shortcake), Capell (Capell Percipere), Paprikka (Safflower Amariyo), ROBOKITTYZILLA (Maple Cookie), theta11 (Xarielle Randgris)
Guild Website: http://neogaf.guildwork.com/

Sargatanas (NA) - Legacy
Linkshell: NeoBelieve
Free Company: Red Dot
Leaders: kiryogi (Eithne Rain), Ravidrath (Ravidrath Astolph), Omlet (Mishaela Aveeli), and a non-Gaffer (Mac Aroni)
Guild Website: http://reddot.guildwork.com/

Ragnarok (EU) - Legacy
Linkshell: Warriors of Chaos
Leader: Khrno (Khrno Abaddon), ebil (Ebil Elebil)
Guild Website: n/a

Durandal (JP) - Legacy
Linkshell: Nocturne
Leader: jijidasu (Aki Rouscelia)
Guild Website:: http://nocturne.guildwork.com/

What's this Error 3 junk when I try and register...

Try this
If you receive an error, try the following:

- Click on your name at the top of the page and open your profile settings in separate tab or window.
- If your region is indicated incorrectly (e.g. EU instead of NA), update the region to the correct location.
- Reload the code entry form and try again.

Shouta

Ugh, we have to migrate our old SE accounts and it's not recognizing my stuff password even though I can log into the old account management site...

dino1980

Damn damn damn...

Got this message now when I tried to register my 18-code that I got from GMG.

"Error 2: The code entered has already been used."

I tried to register my code yesterday but only got error 2 then also. Where and how do you guys see that the code is actually registrered? Many thanks for the one who helps me.

antitrop

Ugh, we have to migrate our old SE accounts and it's not recognizing my stuff password even though I can log into the old account management site...
I went through quite a bit of hell tonight to try and pre-order this fucking game.

Their account management is an absolute nightmare. It's incomprehensibly awful.

It's worse than you think. For some reason one of the games I bought from a Steam sale assigned me an EU region, so without realizing it I created two Square-Enix Members accounts, my original NA account which has FFXIV 1.0 registered and the EU account which had nothing. It made me merge my old NA account but for some fucktarded reason they use the EU database as the baseline and copy the NA information over. So now my merged account has no games registered to it. I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do now, browsing the Technical Support forums reveals many other people who have had their registered games wiped out during this merge and no solution.

As expected of Squenix, they are attempting this clusterfuck of an account system merge while trying to run a clusterfuck of an early access and pre-order system where you have to redeem code to redeem a code (Codeception) while trying to launch a clusterfuck of an MMO where there are servers for old players and servers for new players.

The game itself is amazing, but Jesus Fucking Christ, how can Squenix fuck this up even more? I shudder to imagine the possibilities.

antitrop

I also accidentally have two Square Enix accounts, but I just don't give a fuck because Square Enix doesn't deserve me to give a fuck.

WolvenOne

I think Square NA, really needs to fire whomever is in charge of their online infrastructure in North America.

Actually, that brings up a good question. Any word whether there have been similar troubles in Japan?

akaoni

Banned
I went through quite a bit of hell tonight to try and pre-order this fucking game.

Their account management is an absolute nightmare. It's incomprehensibly awful.

Think of the account management as part of the game, or a game in itself.

I remember when I attempted to play XI, couldn't figure it out. As for XIV, you get used to it, you end up learning the system at least somewhat.

Akuosa

is it just me or the monk's af2 doesn't look any different at all?
It's a different shade of yellow. You can't really tell in that screenshot due to the lightning, but there was a better one some time ago. It's... dunno, more neon-ish.
That seems to be the main difference in those AFs, really, slightly more "vibrant" colours, the paladin being the most obvious one by a mile with a more radical recolour.

dino1980

Damn damn damn...

Got this message now when I tried to register my 18-code that I got from GMG.

"Error 2: The code entered has already been used."

I tried to register my code yesterday but only got error 2 then also. Where and how do you guys see that the code is actually registrered? Many thanks for the one who helps me.

Anyone?

I think Square NA, really needs to fire whomever is in charge of their online infrastructure in North America.

Actually, that brings up a good question. Any word whether there have been similar troubles in Japan?

It's more likely that suits at SE Japan are dictating the worldwide structure. They tend to actively oppose what people who are more familiar with the Internet would consider streamlined processes in favor of those that they feel would give them more control.

chrono01

I also accidentally have two Square Enix accounts, but I just don't give a fuck because Square Enix doesn't deserve me to give a fuck.
I have two Square Enix accounts too.

I found it odd that, while registering my 18-digit code, that my initial membership account wouldn't work so I logged in using my other membership account that uses the same information as my account ID [the one I used to play the Beta]. That worked, however [in some manner] I now have Final Fantasy XIV registered to both of my membership accounts [despite only entering it on one]. I'm not sure if this is due to a merge or whatever [I didn't get prompted]. Also, for some reason, it keeps trying to log me into the EU region in my membership settings despite having my location set to Canada as well as my language to English(US).

Having two sites involved to register for a single thing is bad planning. I don't want to have to go to a site, enter login information, enter a code, get another code in-return, log into another separate account, and enter the second code only to be re-directed to a "Success!" screen without any further way to see for sure if it was applied correctly. What makes it even more confusing is that the "Beta" wasn't listed under my account when I registered my second set of codes, despite participating in Beta 2-4. I only had "Windows(R)" mentioned, in addition to the pre-order items. ~_~

This is really just one massive headache.

dino1980

Well, log into Square Enix's north american or European site, then click on your profile.

Ok so its just there, some guys showed a picture before with black background and different fonts.

Well its not showing up there in my account. Hate this... why shall it be so complicated.

Hopefully the upcoming Mog Station mends a lot of their backward methods.

Are there already prefered classes in dungeons ?
Notbthat i pick a class that nobody want and need to solo the whole game.

I don't think this game is going to be like FFXI where it's gonna be so much "optimal PT for exp" and min/maxing. It's one of the things that really turned me off about the game, though I was a star whenever we were hunting bones. (Monk)

But that's why you play with friends or GAF anyway. We won't leave you out in the cold. <3

Hooray for me and my static party of friends!

Shouta

Well, I submitted a support ticket and hopefully should be answered tomorrow. I need them to confirm that my account was migrated correctly but I try and register any codes.

jiggle

should i be worried that my FFXIV service from 1.0 is no longer visible under Account Management?
all i see are 1.0 beta + ffxi

edit: i've done no account merging either?
all i've done since phase 3 was entering PS3 early access

antitrop

I have two Square Enix accounts too.

I found it odd that, while registering my 18-digit code, that my initial membership account wouldn't work so I logged in using my other membership account that uses the same information as my account ID [the one I used to play the Beta]. That worked, however [in some manner] I now have Final Fantasy XIV registered to both of my membership accounts [despite only entering it on one]. I'm not sure if this is due to a merge or whatever [I didn't get prompted]. Also, for some reason, it keeps trying to log me into the EU region in my membership settings despite having my location set to Canada as well as my language to English(US).

Having two sites involved to register for a single thing is bad planning. I don't want to have to go to a site, enter login information, enter a code, get another code in-return, log into another separate account, and enter the second code only to be re-directed to a "Success!" screen without any further way to see for sure if it was applied correctly. What makes it even more confusing is that the "Beta" wasn't listed under my account when I registered my second set of codes, despite participating in Beta 2-4. I only had "Windows(R)" mentioned, in addition to the pre-order items. ~_~

This is really just one massive headache.
My second account has Final Fantasy VII (PC) (2012 DD), Final Fantasy VII (PC) (2013 Steam), and Final Fantasy XIV.

My first account has like... everything.

It's pretty frustrating, if it mattered for anything.

Noi

Really? I can just cancel this download then?

What client are you downloading? If you already had the phase 4 client on your download list, then adding the Early Access code should have just added that to your service list without adding anything to your Download List, or at least that's how it worked for me. The Phase 4 client is the same one as retail.

Edit: My SE account should have stuff like FFXIII, Dissidia, Kingdom Hearts, etc tied to it, but it looks like it all got purged in the latest move. GG, SE.

Well, I submitted a support ticket and hopefully should be answered tomorrow. I need them to confirm that my account was migrated correctly but I try and register any codes.

I think the only way to know now if you were migrated correctly is if you put the code in and get a result out.

For people who are getting Code 3, do you just keep spamming your way past it or what do you do exactly?

Ferrio

Banned
Is there a sure fire way to tell if you're code went through correctly? Nothing on my accounts changed at all when I redeemed the final code.

chrono01

Is there a sure fire way to tell if you're code went through correctly? Nothing on my accounts changed at all when I redeemed the final code.
Nope, it's frustrating. :(

Sure, you could try re-entering your second code again and seeing if you get an error that states the code has already been used, but I'm hesitant to do anything further. I don't want to take the risk to mess things up further.

I used to think Nintendo was the worst, but these days I think Squenix is actually the worst game publisher in terms of not knowing what the hell the Internet is or how to make things work on it.

rockx4

I used to think Nintendo was the worst, but these days I think Squenix is actually the worst game publisher in terms of not knowing what the hell the Internet is or how to make things work on it.

I think SE has perhaps the worst account management I've ever seen from a publisher.

Noi

As far as I know, the Japanese side has none of these issues. It's literally only the NA branch that seems to love changing how their website works every couple of months.

I think SE has perhaps the worst account management I've ever seen from a publisher.

Bioware vs SE for worst account management award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom