• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

ppl posting screen of all their digital goods from CE etc chose the PC early access right?
choosing PS3 early access only lead me to a page with a PSN client code and no list of goods :<

phierce

ppl posting screen of all their digital goods from CE etc chose the PC early access right?
choosing PS3 early access only lead me to a page with a PSN client code and no list of goods :<

The PS3 code is good for early access and the pre-order items.

Exactly, it's happened to all of us PS3 code guys. My theory is that since you enter the PS3 pre-order code while logged into your FFXIV account, it'll combine the two. I'm hoping for this :/

All the ninja talk is making me sad, Ninja was my favourite in 11, I spent like 3 days unlocking that job. And then never got invited to parties.

Loved it too! I maxed throwing and used it often while grinding xp. My Ninja in ToAU was great in burn parties :) It was how I chose to tank on my taru since I had nearly 200 less HP than other guys.

And Byakko's Haidate! OMG, never forget the night that dropped.

Bangbiscuit

Neo Member
I distinctly remember buying Final Fantasy XI in 2004 and staying up all night playing it the first night and then never playing it again.

Well, fuck, here we go. *pre-orders*

That's the spirit! Seriously though, I have no idea what I'm really getting into. My buddy talked me into pre-ordering and I managed to play around with the beta a bit. Never really got into WoW but I seem to like this much more so far. Excited for the early access this weekend.

jiggle

oh fuck
under registered games
only showing ARR EA and no mention of my 1.0 D:<

Exactly, it's happened to all of us PS3 code guys. My theory is that since you enter the PS3 pre-order code while logged into your FFXIV account, it'll combine the two. I'm hoping for this :/
you would think
in 1.0
my asuran band entered into xiv beta service(by accident) was walled off from the retail service version of the game
even when both are under the same account

antitrop

Question, when you're installing the client do you choose "C:\Program Files (x86)" as it is by default, or should I make it something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Final Fantasy XIV"?

Yeah nothing was more satisfying as getting your ninja illusions perfectly consistently and having people literally internet suck you off. Was great haha

TheGrue

Oh god....I want this game out right now! I'm going through withdrawals and I only got to play it in open beta. Haven't been excited about an MMO in so long.

kiryogi

Banned
Fun reading for new players!

http://gamerescape.com/2013/08/21/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-white-raven/#more-26592

Absolutely recommended reading for those that didn't play 1.x

From the localization lead himself!

intro.png

phierce

So, quick question about Grand Companies. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to choosing one over the other two, or are they all pretty much the same just with different quest lines?

Elrina

Neo Member
I still can't get my code to go through. x_x

Trying all day, for like half an hour at a time (including the last half hour) and just error 3 every time. Tried different browsers, clearing cache, reloading the page and re-entering the code.

Trying to decide at what point I should just stop and contact customer support. Seems like everybody else is getting theirs to go through now and I'm starting to get frustrated ._.

Ryan2EZ

Neo Member
I got all my early access and pre-order stuff set up.

I ordered it from GMG and they said they'll send out CE codes closer to the actual release. Hopefully that's before Early Access

Teknoman

After seeing the one they're using in Japan, this is completely unacceptable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_PZ7Rdy0s

This is perfect. I don't understand why "Real people" and "Hotdog elf talking" was proposed as a good idea. God.

Its especially crazy since EVERY S-E game since the PS1 era to now (except for one of the XI commercials) was actually pretty good and used CG + in game footage.

Well except the Leona Lewis XIII commercial.

Anyway, can someone link Titan's battle theme?

Nirran

Trying all day, for like half an hour at a time (including the last half hour) and just error 3 every time. Tried different browsers, clearing cache, reloading the page and re-entering the code.

Trying to decide at what point I should just stop and contact customer support. Seems like everybody else is getting theirs to go through now and I'm starting to get frustrated ._.

Go to the top right and click on your name. Go to my settings and make sure your region is correct there.

VandalD

I'm watching this game, but only because it's Final Fantasy. Maybe someday I'll jump in. I made I mistake buying FF11. It just wasn't for me. Hope everyone here enjoys the game!
My man :)

Hey be sure to watch this commercial for the game to get pumped for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmcnGxPV50k

I just watched it again, ugh so gross.
Would have been hilarious if it showed half of the guys turning into females.

Very nice story write up! Thanks :)

After seeing the one they're using in Japan, this is completely unacceptable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_PZ7Rdy0s

This is perfect. I don't understand why "Real people" and "Hotdog elf talking" was proposed as a good idea. God.

I know right, I know :p

Maybe it has viral potential or something?

Pollux

I mean this in the best possible way - yes, it feels like Vanilla WoW, but instead of griffin flight paths, you just teleport to any crystal hub you've visited and dungeon finder (not in Vanilla) unlocks after a main story quest around Lv15 (about 3 hours in).

It's pretty damn good.

Yes, you will. Probably.

It's 30$ and a 10$ sub.

I do and do. Combat's similar, if a little slower. It's got a dungeon finder system(which many mmos hav e been missing on launch) and the crafting jobs are a ton of fun. For hte PC it's 30 dollars for the standard edition and the same wow subcriptions prices.

Is that $30 for the PS3 version also? How's the exploration compared to WoW? (WoW is the only other MMO I've played, so I really have nothing to compare it to...this isn't me thinking WoW is the GOAT or anything haha)

Since my computer can't properly display the OP...is there a class equivalent to hunters in WoW? Are there pets?

you just have to keep trying. i just casually clicked on the button while doing other stuff and it randomly happened. there is no trick.....i think.

androidcandy

Neo Member
So, quick question about Grand Companies. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to choosing one over the other two, or are they all pretty much the same just with different quest lines?

Their pretty much the same, like you said they just have different quest lines, different leaders, ect. Nothing major though.

Its especially crazy since EVERY S-E game since the PS1 era to now (except for one of the XI commercials) was actually pretty good and used CG + in game footage.

Why wouldn't you just redub the Japanese one? I just don't understand. That 30 second ad shows EXACTLY what the game is about. You roll a PC, and then the world is yours in any way you choose. If I were on the fence and I saw that ad, I'd be preordering immediately.

Just another boneheaded decision that needs to be mocked.

Also, yes, most SE ads were just amazing, especially back in the day.

Yusaku

So are US people with EU codes just sitting tight until Square does something to fix it? I've gotten two emails with the EU code, and re-entering the code from GMG just gives me the same EU code back. Went through my settings to make sure Language and all that was set to US-en with no luck.

Is that $30 for the PS3 version also? How's the exploration compared to WoW? (WoW is the only other MMO I've played, so I really have nothing to compare it to...this isn't me thinking WoW is the GOAT or anything haha)

Since my computer can't properly display the OP...is there a class equivalent to hunters in WoW? Are there pets?

The exploration is pretty good and there are a lot of interesting things to see and FATEs to fight in. I think that the environments are more lively since your character can level up all of the classes.

Archer & Bard (strange, I know) are the Hunter classes in this game. Ranged DPS and party buffs.

The pet classes are Arcanist & Summoner. I don't know much about them :/

Qvoth

Funny enough, the 3 links I knew of has been taken down. I don't wanna make any assumptions but it looks like SE had them taken down? (lol)

But here's an alternate someone posted on reddit:

is it just me or the monk's af2 doesn't look any different at all?

Elrina

Neo Member
Go to the top right and click on your name. Go to my settings and make sure your region is correct there.

Holy crap x_x The region had said it was right in the upper right, and when I went into settings it was set to the US, but the language was English UK or something. I changed that to US too, and put my name in, and when I went back it went through the first time.

I don't know if it's just dumb luck or if it was really broken because of that, but thanks for the tip, that was getting so frustrating. x_x

edotlee

Ninja tank was awesome. Survived every attempt from SE nerf it it to hell and back. I'm curious though, what was the intended role for NIN in FFXI? Certain not damage dealer... those ninja spells were not too good for damage dealing either.

Debuffer and/or becoming a damage dealer by throwing gil at it. Never met anyone rich enough in-game to happily throw shurikens though.

Ninja tank was all I ever knew. I remember the first time I timed all my Utsusemi Ichis just right, a japanese WHM was all like good tank! I was like, alright. Now that I think back on it, screw that guy. Healer getting a free ride.

NIN tank + SMN healer parties were awesome. Probably had some of my best exp PTs in that set up.

Holy crap x_x The region had said it was right in the upper right, and when I went into settings it was set to the US, but the language was English UK or something. I changed that to US too, and put my name in, and when I went back it went through the first time.

I don't know if it's just dumb luck or if it was really broken because of that, but thanks for the tip, that was getting so frustrating. x_x

This is exactly what did it for me. Went off without a hitch in less than three minutes before I went to work.

Pollux

The exploration is pretty good and there are a lot of interesting things to see and FATEs to fight in. I think that the environments are more lively since your character can level up all of the classes.

Archer & Bard (strange, I know) are the Hunter classes in this game. Ranged DPS and party buffs.

The pet classes are Arcanist & Summoner. I don't know much about them :/

Gotcha...will there be a GAF guild for the PS3?

Will I need a headset for this?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Gotcha...will there be a GAF guild for the PS3?

Will I need a headset for this?

PS3 guild? This is a Square MMO. No system barriers. No one will know you play on PS3 until a few years down the road when PC players get a windower program with a superior macro system.

PS3 guild? This is a Square MMO. No system barriers. No one will know you play on PS3 until a few years down the road when PC players get a windower program with a superior macro system.

ARR doesn't need a Windower program, the game client supports Fullscreen Windowed mode out of the box.

Varna

What's the busiest job currently?

I loved RDM so much. Managing debuffs, keeping casters refreshed, getting a strike and/or magic attack when ever I see an opportunity.

Pachinko

So many bitching about that commercial, the tagline is apt at least - "escape reality, live the fantasy". Just reminds me of the age old south park episode where randy sums up on MMO's can be so popular. "here I am just a lowly geologist but inside this game I am galathor defender of the realm !" or something to that effect.

I'm actually getting kind of interested in buying this after my beta experience last weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom