• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

Login in the middle of the night is probably the only way unless they start kicking AFK players, which I kind of wish they did now. I've always logged out at the end of the play session and they should too because they are holding up spots on the server and have been for some time.

Edit: In a queue right now...let's hope it holds.

Edit 2: Kicked >.<
Bah, bollocks to this. I am going to sleep.

But I will be angry if this keeps up for another two weeks. Because then they might just add a free month to all the people who bought and activated it before their decision to stop sales.

And also ban the AFK server hoggers.

Stoof

I logged in today and it took me to the registration page again even though I registered a few days ago, and when I put in the registration code it says it's invalid. What gives? :/

EDIT: And now it works all of a sudden... Nevermind I guess!

At level 15, the story quest requires you to go into 3 dungeons in a row. They're the first ones you can get into, and you can't get into them until then.

Thanks. I'm 16 and just did the quest that got me airship access, and took a run to get armor dyes. Guess I need to find whoever puts me back on track for the main quests.

Sakura

Having finally had access to the other two cities, I can see that Gridania has the least confusing layout and I'm so glad I started there. Glad I can use airships now at least...now I want to be a White Mage but should I continue leveling CNJ to 30 or just start on the other class and level that to 15?

Keep doing your story quests and level to 30. It's easier to level to 15 on a second class when you already have Chocobo and skills you can bring over.

So close to level 30 I can taste it. Will the game direct me to where I can unlock Scholar or what?
After you get to 30 in main class and 15 in sub-class, talk to main class quest giver and he should give you a quest for the job.

Sakura

I bought it. It just seemed a little bizarre that they'd give early access to anyone who paid $5 for the preorder.

You don't have to pay anything to preorder on sites like Amazon. People do it all the time for preorder bonuses on various games.

How the fuck is this still going on? I got my friend to buy it yesterday and he still hasn't gotten a chance to play the game. I thought they were increasing the capacity of the servers? They haven't fixed anything since early access. :[

They said they'd be increasing capacity early next week I believe.

How the fuck is this still going on? I got my friend to buy it yesterday and he still hasn't gotten a chance to play the game. I thought they were increasing the capacity of the servers? They haven't fixed anything since early access. :[

daveo42

Banned
Some of you must have supreme, god-like patience to sit and try to log in and not be able to do so. I can't handle this. I gotta step away from the keyboard before I begin to fume.

Timeaisis

They are. They're not allowing any more character creation, or very limited until the get more servers up.

If you're late to the party and trying to get on Ultros your gonna have a bad time.

Life's hard, boohoo. Don't complain about not being able to get on anymore.

It's ok, i'll post as much as I like.

So does anyone know exactly why they don't have the afk kick? I think all the MMO's I've played have it so I find it super weird.

Well they also didn't put in a real queue system or even had extra servers on hand for launch like most devs have had in the past MMO launches for the past decade. They literally had to go out and buy more servers and are setting them up. They really did a bad job at planning or really expected a flop.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I agree with you. This system I feel is worse long term for new players too. As the existing player base gets richer and richer, the market prices will get higher and higher. New players 2 years into FFXIV:ARR's life are going to have a really tough time.

The market will regulate itself. It is like Mages TP'ing people in FFXI. People never charged that much because no one would ever pay.

oktarb

Are PC and PS3 accounts separate? Like if I have a character on my PC account will it also be available on my PS3 account as long as I've a) purchased both versions and b) its the same square Enix account?

Jomjom

Banned
Not every class needs to have crazy mechanics. Some people like the more basic classes that can still do their job, so those need to exist.

In this case that's what WHM and PLD are and BLM for the most part

To be fair, this is an MMO, all the classes are pretty basic to play. It's not like this is Street Fighter IV or MvC3.

pixlexic

Banned
Are PC and PS3 accounts separate? Like if I have a character on my PC account will it also be available on my PS3 account as long as I've a) purchased both versions and b) its the same square Enix account?

same worlds same accounts ..
This is the #1 reason why the game is not coming to Xbox consoles. The developers do not want it separated.

You can play with your character on PC and PS3 no problem, all you need to do is register the PS3 version to your account.

oktarb

same worlds same accounts ..
This is the #1 reason why the game is not coming to Xbox consoles. The developers do not want it separated.

Well shit, off to order the PS3 version too. Damn you Double Dipping Gods!

or wait...Can you download it from the PS3 store?

SoulFist

Just got my copy today. Made my dude, but I can't play on Ultros because I guess they aren't accepting new characters. Bummed. I wanted to play with you guys. Do your 30 days start when you register your code or when you first start playing? Don't really want to play on a server other than Ultros.

Edit: I just noticed its trying to put me on a group jp world. I guess all the NA/EU worlds are full. Hmm. I must have missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom