• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomjom

Banned
Damn I was hoping the server congestion would be better today after EA ended. I was hoping a lot of the people playing were the people who preordered and cancelled and then never went and bought the full game.

chrono01

Just got my copy today. Made my dude, but I can't play on Ultros because I guess they aren't accepting new characters. Bummed. I wanted to play with you guys. Do your 30 days start when you register your code or when you first start playing? Don't really want to play on a server other than Ultros.
When you register, I believe.

As for the server being full, you can try refreshing every three minutes and getting lucky. Sometimes it will allow character creation and, if you're fast, can make it in-time. I created mine a few days ago after the "restrictions" were in-place, so just because they're supposedly closed, it seems like they do re-open from time-to-time.

Tarazet

Well they also didn't put in a real queue system or even had extra servers on hand for launch like most devs have had in the past MMO launches for the past decade. They literally had to go out and buy more servers and are setting them up. They really did a bad job at planning or really expected a flop.

I'm not sure why they would have expected a flop. Final Fantasy is the biggest JRPG franchise in the West and always has been, but they just kept giving us more and more DQ.. which is great, but that was never going to pull the kind of numbers that a quality FF title does.

Dragon head is great for fates, but the issue is that there's so many people and so much going on that when I get to the spot the monsters don't show up sometimes until the very end and I get nothing. Really dissapointing.

SoulFist

When you register, I believe.

As for the server being full, you can try refreshing every three minutes and getting lucky. Sometimes it will allow character creation and, if you're fast, can make it in-time. I created mine a few days ago after the "restrictions" were in-place, so just because they're supposedly closed, it seems like they do re-open from time-to-time.

Oh awesome. Ill keep trying. Thanks man. :)

Edit: Wow. Just refreshed and made it in to Ultros. Woo!

Kenai

Err...since I am bored and can't log in, i was trying to find the SSs I took over the last few days, but...where does the game send them? I feel horribly stupid. I have just been using the PrtScr button and been hearing audible clicks in game.

i wanted to show some WoW guildies (old FFXI players) my best buddy Hugelikwalrus Loldrg.

frequency

The market will regulate itself. It is like Mages TP'ing people in FFXI. People never charged that much because no one would ever pay.

You have to consider inflation. There is an infinite amount of gil and unless they have huge gil sinks and people will eventually build up fortunes. So maybe 20,000 gil would not be so big for a person who has amassed 2 years worth. But a new player? 20,000 gil is an insane amount.

The market will regulate itself indeed. If the majority of people in the market have excess currency to spend, prices become inflated. You see this in every MMO market.

I would say consider the prices of highly valued items in FFXI now compared to launch time for a better comparison than Teleport costs, which are regulated by other methods of travel.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Got In

Go Go!

Took 15 minutes of 1017

They really should have a 30 minute AFK boot off for 1st month

I saw so many people AFK, some not even in Sanctuary/Inn so wasted XP rest

>_<

inter

I'm sure this has been discussed like crazy, but what are people doing to counteract the login issues? I'm going on 3 days of error 1017 when I've tried to login.

chrono01

Oh awesome. Ill keep trying. Thanks man. :)
You're very welcome!

I know refreshing every three minutes can be a monotonous process, it took me around 40 minutes or so before I managed to create mine. Music helps, if just to keep your mind busy. You could always create a character on another realm and transfer to Ultros later in September when they allow it, but then we don't know if things will be better at that time either.

I wish you luck either way!

pixlexic

Banned
I wish people would stop saying they need a afk kicker. Ff11 never bad one and people set up shop around cities just fine with no problems.

what they need is a real que system and cut back the number of players to a server.

qq more

Took a lot of breaks during today's session.

I'm LV17 now!

Time to take an actual break for the rest of the day.

Oh look, a new quest!

Tarazet

You have to consider inflation. There is an infinite amount of gil and unless they have huge gil sinks and people will eventually build up fortunes. So maybe 20,000 gil would not be so big for a person who has amassed 2 years worth. But a new player? 20,000 gil is an insane amount.

20,000 gil is easily done by grinding fates for an hour or two. In fact, I'm positive that's how the gil sellers that are popping up are getting so much so fast.

Progress;
- Thaumatarge 20
- Gladiator 20
- Pugilist 20
- Miner 20
- Goldsmith 20

Woo :)

Now I feel ready to do some dungeons, starting with Sastasha tomorrow.
Hoping some GAFers can help me out, my dungeon buddy changed his mind.

Iresecia

Neo Member
I was tempted to buy this game cos it looked interesting and I want a new MMO but after hearing about all the server issues I'm glad I held off

I decided the other day I was going to buy it, despite the issues. But they stopped digital sales so I've been waiting. I figure the instant I buy the physical on Amazon is the instant they'll start selling digital again.

frequency

20,000 gil is easily done by grinding fates for an hour or two. In fact, I'm positive that's how the gil sellers that are popping up are getting so much so fast.

I don't think FATEs give that much gil do they? But even if they do, I'm fairly certain new players aren't going to be paying 20,000 gil for convenience that, for example, a version 1 player like me would.

Look at the market differences on a Legacy server (HQ equipment for example) compared to on new servers.

I wish people would stop saying they need a afk kicker. Ff11 never bad one and people set up shop around cities just fine with no problems.

what they need is a real que system and cut back the number of players to a server.

XI had one, but it could be completely turned off player side, and bazaar was a good reason to. There's nothing that really necessitates or benefits from being able to be logged in indefinitely, and as we've been seeing, it causes server congestion. There is a queue system, it's just turned off when they're limiting server access, and reducing the number of players to a server without having a considerably larger number than what they have now would just cause more frustration.

Tarazet

I don't think FATEs give that much gil do they? But even if they do, I'm fairly certain new players aren't going to be paying 20,000 gil for convenience that, for example, a version 1 player like me would.

Look at the market differences on a Legacy server (HQ equipment for example) compared to on new servers.

I have 60,000 gil already, have done no selling on the market whatsoever, and I've been buying new white gear from the vendor whenever it was an upgrade.

Is there any way to get rid of the old beta option e.g. when I click start it says select your service... one is ff14 1 and the other ff14 2. I don't want the first one there.

frequency

I have 60,000 gil already, have done no selling on the market whatsoever, and I've been buying new white gear from the vendor whenever it was an upgrade.

Ok whatever the value is. 20,000 was an example cost. But are you saying that 2 years later you will have similar buying power that a starting player would? Your buying power would be several times greater than a new player. So what is considered cheap to you would not be for a new player.

It is about the gil discrepancy between a veteran that has had years to amass their fortunes versus a fresh player.

"Cheap" and "expensive" are terms relative to what you have available.

This is true of every MMORPG ever thanks to infinite currency. I find it hard to believe that FFXIV:ARR will somehow break out of this.

chrono01

I decided the other day I was going to buy it, despite the issues. But they stopped digital sales so I've been waiting. I figure the instant I buy the physical on Amazon is the instant they'll start selling digital again.
Hear that, everyone!?

Want digital copies to be made available again? Well convince Iresecia to purchase a physical copy, and quickly! Upon doing so the digital copies will be purchasable from the Square Enix website, as well as various other third parties [Amazon, PSN, etc.].

We at the Eorzea Center for Physical/Digital sales are not held responsible for inaccuracies in the above statement, should digital sales not resume after Iresecia purchases a physical copy for himself/herself.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Iresecia

Neo Member
Hear that, everyone!?

Want digital copies to be made available again? Well convince Iresecia to purchase a physical copy, and quickly! Upon doing so the digital copies will be purchasable from the Square Enix website, as well as various other third parties [Amazon, PSN, etc.].

We at the Eorzea Center for Physical/Digital sales are not held responsible for inaccuracies in the above statement, should digital sales not resume after Iresecia purchases a physical copy for himself/herself.

We thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Oh man, that's too much of a burden to be resting upon my shoulders. The fate of everyone's future purchases relies on my decision. Curse you Squenix, why me?!

HeelPower

guys do you recommend getting the game for PS3 ? How is it functioning ? I really want to get the game but I am doubtful about the free month being miserable <_< plus its my first(or would be) MMO ever.

kierwynn

Was aiming for 40 tonight (39 right now), but got a 90000 error and now I can't get back in. :( If any of the people who were in my FATE group are around (this is Elliott Kirkland), sorry for ditching. It was not intentional.

Now to spam 0 and hope for the best!

What is there to do once you hit 50 anyway? I'd probably there already if I could stay connected for more than an hour at a time. Stupid 90000 error. It's like the 5th one I've gotten today

Tarazet

What is there to do once you hit 50 anyway? I'd probably there already if I could stay connected for more than an hour at a time. Stupid 90000 error...

I've been told that they made it easy to get to 50 intentionally because that's where the meat of the game is. I look forward to finding out how it unfolds with the grand company and end-game dungeons.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
guys do you recommend getting the game for PS3 ? How is it functioning ? I really want to get the game but I am doubtful about the free month being miserable <_< plus its my first(or would be) MMO ever.

I've been playing on both platforms and I'm actually enjoying the PS3 version a bit more since I can't hook my computer up to a large TV.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I found that playing windowed @ 3200x1080 is the best resolution for me. Still get a pretty consistent 60fps and I can have my map and everything up all the time but not on the main middle screen covering up anything. Tyte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom