• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
I've been told that they made it easy to get to 50 intentionally because that's where the meat of the game is. I look forward to finding out how it unfolds with the grand company and end-game dungeons.

I like to think that's not true because this is the mentality that makes MMOs boring after 1 month. Luckly, I am leveling a lot of stuff at once and postponing the horrible curse of MMO end-game.

PatzCU

Since I can't buy this online, if I get a physical copy from a local store will I then have the option to download the client or is physical a DVD install only? I won't make it through the 3 day weekend without this!

Eusis

I've been playing on both platforms and I'm actually enjoying the PS3 version a bit more since I can't hook my computer up to a large TV.
Performance is kinda frustrating though.

Ah well, at least it's getting a PS4 upgrade. I imagine that'd make it look as good as a decent PC at the least.

Since I can't buy this online, if I get a physical copy from a local store will I then have the option to download the client or is physical a DVD install only? I won't make it through the 3 day weekend without this!
Here's a link for the launcher. I don't think they'll let you download the rest of the game without a key attached to your account though. I may be wrong (I hope.)

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Two things I really appreciate in this game: looting is automated and there's no junk loot. They understand that a: loot is something you just spam-collect by default anyway and b: junk loot only good for selling for pennies is just needless busywork.

They strike a great balance between tradition and innovation in many aspects, IMO.

Tarazet

I like to think that's not true because this is the mentality that makes MMOs boring after 1 month. Luckly, I am leveling a lot of stuff at once and postponing the horrible curse of MMO end-game.

As someone who has clocked 35 days played at 90 on his Druid.. I respectfully agree to disagree.

My problem with the PS3 version is how they cut so many frames of animation from mobs/other players. When they move about it almost looks like stop-motion at times, really quite jarring to me.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

I am the same. I enjoy running dungeons multiple times, but once I have experienced the content I am not the type of player that will keep doing end game raids just to get better gear. Gets boring to me.

Excalibur is full as fuck. It's beginning to feel impossible to log on during NA time.

I think you're talking about any server, at any time.

I did manage to create an Ultros character this morning and get in a few hours. By this afternoon when I logged off, the world was crazy packed. Mostly people just standing around teleporters. Everyone afraid to log off 'cause they know they won't be able to get back on if they do.

I'd say the odds of getting on the rest of the weekend are pretty slim. Hopefully they'll actually start getting shit worked out next week.

chrono01

I can't wait for the release of the OST, I'm definitely importing as soon as it's available. The music in this game is just incredible. It kind of makes me want to just stay in-town just so I can listen to themes, but then I would miss the music elsewhere. :(

FLEABttn

Banned
1017 the past hour, I think I'm done with this game until they fix it.

For all the MMO launches I've been on, this one is probably the worst. Not because there's problems with the game - I just can't play the game.

So I've heard they're adding barbers later on to change hair styles/color, is that true? I somehow missed/forgot to check hair highlights in the hair color menu. Not a big deal but...

For all the MMO launches I've been on, this one is probably the worst. Not because there's problems with the game - I just can't play the game.

Pretty much. Both SWTOR and GW2 had better launches than this and those were pretty terrible. At least there I was put in a queue even if it was like a 45 minute wait I didn't have to put up with this world is full shit or 9000 disconnected.

Lain

I haven't been able to get back on since the crash. Guess I'll try tomorrow in the morning.
I'm a bit sad I got interrupted in my quest to reach the unlock of the next dungeon after Haukke.

smr00

Banned

I completely disagree with it being the worst. At least a ton of people are playing, unlike WOWs launch.

I really have ran into problems logging on but i also have time to play mornings in EST when not a lot of people are on. No bugs/glitches, no crashes or disconnects. I have clocked in probably 40 hours since the early access started. I clocked maybe 5 hours in the first 2 weeks of WOW's launch, maybe less in the first week of SWTOR. But again, it's dependent on what time zone/time you are able to play.

all things considered, it's still a better launch than most. Yeah, in peak hours it's hard to get in but at least 100k+ players are able to play the game unlike mmos that just don't work for ANYONE the first week.

I blame SE. They don't think AFK kicking is a priority for some reason though it's standard in every other MMO out there.
They really need to implement one but not a shitty 15 minute AFK boot because some people have kids and have to run off for 15-20 minutes. Should be a 30ish minute AFK boot.

But i don't take advantage of it like some of my friends who just stay logged in when they leave the house. If i am leaving the house i log out and shut down my PC.

ampere

Figured I'd buy the game and give it a spin, but digital downloads are apparently disabled.

Is it worth it to drive to the store and get a boxed PC copy or would I not be able to log in anyway?

Xux

Did Brayflox's Longstop last night. Pretty crazy:
Outdoor dungeon with a day and night cycle!
U3LxfoS.jpg

Boss fight is against the poisonous Aiatar. Need fast reflexes and decision making (sorry Walkinz!):
lzqpktF.jpg

Psion managed to score a nice, sexy Battlemage Robe:
rPWpm9w.jpg

Titan's next!
FE5m6MZ.jpg

FLEABttn

Banned
I completely disagree with it being the worst. At least a ton of people are playing, unlike WOWs launch.

I really have ran into problems logging on but i also have time to play mornings in EST when not a lot of people are on. No bugs/glitches, no crashes or disconnects. I have clocked in probably 40 hours since the early access started. I clocked maybe 5 hours in the first 2 weeks of WOW's launch, maybe less in the first week of SWTOR. But again, it's dependent on what time zone/time you are able to play.

all things considered, it's still a better launch than most. Yeah, in peak hours it's hard to get in but at least 100k+ players are able to play the game unlike mmos that just don't work for ANYONE the first week.

I've played most MMO's release week since WoW (was launch week on WoW too, my server never had queues, worst of everything was loot lag) and I haven't had problems that compare to this. Once you get in, it's fine, but at this point I can't even get in because I'm in Mountain, east costers are 2-3 hours into playing by the time I get home. So SE has money, but I don't have a game. It's a problem.

Why everybody say that Titan is OMG so difficult?

beaten today for the first time with 3 other randoms (1 dps insta-fell over the cliff lol)

piece of cake

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Figured I'd buy the game and give it a spin, but digital downloads are apparently disabled.

Is it worth it to drive to the store and get a boxed PC copy or would I not be able to log in anyway?

I can't say anything about the log in part, but the game is definitely worth a drive to the store to pick up.

Isaccard

I've played most MMO's release week since WoW (was launch week on WoW too, my server never had queues, worst of everything was loot lag) and I haven't had problems that compare to this. Once you get in, it's fine, but at this point I can't even get in because I'm in Mountain, east costers are 2-3 hours into playing by the time I get home. So SE has money, but I don't have a game. It's a problem.

They already said more free time for everyone, so yeah.

FLEABttn

Banned
They already said more free time for everyone, so yeah.

That doesn't really get me in the game. I'm loaning them money, considering they give me free time for time I can't use.

I understand worst launch is going to be subjective to people, but in 9 years of MMO playing, I've never been not able to play without entire server clusters being down.

2San

Finally had a proper day of gaming. It's a pretty charming game.

I didn't have any login problems today, my brother kept disconnething though. He couldn't directly reconnect, because the game kept thinking he was in game(his character was still in the game world after dc). So after every dc he needed to wait 5+ min before he could reconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom