• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soroc

I was already in Aleport looking for a party for the Sastasha dungeon earlier when I logged out. Fuck it, I'm making a character on Durandal. Wish there was a way to make the interface stick for all your characters.

Don't worry, looks like emergency maintenance crashed me and not Aleport. Although Aleport was popping when I was there. Fates everywhere

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just finished Brayflox and started the Ram FATE @ Costa Del Sol

Message popped, ran my ass to Sanctuary

Finally Square learns how to boot AFK'ers

qq more

oh my

i guess i should be glad because I was about to return from my break and play more... but I've played far more than enough for the day

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I rather be logged off and have my character safe then get booted off and the game thinks I'm still logged in

smr00

Banned
Farming FATEs? Why torture ones self like that?

I got to an inn and logged off, I'm going to be pissed if that maintenance message was a mistake or something.
I used windowed mode and just watch shows in-between fates.

Great way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Catch up on shows while leveling.

teiresias

Can anyone give me a tip on how to work this type of situation using kb+m controls? I'll look at it from the point of view of a tank.

When in a dungeon and I'm focussing on one mob, but another mob or group of mobs gets past me and heads to my far off party-mates, I'm having trouble disengaging from the mob that I've safely got enough hate on in order to run to the others and pull them away from my group. I've got some kind of lock on my current mob that I can't figure out how to break (I auto-strafe around it, etc.). Is that what's called my "focus target" I played around with those keybindings and it didn't seem to work, so I'm getting frustrated.

Any ideas?

Torture lol? FATEs are the best source of experience if you farm the chaining ones.

I said nothing about their relative experience-to-time ratio. I just find most FATEs incredibly boring.

teiresias

Lol, I registered day one there. Also freaking emergency maintenance, god dammit square just when i unlocked SMN :(

Maple actually had to find me on the guild forum before she'd let me in, so I'm surprised we're just letting others in willy-nilly. Unless it's a referral system or something for non-GAF members.

Vestal

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL..

Meanwhile in an undisclosed location(
Square Headquarters Japan
)

Laughter is heard as far as the eye can see.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
just bought this game, went to log in aaaaaaaaaaand its down. and yeah, i know, some people haven't been able to enter the world.. but this is different :p

Varna

Can anyone give me a tip on how to work this type of situation using kb+m controls? I'll look at it from the point of view of a tank.

When in a dungeon and I'm focussing on one mob, but another mob or group of mobs gets past me and heads to my far off party-mates, I'm having trouble disengaging from the mob that I've safely got enough hate on in order to run to the others and pull them away from my group. I've got some kind of lock on my current mob that I can't figure out how to break (I auto-strafe around it, etc.). Is that what's called my "focus target" I played around with those keybindings and it didn't seem to work, so I'm getting frustrated.

Any ideas?

I'm really sure what kind of problem you are having. Even if you have the lock target option enabled you can still TAB/Mouse target anything else else if you want to attack. I do this all the time as Marauder. First thing I usually do is Tomahawk whatever enemies I need to so I can get them in a nice bundle so I can easily hit them all with Overpower.

I wanted to ask this last night when I did my first instance as a DD class. Do GLD typically struggle with holding multiple enemies? The guy I partied with was terrible. He could not hold on to hate from anything. I had to stop attack at certain points just to give the healer and easier time. Once multiple enemies started happening it became far worse. Flash really didn't seem to hold their attention at all.

Ploid 3.0

Hha you guys logged off? It was a log in server maintenance, not game maintenance. Remember, it was like that before. Well at least that should have cleared up some spots for people when the game launcher log in server maintenance is done!

Be ready to log in when the server is back. No one was kicked from the game.

Speaking of Fates, I got into one not far from Lisma that had me fighting against a boss enemy and it seemed like the other players were content to just sit there and watch for a bit. Yeah, thanks a lot guys, see if I decide to use Raise on your hides if you die in the field.

supergiz

Hha you guys logged off? It was a log in server maintenance, not game maintenance. Remember, it was like that before. Well at least that should have cleared up some spots for people when the game launcher log in server maintenance is done!

Yeah they could have put that along with the emergency maintenance message grrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom