• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Fates, I got into one not far from Lisma that had me fighting against a boss enemy and it seemed like the other players were content to just sit there and watch for a bit. Yeah, thanks a lot guys, see if I decide to use Raise on your hides if you die in the field.

Should have ran towards the other players and let the mob target them instead, lol

teiresias

I'm really sure what kind of problem you are having. Even if you have the lock target option enabled you can still TAB/Mouse target anything else else if you want to attack. I do this all the time as Marauder. First thing I usually do is Tomahawk whatever enemies I need to so I can get them in a nice bundle so I can easily hit them all with Overpower.

I wanted to ask this last night when I did my first instance as a DD class. Do GLD typically struggle with holding multiple enemies? The guy I partied with was terrible. He could not hold on to hate from anything. I had to stop attack at certain points just to give the healer and easier time. Once multiple enemies started happening it became far worse. Flash really didn't seem to hold their attention at all.

I can TAB around to other targets, but I stay locked on the current target. This is an issue if the mob I'm trying to move to is out of range of any of my attacks because it prevents me from running into range of even Tomahawk.

This was really an issue tonight in Tam-Tara because we had an annoying archer that kept pulling mobs before I would and was pulling stuff from everywhere.

Alucrid

Banned
Maple actually had to find me on the guild forum before she'd let me in, so I'm surprised we're just letting others in willy-nilly. Unless it's a referral system or something for non-GAF members.

How LTTP were you? Invites were made officer only because it was filling up so fast at the start, plus all the people in the GAF LS got invited to the FC at the start too.

Pandacon

Just left the XIV event at PAX, had some dev commentary with Yoshi and Soken, nothing too new but it was awesome to see those guys.

Also got with a cool group and we defeated Titan, was really fun playing with a live group live that.

teiresias

How LTTP were you? Invites were made officer only because it was filling up so fast at the start, plus all the people in the GAF LS got invited to the FC at the start too.

I wasn't really late, it was early in EA I thought, but I was never in the linkshell.

Varna

I can TAB around to other targets, but I stay locked on the current target. This is an issue if the mob I'm trying to move to is out of range of any of my attacks because it prevents me from running into range of even Tomahawk.

This was really an issue tonight in Tam-Tara because we had an annoying archer that kept pulling mobs before I would and was pulling stuff from everywhere.

Strange. Is there a focus target option you might have enabled? That's never happened to me.

ampere

Went out to the store and picked up my PC copy, currently installing.

Maybe this 'emergency maintenance' will be done when I'm ready to play :p

Vashetti

Banned
Maybe they are adding a real queue system...

c2m.gif

NeOak

Hha you guys logged off? It was a log in server maintenance, not game maintenance. Remember, it was like that before. Well at least that should have cleared up some spots for people when the game launcher log in server maintenance is done!

Be ready to log in when the server is back. No one was kicked from the game.

OH SHI-

Ken

Hm suppose I should start Fate farming. Was concerned with gear so I was trying to run dungeons instead but the XP seems way better just running Fates.

Aeana

Now I can summon my chocobo and level him up. I think I'll make him a tank, since I intend to play squishy classes pretty much exclusively. Not entirely decided, though...

teiresias

Strange. Is there a focus target option you might have enabled? That's never happened to me.

I thought I rebound my click-wheel to break focus target, but maybe not. Maybe there isn't an option just to break focus, but only to move it - that would be annoying. I'd like to turn off focus completely actually and try it that way if at all possible. Come to think of it though I may have the "auto lock on attacked target" turned on. I'll have to check that next time I'm able to log on.

Kronotech

Stupid question but I can't figure out how to heal others or throw off a Protect on someone. Do I have to be in a party with them?

Using controller, I try single and double click but I end up just re-casting on myself.

Speaking of Fates, I got into one not far from Lisma that had me fighting against a boss enemy and it seemed like the other players were content to just sit there and watch for a bit. Yeah, thanks a lot guys, see if I decide to use Raise on your hides if you die in the field.

There's a lot of bastards that wait for you to start the Fate or wait until more players come.

Ken

Stupid question but I can't figure out how to heal others or throw off a Protect on someone. Do I have to be in a party with them?

Using controller, I try single and double click but I end up just re-casting on myself.

If you target someoone you can cure them, but I think Protect requires them to be in your party.

gatti-man

That doesn't really get me in the game. I'm loaning them money, considering they give me free time for time I can't use.

I understand worst launch is going to be subjective to people, but in 9 years of MMO playing, I've never been not able to play without entire server clusters being down.

I see what your saying but I've never not been able to play. Subjectively for you this is the worst launch, subjectively for me wow was followed closely by swtor. This I've been able to get in every time and the client has been rock stable.

I'm really trying to Please Understand right now but work was awful this week and I just want to chillax in Eorzea with my gaf bros.

At least you're on a gaf server :/

Cmagus

I see what your saying but I've never not been able to play. Subjectively for you this is the worst launch, subjectively for me wow was followed closely by swtor. This I've been able to get in every time and the client has been rock stable.
Yep I've had zero problems logging in. I've had the odd 9000 boot but was able to log in right away.

Should just switch servers or just gonna have to wait it out till next week.

Ploid 3.0

People strutting around in their magitek armor like they own the place make me sick!!

:(

Assemble gaf and get the missions done. Gaf unite!

Wow what a joke with that emergency maintenance bs. Well at least I know for next time.

I don't know why they show that message in game.

In ffxi I never lost anything letting the game log me off because of a maintenance. People are always afk and selling in bazaars in ffxi, they can't have a problem with making people lose characters because of their doing.

PatzCU

Ugh, all the stores in my area are sold out of the PC physical. Is it possible to use a PS3 registration code for the PC version? Desperation is an ugly thing...

Soroc

Is this the worst game launch of all time? I've been through some shit.

But this shit right here. This is some shit.

Not even close. The game is wonderful and runs really well when you are in. The only problem seems to be actually getting into the game. The overwhelming popularity for the game is a good problem for Square to have, they just need to fix it by next week before its too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom