• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireVoa

Is there any place to check and see all the in-game items you have tethered to your account? I.e The Onion Helm, Asuran Armbands, Warrior of Light Helm.. etc?

Desi

I may head to GS tomorrow and put in a pre-order for the PS3 version. Still can enter the code in while at my work PC I guess?

Curious about the stats on the mog cap to be honest. Probably nothing but I would be amused if it took a more XI route and changes you into a porting moggle.

Timeaisis

Is there any place to check and see all the in-game items you have tethered to your account? I.e The Onion Helm, Asuran Armbands, Warrior of Light Helm.. etc?

It's my understanding that you get those once you actually put in the pre-order code. But don't quote me on that.

Shouta

Oh, ok.

So apparently this new system is separate from the currently used system for FFXIV accounts. You get the preorder code and register it and it'll connect it to the proper account. I did it and it showed all of my older registered services like the behemoth thingie and all that.

Way to make it confusing SE.

antitrop

Haha, no worries. That confused a lot of people.

I'm not sure why the site is so determined to log people into the eu. site. I always have to change it back to na.after I clear my cookies. ~_~
I thought I was drunk and clicked EU by accident or something.

Xavien

Oh, ok.

So apparently this new system is separate from the currently used system for FFXIV accounts. You get the preorder code and register it and it'll connect it to the proper account. I did it and it showed all of my older registered services like the behemoth thingie and all that.

Way to make it confusing SE.

Pretty much, but there's nowhere afterwards to see what you've activated on your account, to see what items you're eligible for or anything.

I hope this mogstation thing is better thought out than the current mess.

FireVoa

It's my understanding that you get those once you actually put in the pre-order code. But don't quote me on that.

Yeah I put the code in but I didn't bother at the time to double check everything from 1.0 was carrying over. I assume it will be in the mail regardless though upon release, at least I hope so.

CoLaN

Wow, the account system is just... Yea.

I was a 1.0 (EU) player (standard edition), my account isn't a legacy account tough. I did read that you cant register a new windows copy if you are a 1.0 player, but I also heard that you can upgrade to the ARR CE, and get the early access this way.

Is that really possible? I can't find a way.

Yep, under Download list, it just shows Final Fantasy XIV a Realm Reborn. Doesn't say early edition or anything, even has the date from last week from the phase 4 beta, even after putting in the new code it gave me for early access. Very strange that it didn't really do anything right now as most of us have this client downloaded already.

I'm guessing the Square Enix site knows we've linked it, which is all we need, and when we log in (if we can) during early access, we'll all get the pre-order items anyway.

rockx4

Wow, the account system is just... Yea.

I was a 1.0 (EU) player (standard edition), my account isn't a legacy account tough. I did read that you cant register a new windows copy if you are a 1.0 player, but I also heard that you can upgrade to the ARR CE, and get the early access this way.

Is that really possible? I can't find a way.

Yea there's an upgrade option, but I don't think it'll be available until the game launches.

chrono01

Guys, I can't get past Error 3. How long do I have to spam this shit before it works?
Make sure the membership site has you logged into the correct region. If it has you incorrectly logged in as a eu./na. member, trying changing your Language setting to your current region [if it's not the proper one already] and make sure the link under your Profile [click the Top Right of your account window on the page that gives you Error 3] is set to your region [eu. for Europe, na. for North America]. If not, simply change the URL to the correct region, hit enter, and then try your code again.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
As far as I know, the Japanese side has none of these issues. It's literally only the NA branch that seems to love changing how their website works every couple of months.

Bioware vs SE for worst account management award

At least SE isn't trying to scam you into being unable to cancel the subscription.

...Yet.

Aeana

Haha, no worries. That confused a lot of people, myself included.

I'm not sure why the site is so determined to log people into the eu. site. I always have to change it back to na.after I clear my cookies. ~_~
They're in the process of merging the NA/EU stuff, for some reason. They just did away with Square Enix Members NA accounts and all of that management is done through the EU site now. It's weird and I don't know why they did it, especially since it seems to be causing problems.

chrono01

They're in the process of merging the NA/EU stuff, for some reason. They just did away with Square Enix Members NA accounts and all of that management is done through the EU site now. It's weird and I don't know why they did it, especially since it seems to be causing problems.
I see. Thanks for the clarification!

That definitely answers my question. Here's hoping they have everything more stabilized soon!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Probably to make it so it's easier for them to manage the data servers. 2 vs 3
The fact the EU/NA servers bugged you out with the 3012 bug but you could still make characters on a JP server hint at that pretty strongly that the NA/EU stuff is in the same place.

Negator

Dear lord, why in the fuck would they do all this right before this huge launch that can possibly make or break the entire company?

WHY!?

rockx4

SE sent me an early access email a minute ago... I was excited until I saw they emailed me the same PSN key again, and it still doesn't work lol.

Make sure the membership site has you logged into the correct region. If it has you incorrectly logged in as a eu./na. member, trying changing your Language setting to your current region [if it's not the proper one already] and make sure the link under your Profile [click the Top Right of your account window on the page that gives you Error 3] is set to your region [eu. for Europe, na. for North America]. If not, simply change the URL to the correct region, hit enter, and then try your code again.

Okay, the code worked! Thank you for this post! <3

Damn, and I wasn't planning on having EA originally so I ended up volunteering to work on Saturday. Well, that's okay, the servers will probably all be down anyways, I hope they'll be working on Sunday!

chrono01

Okay, the code worked! Thank you for this post! <3

Damn, and I wasn't planning on having EA originally so I ended up volunteering to work on Saturday. Well, that's okay, the servers will probably all be down anyways, I hope they'll be working on Sunday!
You're very welcome!

I'm glad to hear that everything worked out for you. :)

wrongway

So I just got my 20-digit early access code email...

And it's a different code from the one the website gave me earlier.

We have to go deeper.

Izayoi

Banned
Pretty sure my thing is working. I got a code that started with RAAE. Is that correct for NA? I activated it through the link and it seemed to work fine, but I just wanted to make sure.

So I just got my 20-digit early access code email...

And it's a different code from the one the website gave me earlier.

We have to go deeper.

CODECEPTION

I love how you have to enter a code to enter a code. This could not possibly be more convoluted. Unless they added a third code, so you would enter a code to enter a code to enter a code!

Aeana

Probably to make it so it's easier for them to manage the data servers. 2 vs 3
The fact the EU/NA servers bugged you out with the 3012 bug but you could still make characters on a JP server hint at that pretty strongly that the NA/EU stuff is in the same place.
Thing is, they've only merged the Members account system, which isn't what's actually used to log into the game.

The fact that most of this OT is talking about the code debacle and NOT about the game shows how awesomely bad SE is with account systems.

This really is amazing. Thank god I don't have to ever enter a goddamned code for these people again.

raven777

Just got my 20 digit code in my email, but its the same one I got from the site yesterday and I already registered it. So I don't have to do anything else, right?

chrono01

Pretty sure my thing is working. I got a code that started with RAAE. Is that correct for NA? I activated it through the link and it seemed to work fine, but I just wanted to make sure.
Sorry, RAAE is for Europe and RAAU is for North America. :(

It sounds to me like you got issued the incorrect code for your region.

Ravidrath

Do it from the link the code site links to. That should connect it to your proper S-E account, at least I'm pretty sure.

OK, so I logged in, and it's asking me stuff? So I filled it out.

Then it wouldn't accept the stuff because it said my name was already taken. Presumably by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom