• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Pop out the left one. Literally pop the key out. My keyboard actually disables it but keeps the one on the right side. Dont need 2 windows keys

i edited the reg so that they do nothing now. taking one out is unsightly

Are you running in borderless windowed mode?

Currently running it in borderless windowed because of this shit

no, doesn't that make you take a performance hit? i need all the frames i can get

So I got my game PS3 copy today and I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to instruct me on how to set everything up. I already have a Square Enix ID from the beta testing, but I got two different codes in the box. The thing says to redeem one on the PlayStation Store but then there's the whole Mogstation thing. I don't want to mess up with my code(s) or accidentally mess up with linking accounts.

TheContact

So I got my game PS3 copy today and I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to instruct me on how to set everything up. I already have a Square Enix ID from the beta testing, but I got two different codes in the box. The thing says to redeem one on the PlayStation Store but then there's the whole Mogstation thing. I don't want to mess up with my code(s) or accidentally mess up with linking accounts.

Use the 12 digit ps3 code on the psn. Log in on ps3 to the game saying you have existing account and log in with ur beta info. It will sync up. The other code is to register your game.

Foaloal

fuck you windows key. fuck you and all your bullshit.

Logitech G110 owner here. It has a "gaming switch" that disables the windows key and a couple others that could interrupt your game.

Personally I rarely use it because hitting the windows key isn't a big issue for me, but for someone like yourself it seems like a great feature.

Ploid 3.0

no, doesn't that make you take a performance hit? i need all the frames i can get

Actually it's possible that it could help performance, it depends on the game though. You should try it, at least because you don't want to hit the windows key in full screen and mess up again.

Use the product registration code (3 blocks of four letters/digits) in your PSN account (redeem code section) and then boot up the PS3 client, I'm assuming you have this already from the beta?
Once in, it'll ask you to select the service account you want to link to the PS3 version, so do this - now you can log in on your PS3.
Remember to be logged in on the PSN account you want to associate with your SE ID.

Mogstation stuff isn't required to set up on PS3.
The registered PS3 stuff should show up on your mogstation afterwards, or, you can add it once you've registered your PS3 version on the PSN.

FLEABttn

Banned
Suck it AFKers, I logged in instantly thanks to this.

And 30 seconds later the login server died and my GF can't get in. God dammit.

Eusis

Sim City and Diablo 3 were much worse. This game is at least very stable for me when I actually get in.
Failing that, I think it's more excusable for the kind of game FFXIV IS versus those two. FFXIV being a full blown MMO it kind of necessitates this unfortunately, but SimCity and Diablo III you can't help but think "Hey guys this would've been fine if you just let us play offline!"

Anyways, for miserable launches? Anarchy Online was noted, but so everyone has some idea of how wretched at first here is Lowtax's review on Something Awful.

kiryogi

Banned
Us too. Feels good man. Wiped twice cuz some of our group never played before or never played on a controller. Got Soken to sign our shirts and cd too!
Our group was fucking organized and epic. War/pld/whm basically dpsed him at 50percnt. While main fps all died. Fucking epic. Everyone was cheering Us on. The guys I played with were fucking amazing tanks. It was down to to pld/war/whm. So amazing.

I got Soken to sign my ARR Le. GoNna get yoshi-p tomorrow

Use the 12 digit ps3 code on the psn. Log in on ps3 to the game saying you have existing account and log in with ur beta info. It will sync up. The other code is to register your game.

Use the product registration code (3 blocks of four letters/digits) in your PSN account (redeem code section) and then boot up the PS3 client, I'm assuming you have this already from the beta?

Thanks so much guys! So I redeemed the 12 digit code on the PSN store and it's downloading the 6.5 GB thing. I feel like this isn't necessary if I already have the client from early access, so should In just delete the one from EA after this thing finishes?

Reishiki

Banned
Anyways, for miserable launches? Anarchy Online was noted, but so everyone has some idea of how wretched at first here is Lowtax's review on Something Awful.

They strongly encouraged online gaming sites to hold off on their reviews until this point, and the gaming sites generally followed this suggestion since they depend on leeching off companies like FunCom for "exclusives" and other copy and paste blobs of digital ass-kissing.

In 2001.

Some things never change. Not least since I recall SE asking people to do something similar for v1.0.

aceface

Thanks so much guys! So I redeemed the 12 digit code on the PSN store and it's downloading the 6.5 GB thing. I feel like this isn't necessary if I already have the client from early access, so should In just delete the one from EA after this thing finishes?

There's actually no need to download the client again. The next time you log in you'll have to click through a few prompts and you'll be set up for the free 30 days.

There's actually no need to download the client again. The next time you log in you'll have to click through a few prompts and you'll be set up for the free 30 days.
You're right! I paused the download, booted up my existing client from the disc and it took me to the thing about adding services to my account. It didn't mention anything about 30 days though, just the PS3 game and then I was able to log in with my character.

aceface

You're right! I paused the download, booted up my existing client from the disc and it took me to the thing about adding services to my account. It didn't mention anything about 30 days though, just the PS3 game and then I was able to log in with my character.

If you check mogstation it should now say that you are on the 30 day trial.

TheContact

You can load via disc or the digital client. It's nice to have the option

Eusis

Getting error 1017 :(

My character looks pretty legit though.

fake edit: in queue now, cool.
Did you keep mashing it in, or quit out then log back in? I quit out and logged back in, and while I still got 1017 I was in a queue at first. Maybe just keep doing that, even if the security token makes it kind of a pain.

ampere

Did you keep mashing it in, or quit out then log back in? I quit out and logged back in, and while I still got 1017 I was in a queue at first. Maybe just keep doing that, even if the security token makes it kind of a pain.

Well after being in the queue it said I disconnected and I'm back to 1017 errors.

Eusis

Idled at the character select screen, finally went to jump in, and it actually stayed loading for quite awhile!

Then I got hit with error 2002 mentioning something about the connection with the lobby server breaking. Well, that's something new at least.
Why can't this game have a normal queue like any other MMO in the past decade?
I guess because this one somehow killed instances, so now we have to choose between a game where at least half the content is inaccessible but we can reliably log in, or where all content is accessible as it should be but it's a complete crapshot to log in.

cutters cry seems to be another newbie trap. i think we wiped 7 times on the first boss with a duty finder group. if you don't deal enough damage, you'll get overrun. somehow the damage dealers weren't doing their jobs properly. next day i go in a with another group full of first timers and it was a whole different game. first try speedy clear without issues.

i want a damage meter.

TheContact

cutters cry seems to be another newbie trap. i think we wiped 7 times on the first boss with a duty finder group. if you don't deal enough damage, you'll get overrun. somehow the damage dealers weren't doing their jobs properly. next day i go in a with another group full of first timers and it was a whole different game. first try speedy clear without issues.

i want a damage meter.

A lot of lancers dont seem to know the flank positional ability they have gives a buff that increases all damage by 10%. Then their back positional does good damage even more with the buff. It doesnt last long tho, 15sec or so

Shouta

Man, HQ items are so amazing for that turn in multiple items tradeleve. I turned in two out of three HQs and fine total was 40k XP D= and I still could do more turn ins for it.

A lot of lancers dont seem to know the flank positional ability they have gives a buff that increases all damage by 10%. Then their back positional does good damage even more with the buff. It doesnt last long tho, 15sec or so

that was my suspicion. the group that failed had a summoner and a monk as dd though. it wasn't enough to frustrate me, but i wish i could see what they did wrong so we could fix it.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
While levelling black mage, i noticed i had the jewelry 15 levels behind.
I was already thinking about getting GSM up, so i got a hammer and started whacking.
Then i got to the mats available only with mining, and decided to pick up ming.
But for mining, i needed a pickaxe and a hammer! blacksmith it is.
While going to Limsa Lominsa, i then stepped to the Bismark, picked up the level 1 quest, and noticed Cooking's level 15 skill being ridicolously overpowered (Hasty Touch)!
So, carry on the cooking.
Then, while cooking, i met fish-only recipes, market was clean and...

Six hours ago, i wanted some rings.
Now, i've got a fishing pole in my hands.
I'm not even sure how did i let that happen.

Shouta

Just a reminder for folks, We have a small crew of GAF folks on Excalibur too. Send a /tell to Ezlyn Fallsmeyer if you're on there and need an LS or maybe a casual FC too.

Windam

Scaley member
Is it normal that Sastasha bored me to tears? (Not literal tears.) :/

EDIT: Turin Turambar, whoever you are, I like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom