• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

supergiz

My friend is trying to start a character on ultros tonight. What are his chances of getting to character creation? Where is that site again that tells you what servers are accepting new character creations?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
My friend is trying to start a character on ultros tonight. What are his chances of getting to character creation? Where is that site again that tells you what servers are accepting new character creations?

My partner managed to create a new character on Ultros last night around 7pm local time - which is in another 5 hours.

Then again it wasn't a Friday night in the Americas.

chrono01

He needs to be lucky. Despite supposedly not allowing characters for creation, Ultros "opens" occasionally, so you just have to keep hitting refresh every three minutes. That's how I created my character a couple days ago.

It's a stressful process. :(

Noi

Odin spawned on Hyperion as well. I didn't see him myself, but the reports of so many dead bodies spread everywhere.

qq more

I got too confident with my luck, so I logged out and messed with the game's settings via Nvidia Inspector to enable vsync and AA. And now I can't get back in the server! So dumb of meeee

Darryl

Banned
Is it normal that Sastasha bored me to tears? (Not literal tears.) :/

EDIT: Turin Turambar, whoever you are, I like you.

It's even more boring if you played 1.0 and got to run around Shposhae, which was actually a very mysterious and quirky dungeon. They dumbed it down hardcore for the ARR crowd.

Teletraan1

Banned
I have done every quest in the game that I have been led to, done all my hunting logs, explored just about every region while emptying my recommended log and leveled almost 2 full levels in Coerthas fates. I am still always a half level away from being able to accept the next quest and this has been happening since the high 30s. These quest have you going all over the place to new areas but they only manage to give you a handful of quests while you are there. They either needed to add a lot of quests to each of the areas they send you to or make the quests that send you all over the globe worth more than a fate that takes a few minutes at most. I am pretty tired of fates and honestly I shouldn't have to do them so much on my first go around with a character. That shit should have been for my subsequent classes. They really dropped the ball on quests late in this game. There are so many areas with lvl 4x mobs that you are tasked to do nothing in outside of 1 or 2 quests. Seems rushed. Leves are garbage xp for the effort too. I know people are going to tell me to do other shit or more fates but every single mmo that involves leveling and quests provides you with enough of them to reach cap and usually too many where you can skip quests if you would like.

gribbles

Banned
When I'm too low level for a FATE and it says to me: "Your contribution will not be weighed as heavily", what does that mean exactly? Does it mean that I get less experience for doing the FATE, or more?

Kalnos

Banned
When I'm too low level for a FATE and it says to me: "Your contribution will not be weighed as heavily", what does that mean exactly? Does it mean that I get less experience for doing the FATE, or more?

You get less of a reward because you aren't able to contribute as much of people who are of that level. That's how I understand it.

Darte

Just means you'll have to do more than someone who is at the appropriate level for that fate, since your damage output will be less, to reach the same point for bronze/silver/gold

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Why can't we have this, SE? :(
aWeSEZp.jpg

So my question now is Thunder viable at all for Thaumaturge? I heard that they nerfed it from the beta and it doesn't stack. Is this at all true and is it even worth using now

made some good progress today. well kinda.

kinda lame that they throw you 3 dungeons back to back. dungeons are fun, but.... yeah, 2013, i kinda expect some more variety.

And i really do hate early instance dungeons in mmos when you don't have access to shit. :(

Arsin

So Greenmangaming has this at 25% off until the 6th of September. Should I wait a few days so I don't waste any of my free game time, or do people think that it is stable enough now?

I do have a three day weekend coming up next week, so maybe that would be the better time...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So my question now is Thunder viable at all for Thaumaturge? I heard that they nerfed it from the beta and it doesn't stack. Is this at all true and is it even worth using now
After you get Thunder 2 and the passive that lets you cast a free thunder from time to time, it's ok.
Ah, Aion's launch queue. That brings back memories.

I wish I had taken a screen of Tera's queue at launch.
Well, here's one more, bringing less fond memories.
yDSnpHO.jpg

MogCakes

Finally got my CE in today. Just popped in the disc, got to the account register/confirm screen, and got "the server is not responding". Are they in maintenance or something?

EDIT: now it's giving me the 'no valid service account' crap.

Tirod

So I read the community post in the OP, and saw the message about the GAF guild on Ultros being full, but is there some chat channel I can join or something?

Enjoying the atmosphere of the game for sure, but I'd like to talk as well.

neoxdonut

So I read the community post in the OP, and saw the message about the GAF guild on Ultros being full, but is there some chat channel I can join or something?

Enjoying the atmosphere of the game for sure, but I'd like to talk as well.

The Gaf Ultros Mumble server

Khrno

Behemoth sucked on Excalibur. >.> Way too many people, too much lag. Behemoth was only visible if you were within 0.001 inches of him. D:

We weren't that many, for the first phase we took quite long to start because people were just standing around doing nothing, I actually was rubber pulling it for a while with Bio because no one was up for it, until some relic PLD showed up and then the fight settled.

Ogni-XR21

The green play button as disappeared and it's asking me to sign in to my Square Enix account through the client. Once I do, it says I haven't set one up. But on the official SE website, my account is on there and said I'd bought FF XIV....

Same thing for me. I thought maybe I need to re-register the game now that early access is over but I see no way of entering the serial number on the SE site...

Man I'm really getting frustrated with trying to play this game. It's been almost a week since I last played.

Edit: You need to register through the PSN...

Tizoc

My brother has been trying to log in and start playing yesteday but kept getting error 2002, where it staes he is unable to connect to the lobby.
I assume others have this issue right? His game is a disc PS3 ver. BTW, and he already used the code for the 1 month sub.

Tabbing out or trying to Window the screen always crashes the game for me. I'm terrified to have to use my computer for anything else, I don't want to try to login again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom