• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So remember those level 47 quests I oculdn't find? They're all in Waking Sands, go figure.

Anyway. I guess all that's left is gear grinding and relic making. Benn spamming the Tonberry dungeon. I tried Ardapor, but I got hit pretty hard.

Khrno

I was doing Aurum Vale with a friend that needed it clear, I was on SMN and he was tank, so we got a party through the DF very quick, but the other dps was also a SMN.

Everything was fin the whole run until the final boss, Miser Mistress, which the main flaw of the SMN were made clear. SMN is not a spike dps (obviously) and we had to destroy the egg thingies before the tiny malboros hatched from them. Well, no, it wasn't going to happen.

Three tries at the final boss and we just weren't able to get rid of them eggs quick and everything just became a mess. I'm actually glad that SMN has a weak point, since I basically thought they were quite overpowered (which for solo/open world content, they might very well be, but in dungeons, they certainly aren't.

BLCKATK

I just finished the main scenario. Leveled Thaumaturge for the first time all the way to 50 through the story, and went into the final instance with it.

I have to say as a Legacy player this was probably one of the best experiences in gaming. Just such a huge turn around. I enjoyed 1.21 and beyond of XIV and happily payed for it, and to be treated to such a great rebirth of a game is something I feel truly happy to have experienced. Yoshi-P and his team have done an excellent job and I look forward to everything in the future. The light of Final Fantasy has been rekindled, this game is an excellent return to form for FF and the perfect game for new MMO players to experience what people love about Online games.

I really couldn't be happier.

Khrno

So remember those level 47 quests I oculdn't find? They're all in Waking Sands, go figure.

Anyway. I guess all that's left is gear grinding and relic making. Benn spamming the Tonberry dungeon. I tried Ardapor, but I got hit pretty hard.

I did Amdapor today on the DF, one of the guys in the party only knew the strategy for the first sub-boss, and the other 2 we went in blind, and it wasn't bad.

First section, have the tank train all the mobs and die just before to the entrance of the subboss area, while the other three enter to safety and raise him from inside. That just saved about 10 minutes of unnecessary kills.

First subboss, attack the guy, he will summon golems, kill them asap, after a few of them, a demon thing shows up and takes over the guy, so now you have to kill the demon instead, also more golems. Golems are always the priority, except the giant golem, when that one appears, run (and pull the boss) all the way towards the entrance and stick to the wall literally, because it does this massive aoe that only leaves this tiny gap near to that wall untouched. After that aoe the golem walks away and just kill off the demon.

Second section, kill stuff on the way and reach the second subboss, which is Demon Wall at the back of a bridge with no walls on the side, so people can fall and die. Basically evade all the aoes which are clearly marked on the floor, try to stick to the middle and not to the sides, because DW does a push back attack that will push people off the bridge. The safe area becomes smaller on the second part of the fight and 2 flies appear which are very hard, so aoe Limit Break is recommended here to kill them and then finish DW off.

Third section, more standard kills until final boss, which is this FFXI Xarcabard dragon, have the tank position the dragon facing one of the sides and the other players standing to the side of the dragon, not on the back due to this huge aoe he does to the back.
When a huge ball of plasma starts forming in the arena run and hide behind one of the 4 statues (like during Garuda), then you won't take any damage. One of the statues will turn into a gargoyle or something and start attacking, kill it quick and make sure to hide again from the huge plasma attack (although there are only 3 statues left to hide).

He will do another attack when he does like a red laser line to a player, the targeted person should run preferably to the empty place where the previous statue was (before it turned into the gargoyle) since a red pulsating ball will form on top of the player and will start doing pulses that damage quite a bit, so basically run away from the other players to the empty corner and then run away from the red ball just formed.

Another statue will turn into a gargoyle, so only 2 statues left to hide behind, more plasma attack, laser/red ball, huge backwards aoe, another gargoyle from a statue, etc. that's basically the remaining of the fight. We killed the boss with one statue left, that hadn't turn into a gargoyle yet.

Tough fights, but after finding out the tricks, they can be done just fine.

This full server bs really annoys me so I decided to create 2 characters one for JP (Valfore) and another for NA (Ultros) so when one server downs I can jump to another. Goodbye my sleeping time :p

WolvenOne

Okay, about to hit 26. Once I do, I'm going to be hecka tempted to use Guildleves to get me to 30 in a hurry. Then, I can level my GLD for an hour and unlock WAR!

Also made private 2nd class tonight, farming Fates for seals became a lot easier once I settled in a level appropriate area, with lots of reasonably close fates. I should be able to farm Costa Del Sol soon though.

Just wish I could get a ton of seals asap. I'm stuck with Heavy Iron Armour right now, and i would much rather have the level 27 GC Tank Armour.

WolvenOne

Anyone know how to mkak minions/pets not show up on the ps3 version? They're killing my FATES !

Seeing as a lot of these can be active participants in a battle, I'd be shocked if they could be disabled.

For me though, turning off NPC shadows is what made crazier fates playable for me. Which, might not be an option on the PS3.

Hmm.. I'm trying to get a promotion in my GC from Chief Serpent Sergeant (Twin Adders) and it's telling me I need to complete the second hunting log (done) and complete a quest on behalf of the commander but there is no such quest. Are the ranks capped or something?

Hmm.. I'm trying to get a promotion in my GC from Chief Serpent Sergeant (Twin Adders) and it's telling me I need to complete the second hunting log (done) and complete a quest on behalf of the commander but there is no such quest. Are the ranks capped or something?
Finish the story, it will then open up a quest line for your GC that requires you to beat Ardapor iirc. That's where I'm at now.

zugzug

heh this will be the second MMO I won't be in the GAF guild cuz of the terribibad responses I got when sending tells to people in the GAF guild.

Rimshot

How does the stat allocation work?

If I begin as a pugilist, and put the stat points on stats better for the pugilist, will those points return to me if I switch class? Or will my character always be gimped on the magic side if I make it a good brawler?

How does the stat allocation work?

If I begin as a pugilist, and put the stat points on stats better for the pugilist, will those points return to me if I switch class? Or will my character always be gimped on the magic side if I make it a good brawler?

Each class gets their own points when they level up, so you don't need to worry about gimping yourself, except maybe for arcanist/scholar/summoner, I don't know how those work yet.

MogCakes

Finally in.

Sir_Mogcakes_08_31_2013_02_18_09.png

^
Sir Mogcakes on Ultros.

hertog

IT'sjsut too bad that I've got too much work to really enjoy this game.
I'm a lvl 15 lancer right now, but I;m thinking about starting over and begin by doing all the story missions.

MogCakes

Given that the post right after mine is someone saying they just got in. I am going to assume they are not down and instead just having issues.

Ok time to keep hammering at it until it works!

It's the traffic. There are a massive amount of people trying to log in now that it's the weekend.

Picked Conjurer because I thought I'd get sweet summons. Turns out I'm a healer.

Well fuck.

Thankfully I actually enjoy healing so it worked out. Definitely enjoying the healer instant dungeon queues.

Rimshot

Each class gets their own points when they level up, so you don't need to worry about gimping yourself, except maybe for arcanist/scholar/summoner, I don't know how those work yet.

And this carries through when getting a new job? For example of Monk would have had a different main stat.

Thank you for your answer :)

Dunan

So my question now is Thunder viable at all for Thaumaturge? I heard that they nerfed it from the beta and it doesn't stack. Is this at all true and is it even worth using now

Thunder has very little attack power, but it causes the enemy's HP to slowly decrease, just like the poisoned arrow that the Archer shoots (same default button), so lead with Thunder and then switch to one of the other elements. When the Thunder icon up at the top of the screen reaches zero, the HP-down effect will be over, so then you might want to fire another bolt at the enemy.

I've found it pretty convenient to take an enemy down to 5-10% of their HP and then just walk away and get started on the next enemy, confident that the poison/HP-down effect will finish the enemy off even if I'm not still fighting it.

Esura

Banned
Solo is starting to become annoying as a Conjurer, I'm glad I unlocked this Duty Finder thing. Could I use this thing for story mode quests?

Teletraan1

Banned
Healed Garuda and it was pretty challenging and fun. I was getting really low on mana when she died. Thank the Twelve she died when she did. That cut scene afterwards was amazing. I love where this is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom