• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo is starting to become annoying as a Conjurer, I'm glad I unlocked this Duty Finder thing. Could I use this thing for story mode quests?

Really? I think the class is fun as solo. At least I have an option for killing enemies. It is a struggle in battles with multiple enemies but if you're smart, you can manage. Though I do enjoy having a friend as an ally.

TheContact

Could I use this thing for story mode quests?

Yeah in fact the only way to get in dungeons is to queue for them. Each dungeon has a portal outside its location, but touching it just brings up the duty finder window. There's no "walking into instances" like in other MMOs--there's a physical location for these dungeons but can't be entered unless you use duty finder

Anyone have a PC key they're looking to sell?

Check the B/S/T thread - I've seen a few GAF'ers selling keys.

Now that I'm level 11 should I be worrying about professions? Sorry for WoW speak it's what I am used to haha.

You should focus on your main class first - get it up to 30, then dabble in other DD/Tank/Healer/Crafting classes. You can switch to any class you want now, but I recommend just sticking with your main class for now.

Naar

Is this game the same as XI where it was party focused? I know it's solo friendly now, but is there a large focus on parties still?

froliq

Is this game the same as XI where it was party focused? I know it's solo friendly now, but is their a large focus on parties still?

The story does force you to do grouped content at certain points. The game does have a duty finder like World of Warcraft's dungeon/raid finder, if you're familiar with that.

gribbles

Banned
Ugh, fuck leavers. Was just doing Brayflox, we got to the second boss, wiped only ONCE, then the dickhead healer just up and quits. At least give it a few shots before calling it quits.

-_-

Audioboxer

Check the B/S/T thread - I've seen a few GAF'ers selling keys.

You should focus on your main class first - get it up to 30, then dabble in other DD/Tank/Healer/Crafting classes. You can switch to any class you want now, but I recommend just sticking with your main class for now.

I meant the gathering/crafting jobs. Not sure how they work, is it like WoW where you gather materials and then level them up?

Naar

The story does force you to do grouped content at certain points. The game does have a duty finder like World of Warcraft's dungeon/raid finder, if you're familiar with that.

I was mostly referring to leveling up? I rather level up in a party

I meant the gathering/crafting jobs. Not sure how they work, is it like WoW where you gather materials and then level them up?

I've only done Carpentry, where I synthesize items that I've acquired to make other equipment. You can level up crafting classes by completing your crafting log, tradecraft and fieldcraft leves. The more you level up, the more advanced items and equipment you can make. There is a class where you can meld items into armor as well as repair armor (Blacksmith and Goldsmith).

I was mostly referring to leveling up? I rather level up in a party

You can group up and just kill random mobs out in the field, or farm FATEs and re-do dungeons for equipment drops.

putarorex

I was able to log on around 3 p.m. today Japan time after about 10 tries. I thought about creating a new character when I first couldn't get on with my beta character, but all the servers in Japan were not accepting new characters. Does that mean all servers were full at that time or do they cap the number of characters that can be made on one server?

I'm seriously considering even bothering playing this game anymore. In the past 1 1/2 hours I've gotten 90000 error 3 times. I literally just logged in than 30 secs later...90000

Rafterman

Banned
I'm torn between one character being jack of all trades and two being more specialized. The general consensus is that there is no need for multiple characters, but I think having two separate rest pools as well as double the amount of leves, quests, both regular and story, available at any given time is compelling.

Decisions, decisions...

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I'm torn between one character being jack of all trades and two being more specialized. The general consensus is that there is no need for multiple characters, but I think having two separate rest pools as well as double the amount of leves, quests, both regular and story, available at any given time is compelling.

Decisions, decisions...
I want a magic based alt too. I know I don't have to, but my current Dragoon retraining as a Thaumaturge or something doesn't seem right to me. Gonna be making a new character on PS4 anyway so might wait till then.

Tc91

I love saturday mornings. It feels so great to turn the PC on, click on the game and start playing, no queues, no errors, nothing.

Was surprised to see all the servers lit up after trying for ages last night to get on to start my character.

Been playing for a few hours, I'm hooked. Great game.

world is full? this is odd. haven't been following the thread, but does this mean ffxiv is somehow wildly popular, or is SE just screwing up and having server problems.

I love saturday mornings. It feels so great to turn the PC on, click on the game and start playing, no queues, no errors, nothing.

fucking someone with mumble help mumble bullshit?

Oh great, now the game cannot even update the NA/EU world list.

FFS Square.

Error 2002? Seriously? Sorry to annoy all the white knights, but these guys suck. =/

why can't i connect to the Mumble server!?

world is full? this is odd. haven't been following the thread, but does this mean ffxiv is somehow wildly popular, or is SE just screwing up and having server problems.

Welp...

Gritesh

I'm almost at the end of my rope here, I think I'm about to cut my losses and say screw it I lost out on 30 bucks..

I haven't really got to play all week yet, and now Saturday morning I cant even update the world list for NA/EU

Does anyone else have trouble staying connected to this game? I was able to stay on fine earlier in the week. Now when I get on, I seriously get 90000 error like a few minutes after I'm in. It's so annoying.

TheContact

wow so I go to log in this morning and the JP server list is down and I get put in a queue of 1 for Ultros, took a second to log in on a Saturday morning. Not bad.

wow so I go to log in this morning and the JP server list is down and I get put in a queue of 1 for Ultros, took a second to log in on a Saturday morning. Not bad.

I hope I get in that easily one hour from now.

Y'know, despite all of the errors this game has been having since EA, I've always managed to get in somehow. Patience and timing is key, I'd say. The longest I had to wait to get in, even at peak hours, was 15 minutes of mashing the 0 on the numpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom