• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Is there anyway to get a class/job to save your armour configuration?

Switching between Lancer and Botanist has me naked and having to manually equip armour each time I change. Bit annoying.

Looks like the weekend errors are happening again. I left my character idling last night for this very reason.
And no I'm not on Ultros so I'm not taking up a GAF spot. :p

dramatis

Is there anyway to get a class/job to save your armour configuration?

Switching between Lancer and Botanist has me naked and having to manually equip armour each time I change. Bit annoying.
Go to Character screen, there's 2 buttons above your character on the screen that say something related to 'Gear Set'.

You can save a gear set, put it on your hotbar, and switch on the go. Just remember whenever you update your equipment you also have to save it to the gear set.

Tendo

Got up early to login before the herd - servers are down.

I've never been more pissed at an mmo launch. This is ridiculous.

sky

Anyone know if the game actually checks the servers again when you click Start, on the title screen?

It feels like it only checks once, when you launch the game. I 've never had any luck spamming just the start button.

Anteater

Even at 4am the lobby was crapping out, but I had no problem logging in when I could get it to load, no queues, I don't want to know what it's like now though, I hope I don't crash...

Audioboxer

Go to Character screen, there's 2 buttons above your character on the screen that say something related to 'Gear Set'.

You can save a gear set, put it on your hotbar, and switch on the go. Just remember whenever you update your equipment you also have to save it to the gear set.

Thanks!

akaoni

Banned
Had some weird issue right now where I would click 'Start' and no characters would show up at all, no option to select world. Restarting client just 3-4 times and I'm in. Seems it's safe to drop your game if you're up early enough, fortunately that's 2pm~ for me.

aceface

Seems that like last night it's the login servers that are having the issue. Maybe try to exit the game and reload until the server list comes up?

Boogdud

This launch is something else. I haven't seen an mmo with a launch this clustered for years.

Pretty disappointing, hopefully they'll get it sorted out. I haven't even been able to play one time since getting it 2 days ago.

I mean, if trying to log in at 8am est on a saturday doesn't get me by, wth will? yeesh.

antitrop

This launch is something else. I haven't seen an mmo with a launch this clustered for years.

Pretty disappointing, hopefully they'll get it sorted out. I haven't even been able to play one time since getting it 2 days ago.
Heh, I've had the game for 7 days now and I'm Level 10.

Tendo

Anyone go the summoner route so far? I love summon classes but not sure how summoner plays in this game so far. Not really wanting to go scholar if it stinks but I will if I have to.

ampere

The "START" option is grayed out for me this morning then I get "The lobby server connection has encountered an error. 2002"

sadface

Gritesh

I just kept trying this morning and after about 30 minutes of logging out and back in the servers repopulated, the server is definitely busy so something is up.

DarkKyo

No point in me even trying, I see character creation is pretty much eliminated everywhere now.

I think if you're tenacious enough.... Also weekday mornings seem to be a good time for character creation, I find. My GF was able to create her character at 6:30 AM the other day on a decently high pop server lol.

inter

I think if you're tenacious enough.... Also weekday mornings seem to be a good time for character creation, I find. My GF was able to create her character at 6:30 AM the other day lol.

I was able to create a character at 6:30 AM yesterday morning on a previously locked server too. :)

Mendrox

Welp, cannot do anything when I press start. Everything dead for me. :-(

Soundtrack is awesome, I found it on youtube (every track including Odin FATE etc.)
Con Altima is my favourite

Bento

36 WHM, 33 BTN, 33 Weaver and 15 ACN atm

Want to level the Arcanist to 30 but I'm wondering what would be the best way to do so? I've done most of the quests up to 36, dungeon queues as DD are too long to use exclusively and leves I'm saving up to use as Botanist. So is it possible to level with Fates and Hunting Logs as your primary experience source with the occasional dungeon run thrown in for good measure? Or is that going to drive me insane? :p

Vashetti

Banned
Obviously can't play right now because the game's shit the bed, but got a quick question.

I've got WHM to 40, ACN to 15 and THM to 11.

Is it worth levelling ACN and THM higher than that? Any worthwhile cross-class skills I could get for my WHM?

Bento

Obviously can't play right now because the game's shit the bed, but got a quick question.

I've got WHM to 40, ACN to 15 and THM to 11.

Is it worth levelling ACN and THM higher than that? Any worthwhile cross-class skills I could get for my WHM?
Swiftcast from THM seems really useful, level 26 though. ACN has Eye for an Eye at 34.

I have a question about game progression. I'm starting to grow a little bored with this city I started in and I assume you end up going to other locations as your progress through the story. But I'm having trouble figuring out which quests are the MAIN quests. Are those the quests you see out in the field with the exclamation marks on steroids? (Heh, don't know how else to describe them)

I know its probably a silly complaint but god damn do i hate the amount of backtracking in this game.

"okay i need you to travel across the map to deliver this item to this guy and then come back here so I can send you to look at this rock and then come back here so you can go to this other place and drop off a thing so you can come back here"

This is shit wow did at launch and I thought mmos got over this in the last 9 years

oh well

I have a question about game progression. I'm starting to grow a little bored with this city I started in and I assume you end up going to other locations as your progress through the story. But I'm having trouble figuring out which quests are the MAIN quests. Are those the quests you see out in the field with the exclamation marks on steroids? (Heh, don't know how else to describe them)

Yeah, the main story quests are those with the "flame" around them.

Start is greyed out, lobby connection error.

I know its probably a silly complaint but god damn do i hate the amount of backtracking in this game.

"okay i need you to travel across the map to deliver this item to this guy and then come back here so I can send you to look at this rock and then come back here so you can go to this other place and drop off a thing so you can come back here"

This is shit wow did at launch and I thought mmos got over this in the last 9 years

oh well

Why would you have thought that? MMOs 9 years from now will still be largely the same.

Bento

I can pretty much gather what Swiftcast does from the name, but would you care to detail what each one does? :)
Swiftcast = Allows you to instacast one spell, the buff has a 15 sec duration.
Eye for an Eye = Creates a barrier around a target with a 20% chance to reduce damage by 10% lasts like 30 seconds or something

Vashetti

Banned
Swiftcast = Allows you to instacast one spell, the buff has a 15 sec duration.
Eye for an Eye = Creates a barrier around a target with a 20% chance to reduce damage by 10% lasts like 30 seconds or something

Wow they both sound amazing.

Swiftcast would give you instant Raise, correct?

Both seem pretty essential for a good WHM.

Princepeach

Neo Member
Anyone know how to make minions/pets not show up on the ps3 version? They're killing my FATES !

I see this question pop up a lot, and I am here with an answer that doesn't involve changing your targeting settings in the menu.

Hold L2 or R2 + L1/R1. You can cycle enemies only from closest to farthest or vice versa. This has been a life saver for me in crowded FATEs.

(Been lurkin, first time poster. I registered just for this thread. Also hi! Look up Entelechy Fuff on Excalibur. I welcome harassment.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom