• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

centracore

Now I'm getting error 2002, this might be the best one yet as it boots me all the way back to my desktop and I have to log in / sit through the ESRB and Square Enix logos.. Now that I think about it, does anyone know a way to disable or skip those?

I couldn't see any of that on the PS3 version last night.

Disabled loads of effect settings and I still couldn't see Odin or the majority of players. Lags like a motherfucker too.

Odin and Behemoth FATEs are completely unplayable for PS3 owners.
Large fates like that are an issue on maximum setting PCs too. Behemoth was phasing in and out of existence the entire time I fought him.
I'm guessing that the game prioritizes displaying player characters over enemies, even incredibly important ones like fate bosses lol.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Durandel is madddd full. Just waiting to get on, this is like the only day I can play to my hearts content for more than an hour.

Start is greyed out, lobby connection error.

Why would you have thought that? MMOs 9 years from now will still be largely the same.

mostly a non issue during TBC and by Wrath it was gone completely

I dont remember much of it in Tera, and TOR had remote quest turn ins/new quest pick ups

It's been a non issue for a while

I couldn't see any of that on the PS3 version last night.

Disabled loads of effect settings and I still couldn't see Odin or the majority of players. Lags like a motherfucker too.

Odin and Behemoth FATEs are completely unplayable for PS3 owners.

Glad to know it isn't just me. It has something to do with the game then. This is disappointing. I'm around level 25 and even FATEs at this level are almost unplayable unless I get there a minute or so in advance.

Large groups just phase in and out and I can't see any enemies.

Start is greyed out, lobby connection error.

Why would you have thought that? MMOs 9 years from now will still be largely the same.

Most MMO's in the past 9 years have launched in better shape than this and learned how to anticipate a launch. Worst we usually see anymore is some queue issues in games but that just means waiting in line to get in. Any hiccups are a few hours to a day or two at most, while this has been week of just shit.

Amneisac

This launch really is a hot mess. I know every game launch always feels like the worst, but this is pretty atrocious. I've been trying to play with a friend and we've yet to be able to. This morning I'm signed in, but now he can't get in because of the lobby issues. I think he's finally given up.

I'm also much less forgiving than I normally would be since this is already a fucking relaunch of a badly botched game, so you think they'd actually try to do something right this time. It doesn't matter how good the game is, if I can't play it before 9/9 (and I'm about ready to give up trying) I'm certainly not going to give them anymore money after dropping $75 for the LE at launch.

What a mess. Seriously disappointed in SE.

Doodlebug

They really need settings to phase out the number of actors on screen, letting you set the conditions and prioritise when/what you want to see. The sheer number of players concentrated in some areas is clearly reducing performance for a lot of people. Rendering them all is adding nothing to their experience of the environment.

Now I'm getting error 2002, this might be the best one yet as it boots me all the way back to my desktop and I have to log in / sit through the ESRB and Square Enix logos.. Now that I think about it, does anyone know a way to disable or skip those?

I'm having the same issue. Lobby Error 2002 over and over and it crashes the client.

Aeana

I expected it to be pretty bad this weekend, although I didn't expect the lobby server to go down, which makes it hard to even run a script to try to log in.

Aeana

what kind of script do you use that doesn't cancel out if you get into the queue?
My script checks the screen for the queue window and cancels if it finds it. AutoHotKey has a handy ImageSearch function that makes this really easy.
Another option is to use PixelGetColor to check whether an area of the screen is black or not, because if you get an error, the background is always black, but if you get into a queue, it remains the blue/purpley colors.

inter

My script checks the screen for the queue window and cancels if it finds it. AutoHotKey has a handy ImageSearch function that makes this really easy.
Another option is to use PixelGetColor to check whether an area of the screen is black or not, because if you get an error, the background is always black, but if you get into a queue, it remains the blue/purpley colors.

Any chance you'd be willing to share? I was going to try to do the same, but I can't find a screenshot of the queue window to work off of.

Really? Tera didn't seem to be that different. I didn't give TOR much time, but it seemed to fit the mold as well.

Their games worked at launch. You simply had to wait in a queue to play. And most games like TOR quickly opened up extra servers right away. They didn't wait more than a week to add servers and they had actual queue systems and afk kicking built in.

vehn

do you have to completely finish the main quest to do end game stuff? Or, what benefits end game does finishing main quest give you

Ultrabum

How many kraken clubs did you get in ffxi using those skills? :p

Aeana

This is way too much of a hassle with the one-time password set up with my account. Definitely not messing around with this all day. Maybe the lobby server will be fixed later.

Kyoufu

This is way too much of a hassle with the one-time password set up with my account. Definitely not messing around with this all day. Maybe the lobby server will be fixed later.

I disabled all that security token/one-time password malarkey.

Aeana

I finally got my character to show up. Some observations: if you get past the start option, but your character doesn't load, it seems that you have to restart the client for it to ever actually try again. The flip-side of this is that once you get connected to the character list and your character shows up, it'll always show up every time you try [as long as the client stays open], so then you're free to do the usual login dance with numpad 0 for as long as you like without worrying about not being able to get the character list again.

maybe 30 minutes of play time until my CNJ is 30, then its time to level up ACN. I plan on unlocking the scholar too as both heal styles sound helpful, and less people seem to be chasing it.

I tried to hit 30 last night but was just burning out quite a bit.

Really enjoying my time with the game, it feels very complete at the moment which is a great sign of things to come.

ampere

I got into Ultros earlier today and decided I didn't like how my character looked... big mistake lol.

Looks like I'm in again, should probably just stay logged in.

Vashetti

Banned
Dunno if it's been posted, but sorting for the inventory is coming: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...Additional-View-Options?p=1120239#post1120239

stanley2.gif

Clipse

So I hit 20 last night and haven't gotten any quest to choose a GC. Was I not supposed to ignore every dungeon quest I've gotten so far?

Vashetti

Banned
So I hit 20 last night and haven't gotten any quest to choose a GC. Was I not supposed to ignore every dungeon quest I've gotten so far?

GC is part of the main story.

Getting introduced to and going through certain dungeons furthers the main story.

You dun goofed.

daveo42

Banned
DC'd several times and now I can't get back in...and it looks like JP servers are down. Makes it difficult to spam 0 to try and log back in.

Yeah. Do the dungeon quests, at the very end you get your retainer, and that's as far as i've gone. The story's supposed to introduce you to all this stuff by 30.

Maybe someone can help me, I got booted from the server somehow with a 90k error and now when I try to log back in it says I'm still logged on and to wait for the logout process to complete. But if there is no afk timer then how will this work at all..

Eusis

I disabled all that security token/one-time password malarkey.
I was going to do the same especially as it seems extraordinarily less likely with the PS3 version and its circumstances (no keyloggers on PS3, sub seems to be bound to the same PSN only) but once I saw it'd permanently disable my token I decided against it. Not really interested in making that just a plastic novelty for some short term convenience when it IS operating as intended.

And a pain to get in ALREADY... Well, I guess today might be a good day to catch up on Xillia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom