• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So playing right now probablyi sn't going to happen. Guess today's out. Wedding in a couple hours.

I was able to make a character there this morning. However, it is very hit or miss, still tons of instability. Slim chance of making a char there

So you're telling me there's a chance!

Sweet. Was hoping to get my brother in on the game this weekend but digital purchases are still offline.

dramatis

Maybe someone can help me, I got booted from the server somehow with a 90k error and now when I try to log back in it says I'm still logged on and to wait for the logout process to complete. But if there is no afk timer then how will this work at all..
They had this problem during open beta. So with early access, your character will only be logged in for about 10 min before booting it out. Try again afterwards.

(If the lobby servers every come back) I was thinking I'd try my first dungeon today, Satasha. I'm a 18 MRD, but I'm a little concerned about my ability to actually tank when in a group full of DPS spamming high damage skills. MRD has lots of skills that are +enmity, but are those going to hold the hate? Any tips?

Anno

Boo. Was able to create characters but now every time I log in I get a disconnect message. Guess I'll keep on trying.

(If the lobby servers every come back) I was thinking I'd try my first dungeon today, Satasha. I'm a 18 MRD, but I'm a little concerned about my ability to actually tank when in a group full of DPS spamming high damage skills. MRD has lots of skills that are +enmity, but are those going to hold the hate? Any tips?

I had zero issues as a GLD at that level. But i'd say go level GLD to 8 real quick so you have flash. The aoe taunt is invaluable. Good luck!

njean777

This is the worst launch I have ever seen for a game so far. Now I am not a huge MMO player, but to have to time when to log in and not be able to log out without having to worry that you will have to wait till 2am or early morning hours jut to be able to play the game again is just ridiculous. These launch issues are killing all hype for the game for me.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Connection lost in the middle of a main-quest event, I hope it doesn't fuck anything

This is the worst launch I have ever seen for a game so far. Now I am not a huge MMO player, but to have to time when to log in and not be able to log out without having to worry that you will have to wait till 2am or early morning hours jut to be able to play the game again is just ridiculous. These launch issues are killing all hype for the game for me.

I've played too many mmos to be bothered by this, it's not uncommon to have these sorts of issues during launch, but I can see why newcomers would be frustrated.

chrono01

Crap. So am I SOL or can I get those dungeon quests again when I level another job to the appropriate level?
You should be able to just go back and do the story quests on your main character. If you're at a higher level than the quest is, it will simply scale your level back if it needs to [before the event, in this case, the dungeons].

You shouldn't need to wait and do it with another class.

Crap. So am I SOL or can I get those dungeon quests again when I level another job to the appropriate level?

Did you just ignore the dungeon quests, or somehow cancel them? There shouldn't be any reason you can't go back and do them now, if it's a main story quest, you'll just get level synched?

potam

Banned

The problem mainly lies in the people you're grouping with. Even though I'm only a 28 gladiator right now, I have seen a definite improvement in the caliber of player in each dungeon. From what I've learned (and this is going on the assumption that I'm not a horrible tank), there isn't really snap agro control like in WoW, so if a DPS gets agro on a mob that you're not focused on, it's sometimes hard to get it back.

I'm not sure if marauders have an AoE argo skill, but on gladiator, here's usually what I do:

1. Shield Lob as I run up to the group to get the bonus enmity before the fight actually starts.

2. Once all the mobs in the room have gotten close, Flash (AoE taunt + blind).

3. I'll run through my combo chain, Fast Blade -> Savage Blade -> Rage of Halone, on my main target.

4. After every ~2 combos, I'll use Flash again.

I've never played a marauder before, so I don't know if that helps you at all. Basically, tanking is a lot harder in this game than WoW.

After hanging around in Limsa Lominsa and Ul'Dah, I had to buy the OST off Itunes. Such great music. I didn't know Uematsu was back for much of it.

It's also refreshing to be able to buy the entire soundtrack for $20 instead of importing a stupidly expensive JP CD for more than $50 plus shipping plus customs.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Stuck in 15th place on the queue...

edit: nvm I got in

...or not, got error 10102 when loading :(

Same thing happened to me.

I'll get in sometime today...

Edit: Now I'm getting 1017 before I actually see my characters on the selection screen. The fuck?

Mandoric

Banned
hearing that JP servers are starting to have trouble now...which NA servers have been having for a long time

JP servers have been getting hammered like this, at this time, daily. You're just noticing now because you're not home in the morning on weekdays.

Login's getting, predictably, fucked, because it's primetime for -all three regions at once-.

The problem mainly lies in the people you're grouping with. Even though I'm only a 28 gladiator right now, I have seen a definite improvement in the caliber of player in each dungeon. From what I've learned (and this is going on the assumption that I'm not a horrible tank), there isn't really snap agro control like in WoW, so if a DPS gets agro on a mob that you're not focused on, it's sometimes hard to get it back.

Coming from FFXI, I had a hell of a time getting used to WoW-style aggro. :lol
You definitely want to be out in front of your DPS, since your skills are built on building your own enmity rather than leapfrogging you to the top of the hate table.

Zafir

After hanging around in Limsa Lominsa and Ul'Dah, I had to buy the OST off Itunes. Such great music. I didn't know Uematsu was back for much of it.

It's also refreshing to be able to buy the entire soundtrack for $20 instead of importing a stupidly expensive JP CD for more than $50 plus shipping plus customs.
That's only the original XIV stuff isn't it? I haven't seen the soundtrack containing all the new tracks anywhere.

KePoW

Banned
I thought people said you could always get on in the mornings?

This is the first time I've tried and I still can't get on.

Eusis

I thought people said you could always get on in the mornings?

This is the first time I've tried and I still can't get on.
Probably because it's the weekend and now people just want to waste the whole day playing the game. A lot of them, deciding this at the same time.

Lain

Just woke up and found I can't even get into the lobby server. I was thinking (hoping?) that with the early access finished, I wouldn't have all that much problems getting to play today.

ferr

Late to the party, if I had FF14 (the CE even!) do I need to pay for realm reborn? For some reason I thought I would get some upgrade pass :\

notashin

Banned
None of you should be shocked that capacity issues get worse on the weekend.

I think this will be my first day where I just give up on trying to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom