• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found one of my favorite new areas in the game (East side of Eastern Thanalan):

ffxiv_08312013_1129220zbuy.png

ffxiv_08312013_113828vralr.png

Gorgeous.

Eusis

Just need my JP server list to show up. Got booted transitioning out of Tam-Tara.
Incidentally this is actually part of why I haven't been trying too hard to get in right now whereas I would've at least put a few more minutes in before: that delay to check with JP servers and tell me "No can't load them" is slowing down any attempts to log in, at least before there was that factor of being able to try again nigh-instantly.

Zafir

Late to the party, if I had FF14 (the CE even!) do I need to pay for realm reborn? For some reason I thought I would get some upgrade pass :\
No, you get the digital deluxe edition of ARR free with 14 days game time if you had the original CE.

Seth

Anyone record gameplay from this game? I was able to throughout all of beta just fine and now when i look at the recording it looks like it plays in 5 fps. Haven't changed anything with how I record, just seems ever since launch it has been broken. I am using fraps, and have tried a couple other things as well all with the same result. Don't seem to have a problem in any other games.

gillty

Banned
Late to the party, if I had FF14 (the CE even!) do I need to pay for realm reborn? For some reason I thought I would get some upgrade pass :
1.0 owners can play until the 9th, just download the client and log in. They've stated due to server issues they'll be adding more time for everyone, although details are unknown atm.

Vestal

The problem mainly lies in the people you're grouping with. Even though I'm only a 28 gladiator right now, I have seen a definite improvement in the caliber of player in each dungeon. From what I've learned (and this is going on the assumption that I'm not a horrible tank), there isn't really snap agro control like in WoW, so if a DPS gets agro on a mob that you're not focused on, it's sometimes hard to get it back.

I'm not sure if marauders have an AoE argo skill, but on gladiator, here's usually what I do:

1. Shield Lob as I run up to the group to get the bonus enmity before the fight actually starts.

2. Once all the mobs in the room have gotten close, Flash (AoE taunt + blind).

3. I'll run through my combo chain, Fast Blade -> Savage Blade -> Rage of Halone, on my main target.

4. After every ~2 combos, I'll use Flash again.

I've never played a marauder before, so I don't know if that helps you at all. Basically, tanking is a lot harder in this game than WoW.
I would sub #4 with the following.

fast blade-> savage blade on main then rage on 2nd target. Flash then fast blade on 3rd and finish off combo on main target.

Clipse

You should be able to just go back and do the story quests on your main character. If you're at a higher level than the quest is, it will simply scale your level back if it needs to [before the event, in this case, the dungeons].

You shouldn't need to wait and do it with another class.
Is Sastasha the first of the dungeon quests? I still have it sitting in my quest log I think.

Also, is this the reason why I've had trouble finding new quests hubs? Since I've been ignoring dungeon quests?

Thanks for the help all!

chrono01

Is Sastasha the first of the dungeon quests? I still have it sitting in my quest log I think.

Also, is this the reason why I've had trouble finding new quests hubs? Since I've been ignoring dungeon quests?

Thanks for the help all!
Yep, Satasha is the first dungeon. I'm not sure how many quests open up due to completing Main Story events [since I've been doing them along with the Side-Quests], but it is possible that's why you haven't found new quests.

It's worth a try, for sure.

Eusis

We said, wait until Early Access is over and wait until the data servers are up in a week or two. Now we're up to a month haha.
I kind of expect a combination of the free riders being gone, more servers next week, and perhaps some people even straight up giving up will end up making it more reasonable to get on in the end (especially if they can patch in a solid queue system that doesn't also murder instances), but right now this is definitely looking to be the roughest weekend yet.

Logged in, tried to get in the game but got hit by the 10102 error, Start greyed out, idled a bit then got hit by 2002. Logged in again because well fuck it, and now the JP servers are listed rather than NA/EU. Yeah, I think this day's a write off.

VariantX

Game crashed on me when I Alt-Tabbed out to read up a little on Thousand Maws..tried to log back in, cant even select the start option now half the time, the other times i just get in then get 10102 errors... great.

Zafir

I'm pretty sure a good number of hubs unlock with story quests. In some cases I'd been to the area not that long before(Not even got a level) and there wasn't any quests, but suddenly they all popped up when I was asked to go there for story.

potam

Banned
I would sub #4 with the following.

fast blade-> savage blade on main then rage on 2nd target. Flash then fast blade on 3rd and finish off combo on main target.

Too complicated man. I mean, I'll do something like that if my DPS is really stupid and everyone is attacking something different, but I'm trying to make it as care-free and easy for me as possible.

And I know I'm jinxing myself, but I haven't really had any login issues lasting over 1 minute aside from the first day when I didn't realize the servers were down. Logged in yesterday at around 4:30 EST and had to sit through like an 18 person queue.

Lucis

So glad I have a stable connection. I haven't logged off since I came back to play sunday night other than the one time they did server restart...

I tried the sunken temple yesterday, I have to say that's the first dungeon with some challenge in it in the game. Titan is a joke.

Got in. GPU crashed. Now I'm back in the 2002, 1017, 5006, 90000, and 10102 loop. Oh, and unable to find NA/EU worlds occasionally. I think I have seen every possible error combination this game has in the past 2 hours.

I kind of expect a combination of the free riders being gone, more servers next week, and perhaps some people even straight up giving up will end up making it more reasonable to get on in the end (especially if they can patch in a solid queue system that doesn't also murder instances), but right now this is definitely looking to be the roughest weekend yet.

Logged in, tried to get in the game but got hit by the 10102 error, Start greyed out, idled a bit then got hit by 2002. Logged in again because well fuck it, and now the JP servers are listed rather than NA/EU. Yeah, I think this day's a write off.

Anybody that was expecting things to get significantly better by the end of Early Access was kidding themselves to begin with. Even with the new servers in the next week or so, the problems we're having are only going to be mitigated, not solved. The devs simply underestimated the initial player-base they were going to have. I can understand that to an extent, but when you're granting a free trial month on top of the free two week period (plus whatever they're possibly going to add to 'compensate' the irritated), everybody, their friend, and their friends' children will be taking up space. This congestion is a problem that's only going to fade slowly as people lose interest, get angry enough to write this off as indicative of the game's quality, and the biggest---run into the inevitable paywall.

Yeah. 10102 is way worse then the others login errors. You can't even spam A for a chance to login now.. :/

Mine likes to load my character, let me see the loading screen with the moogle for about 2-3 minutes, then throws a 10102. When it boots me to the menu, sometimes the start option will not load after the 10102 and it throws a 2002 (or 5006) and shuts down the client. Love typing that one-time password.

Eusis

Honestly, all this talk of crashes make me kinda glad I stuck with PS3. Sure, I'd get a crazy boost in performance as Beta quite readily showed, but at the cost of stability (I DID get at least one crash in beta) and combined with the issues with logging in that doesn't seem like a situation I want to be in. Hopefully by the time the PC version can be gotten for $10 or less they'll smooth this out, or the PS4 version will perform about the same or better as my PC would've and it'd be a moot point.

Baleoce

Question. I have 12 days left of my pre-order code free game time. If I was to upgrade to the digital collectors edition, would the 30 free days I get from that get added to my existing 12 for a total of 42, or would it just overwrite it and make it 30? So basically, should I wait to upgrade, or just do it now.

Kemal86

Question. I have 12 days left of my pre-order code free game time. If I was to upgrade to the digital collectors edition, would the 30 free days I get from that get added to my existing 12 for a total of 42, or would it just overwrite it and make it 30? So basically, should I wait to upgrade, or just do it now.

I had 12 days of free time left for being a PC1.0 subscriber.

I activated the code from my PS3 version, and now I have 42 days. So at least I'm that case, it stacks.

NeOak

Got in. GPU crashed. Now I'm back in the 2002, 1017, 5006, 90000, and 10102 loop. Oh, and unable to find NA/EU worlds occasionally. I think I have seen every possible error combination this game has in the past 2 hours.

Your GPU seems to be a rebel now. Is ARR the only game it gives you problems with?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Not really. You lose a fair bit of performance compared to exclusive fullscreen.
No disparity here. I mean, I know some people lose frames in windowed, but I've never experienced it.

In FFXIV it's better, even. I get stuttering in fullscreen while it's totally smooth windowed.

I've never played any games outside of full screen. What are the advantages of full screen windowed?
Instant, entirely stable alt-tabbing. As easy as it is with any other windowed program but looks fullscreen when you maximise it. Some people get a performance drop though.

KePoW

Banned
Not really. You lose a fair bit of performance compared to exclusive fullscreen.

Everybody's computer is different, but on my system I don't lose any performance (if any, it's less than 5 fps difference). I've tested quite a bit with FRAPs

I do have a beefy system though.

Alur

I've spent an hour now getting NA servers cannot be found. Guess it figures as I've not had too much issue this past week so I can't really complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom