• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent an hour now getting NA servers cannot be found. Guess it figures as I've not had too much issue this past week so I can't really complain.

That happens for me if I try to log in directly after getting an error. Gotta close and reopen the client then it normally lets me right back to character selection screen so you can view an error again.

chrono01

If can't log in today, maybe I can actually start playing Tales of Xillia again. I've been neglecting it this past week thanks to a Realm Reborn. >_<

...I really want to play, though, but these issues doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

NeOak

Not really. You lose a fair bit of performance compared to exclusive fullscreen.

With a 7970 GE, its the same, give or take 1 or 2 frames. Only time performance dips is in fates and it never dips lower than 30 on High desktop (Maximum is not worth it IMO)

Alur

With a 7970 GE, its the same, give or take 1 or 2 frames. Only time performance dips is in fates and it never dips lower than 30 on High desktop (Maximum is not worth it IMO)

I haven't hit lag or a dip yet with full screen windowed, either. Never even bothered to go back full screen because of it, it's nice.

That happens for me if I try to log in directly after getting an error. Gotta close and reopen the client then it normally lets me right back to character selection screen so you can view an error again.

Yeah, now I'm getting 10102's. I feel like I belong!

Your GPU seems to be a rebel now. Is ARR the only game it gives you problems with?

Yep, only FFXIV. There are other users with the same issue according to the Nvidia boards and other sites, including the official FFXIV forums. I've tried every driver from 314.22 up to the 326.80 beta drivers. Ugh.

It usually only happens when I first start playing. Once I get past that first hour or so, I'm usually good for the rest of the day.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So... I have two gameplay questions (i am kinda slow at picking up games these days it seems):

1) THM.... I Blizzard people. Bam! Umbral Ice! I then transpose to Fireball and BAM! Umbral Fire. Big damage. Then switch back to ICE..... is that how should I go with that?

2) I am only a THM right now. May go Black Mage when the time comes. I do have a question regarding the Weavers... Miners... etc. Are those classes "optional" in a sense? Like they are a sub-class or are they fully fledged classes? I don't know if I am explaining myself right here :p

Shouta

Also, this is for Ferrio but you can buy crafting gear from merchant & menders at the outposts for that appropriate level. You can also look them out if you need to so if it's still rare, you can get it that way.

Hmmm... it seems that the awesome city themes in ARR were actually composed new for this version. The ones on the soundtrack aren't nearly as great. Pity.

Vitanimus

So... I have two gameplay questions (i am kinda slow at picking up games these days it seems):

1) THM.... I Blizzard people. Bam! Umbral Ice! I then transpose to Fireball and BAM! Umbral Fire. Big damage. Then switch back to ICE..... is that how should I go with that?

2) I am only a THM right now. May go Black Mage when the time comes. I do have a question regarding the Weavers... Miners... etc. Are those classes "optional" in a sense? Like they are a sub-class or are they fully fledged classes? I don't know if I am explaining myself right here :p

1) Yep! Deal high damage with your fire spells, and then once you're low on MP, use transpose to Umbral Ice till you get your MP back.

2) They are both optional and fully fledged classes! Some gameplay elements, such as materia, won't be usable until you're level 20 in a crafting or gathering class.

zeitgeist

I use fire first since it is stronger and my MP is already full at the start of the fight. Fire is more for damage, Ice is to refill mp.
Go fire until MP is almost out, do transpose and use ice to refill magic, then transpose again or just start with fire again.

chrono01

1) Ideally you want to stack Astral Fire for damage so you go all-out until you start to get low on mana. At this point you transpose to Umbral Ice and cast ice spells until you regain your mana. Once Transpose becomes available again, Transpose back to Astral Fire and continue. There's things you can do along the way, and things change somewhat when you get Fire III/Blizzard III [since this has the ability to switch between Fire/Ice and stacking the appropriate element upon doing so], but that's basically your rotation for early levels. You might want to toss a Thunder on an enemy if you have free-time [maybe waiting for Transpose to go off CD?] and Fire II/Blizzard II for AoE if you need to. Obviously Sleep any enemy that mind give you [or your party] trouble.

2) They're Professions and are optional, although they help out quite a bit. You can obtain all of them [after doing their initial Level 1 quests] so it's worth it just to have them. It will definitely benefit your character in the end.

RoyalFool

Banned
Bit late to the show, finally got around to giving the PS3 version a whirl and I'm enjoying it so far, playing an MMO in bed is definitely the best way to play!

I'm finding it quite difficult to grasp the basics compared to say WoW, it feels like it's far too easy to wander off and get off course early on. I think I've somehow managed to get to lvl 10 without even finishing the beginning quests/tutorials. Then the names are so abstract that it's hard to even figure out where I need to return to, wish they suffixed a few of the starting locations with 'market', 'shops', 'guild' etc so I knew which crystal to warp to.

dino1980

I have two problems and wondering if you guys at gaf could answer me.

The first one is that ffxiv is the only game where i cant get sound throw my reciever. Have nvidia, has anyone have/had this problem.

The other thing is that I get alot of exe stopped working, is this common with this game?

Thanks in advance Tom

Tash

Just did Haukke Manor for the first time. What a great zone. Our Tank dced on the first trash mobs and we didn't find another one so we did the whole zone except the final boss with two rangers and me healing. Was the first time on the zone for all of us too. Thankfully a tank joined for the last boss.

What a fun experience!

ibkfHrG0MEzUDs.PNG

Aeana

Everybody's computer is different, but on my system I don't lose any performance (if any, it's less than 5 fps difference). I've tested quite a bit with FRAPs

I do have a beefy system though.
Well, triple buffering only works in exclusive fullscreen mode, so that alone makes a pretty big difference in the feel of the game.

Kosma

Banned
Game doesn't recognize my Nvidia 555, even forcin it through Manage 3D settings doesn't work.

This worked fine in the benchmark.

Really bad programming from SE.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
:Sigh:

PS3 still giving me serious visual issues. Now the graphics will entirely disappear regularly outside of the names of objects in the world and the UI overlay. Great when I am running an instance and suddenly the entire play area is pitch black except for the names of the monsters and my party. When I can see shit, everything is still flickering.

I tend to think it is more of a server connection issue than a hardware problem though, my PS3 just gives me no issues with any other game. May end up buying the PC game when sales start up again and then triple dipping on PS4 next year. Unless this game is making my PS3 overheat moreso than any other game which turns off the visuals as a safety precaution? Could just be this game pushes a much heftier load on the GPU/CPU than any other PS3 game which causes more overheating than say...Last of Us, and thus it shuts off the visuals or causes flickering as a safety precaution to avoid melting?

I just fear as my PC is kind of below the minimum specs. :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Did some of my first group content at level 13. This game is very fun. I like the not-too-frantic pace of its combat.

WolvenOne

Incidentally, the two settings I've found most useful for fates, are.

Shadow cascading: normal

Other players shadows: off

For me those two settings made a huge difference. Especially during fates and while riding on mounts.

FLEABttn

Banned
I tend to think it is more of a server connection issue than a hardware problem though, my PS3 just gives me no issues with any other game. May end up buying the PC game when sales start up again and then triple dipping on PS4 next year.

It really sounds like PS3 is on the way out man. That's how it works. The only game that gave my fat PS3 problems was FarCry 3. And then one day the system died.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
If I was to grab a cheap PS3 slim, how easy is it to switch out my current HDD and data into the new PS3? I am assuming it isn't so easy as just swapping drives like a simm card....

Tash

Got kicked out with the 90000 error and now the EU/NA Server list doesn't show again.

Argh..
Gives me time to setup some healer macros.

Finally figured out that <tt> does what I was looking for (either heals or dps on my targets targets).

/micon "Stone II"
/ac "Stone II" <tt>
/ac "Stone II" <t>
/wait 2
/ac "aero" <tt>
/ac "aero" <t>

Or my current oh shit button (not that high with WHM yet to have more spells to add..

/micon "Presence of Mind"
/ac "Presence of Mind"
/ac "Cure II" <tt>
/ac "Cure II" <t>
/wait 2
/ac Cure <tt>
/ac Cure <t>

Kemal86

Kind of bummed by the PS3 Trophies. They have 2 trophies for every single crafting/gathering class, but no trophies specific to the combat classes (aside from kill X mobs), not even trophies for unlocking jobs.

I'm not opposed to crafting trophies, I just wish the combat classes all had unique trophies as well.

It also looks like the Trophies are not cross-platform like the FFXI 360 achievements were. I didn't get any upon logging in to PS3 for the first time and it seems to have begin at 0 for tracking my fish caught, fates, mob kills, etc.

This might make the "Complete the main story" trophy missable if you play on PC and ps3. Not sure though.

Salaadin

I've got a Razr naga I've been using since the beginning of SWTOR for any MMO I've played. It's night and day. I couldn't do without it now.
I was looking at that one too. Im really trying to decide which is more comfy...the naga or the g600.

BLCKATK

Has anyone here completed Garuda hard? Someone in Free Company is saying that Garuda weapons don't drop from her. If so I'm really dissapointed.. Never got the chance to beat her in 1.0 so I was hoping this was my second chance.

Aesthet1c

Anyone using an MMO mouse for this? Thoughts?
I have my eyes on the G600. I need more buttons!

I also use a Razer Naga, and it's the greatest mouse I've ever owned. I can't compare it to the G600, but just having the extra buttons is such a godsend for MMO's and many other games.

Vashetti

Banned
If I was to grab a cheap PS3 slim, how easy is it to switch out my current HDD and data into the new PS3? I am assuming it isn't so easy as just swapping drives like a simm card....

There is a backup utility on the PS3 that will dump your entire PS3 HDD contents onto another HDD, you then plug this into your new PS3 and copy it all over.

Just putting your old HDD into the new PS3 will cause it to be wiped for security reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom