• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alur

I was looking at that one too. Im really trying to decide which is more comfy...the naga or the g600.

I've no experience with the other, but it was strange coming from a regular mouse. I got used to it fairly quickly, but yes a big part of it is if you can adjust to all 12 (or however many) buttons. For a bit I could only use 1-9 reliably.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Well, triple buffering only works in exclusive fullscreen mode, so that alone makes a pretty big difference in the feel of the game.
Really? How strange, vsync is still engaged in Windowed but it doesn't behave like it's double-buffered. I have the framerate locked at 40, which wouldn't work otherwise. Same goes for Borderlands 2, Planetside 2 and other games I can't remember. And I'd definitely notice either tearing or frame drops if they were present.

PC gaming!

Wow, this 10102 error is terrible. Doesn't allow me to continue to try or anything, just kicks me to title screen with the start button greyed out.

Why the fuck do I continue to log out...

never again.

Amneisac

Yup. Can't wait for those lessors to leave tbh

I really feel like you guys keep getting mad at the wrong people. People who are playing for 7 free days because they bought the original (shitty) game at launch, people who don't want to log out because the servers are fucked up.

You wouldn't be mad at either group of people if Square Enix wasn't completely incompetent and totally botched the launch of their game. It just bugs me to see people turning on other players when they just want to play the game.

Amneisac

Is anyone on who can invite to the overflow LS on Ultros? I have been accepted on the Web site.

Pablo Honey is my character's name.

Riposte

Just like yesterday I got 90000'd and now my character is stuck logged in. Was about to do a dungeon too. Guess it is better if it happens before I start.

Dineren

Banned
So far I had always been able to get in eventually when I tried, but I think I'll be giving up for now. Disappointing, but I guess I'll have to settle with the double exp weekend in Everquest.

Has there been any official word on just why queue's aren't a consistent thing and people are being forced to manually try again and again when getting "World is full" errors?

Eusis

Has there been any official word on just why queue's aren't a consistent thing and people are being forced to manually try again and again when getting "World is full" errors?
They had queues working properly the first few days, but instances were completely busted and given how much of the game is locked behind those (notably main story progression which by proxy unlocked more of what you could do) that wasn't going to work out.

Torquill

My understanding of how stuff is working.

If the client fails to get the world list due to load it caches this in some way, forcing a client reatart.

When a server reaches a certain user threshold it locks out all login attempts and doesnt even allow queueing.

When the server population goes under a certain amount (in guessing 500 less then max load) it allows logins again during this window is when we see queues.

If you fail after getting in a queue, its because the server filled up before gettinf to your spot in the queue.

I dont think they fully get what queues are for.

Varna

Ok, queue to 1017, that's new.

I don't think the rules apply anymore. Before when I managed to get into the queue I was almost certain that I would get in. If I tried to load up my character I might get a 2-3 second delay before I got 1017.

I've gotten into the queue three times and 1017 after waiting. I've had the game hang on the loading screen for 2-3 minutes only to kick me out and close the game.

Yeah I think it's a lost cause unless you get ultra lucky today. Best chance is wait for it to be really late in the day and log in, or get up at 3am and log in and never log out. Labor day weekend and all is going to make it brutal.

kiryogi

Banned
Today is the first day Sarg's been really bad for me.
Yah general na issues, but the message I was sending above was that overall, legacy has been relatively problem free.

And you're still on Sargatanas? Joining the free company or doing your own thing.

are they serious with this.

Dear Customer,

Due to the overwhelming volume of contacts received in regards to the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have regretfully been unable to respond to your request within the expected 48 hours. In order to prioritise time-sensitive issues, your ticket has been closed.
If your query is related to registration codes for a Square Enix Store purchase, please log in to the following site using your SQUARE ENIX Membership details to view your codes: http://sqex.to/ffxivcodes
If you have not yet found a resolution for your issue, we ask that you create another ticket after searching our Knowledge Base. Please also select the best category and sub-category pertaining to your issue.

We sincerely apologise for not responding to you in a more satisfactory manner and thank you for your patience & understanding.

Square Enix Support Centre Team

the problem was registering the CE into a new account and want it to transfer to main.

It's been reported before, the queue is just a jerk.

It just likes dashing hopes and dreams. Damn it, I want to hit 40 today.

On another note, is there a way to switch what hotkeys do what on your bars? I was thinking of switching bar 2 to alt+number instead of ctrl because it's easier for me to hit it.

notworksafe

Yeesh I won't be able to play for at least 1.5 hours...hopefully Sargatanas isn't too broken by then.

On another note, is there a way to switch what hotkeys do what on your bars? I was thinking of switching bar 2 to alt+number instead of ctrl because it's easier for me to hit it.
It's under Keybinds in the ESC menu.

Mandoric

Banned
Yah general na issues, but the message I was sending above was that overall, legacy has been relatively problem free.

And you're still on Sargatanas? Joining the free company or doing your own thing.

The core of my old 11 LS is putting something together, but I'm down to roll in general. Probably gonna start up an alt and put them in the FC once I get things sorted with my main.

Got in. Setup a dungeon group. GPU crashed again. 1017. FML.

I have had some GPU crashes with my 670 as well. Or major screw ups. SOmetimes my TV will just shut off, and when I come back there is no audio, the worst is when the screen goes black and I have to reset the compu, no ther games have given me this problem.

I have had some GPU crashes with my 670 as well. Or major screw ups. SOmetimes my TV will just shut off, and when I come back there is no audio, the worst is when the screen goes black and I have to reset the compu, no ther games have given me this problem.

Yep, exactly the same. MSI GTX 670 here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom