• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
which grand company is the most awesomenest?

The Immortal Flames

Kyojin420.jpg~original

Just look at his salute!!!

Well, I already have a character on Ultros, I've been doing the usual [through early access] keep trying to log in while words are full, so I know the deal already. Gotten used to the 10-45 minute waits to play.

I tried getting into the server for the past 3 hours, but no luck. The closest I got was a queue of 500+ players, but then "connection was lost".

Aeana

How can I input japanese text?
(Don't wanna switch the whole UI...)
Set your default input to Japanese before you start the game, then when you're in a text box, hit alt+~ to toggle Japanese input, and again to toggle back to alphabet input.

If you don't want to set it as default, and you already have Japanese set up as a possible input, you can use alt+shift to switch between them IIRC.

So all of a sudden my controller is not working for this game. I'm on PC, and I've tested it with other games and it works fine with them. I'm using motioninjoy, and its been fine up to this point. Any ideas what happened/how to fix it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. Had to disconnect the controller while it was still on so that the game knew it wasn't connected anymore, and then I could reconnect it. Weird.

chrono01

Sounds great to me.

I really feel bad for Yoshi-P. He [and his team] created such an incredible product that was basically brought to its knees because of server issues. Yes, they could have planned for more people playing, but considering how much 1.0 failed I can see why they didn't think it wise to spend a massive amount of money on numerous servers in-case the process repeated itself.

I'm glad to see that so many people are interested in the game, even despite the login/servers problems. It definitely shows a passion and willingness to continue with the game, which is good news, considering how amazing it is.

I know I've already subscribed for 180 days. I'm definitely invested.

^Field gear is for crafters and ups your success rate, I think

Sounds great to me.

I really feel bad for Yoshi-P. He [and his team] created such an incredible product that was basically brought to its knees because of server issues. Yes, they could have planned for more people playing, but considering how much 1.0 failed I can see why they didn't think it wise to spend a massive amount of money on numerous servers in-case the process repeated itself.

I'm glad to see that so many people are interested in the game, even despite the login/servers problems. It definitely shows a passion and willingness to continue with the game, which is good news, considering how amazing it is.

Hopefully they'll have learned their lesson when FFXVIII: Lightning's Revenge comes around and they buy a few hundred servers by then

chrono01

Hopefully they'll have learned their lesson when FFXVIII: Lightning's Revenge comes around and they buy a few hundred servers by then
Will the Collector's Edition come with a framed-portrait of Lightning so I can hang her on my wall? If so, I will purchase ten copies and surround myself with Lightning.

...Well not really, but I know one guy who would be really happy.

Sounds great to me.

lets' not get carried away here, game is fine, but probably the most safe mmo i've played of recent ;)

lovely visuals and music though... but these dungeons are pure snorefest.

chrono01

Wow the writing in this game gets pretty grim. Drybone quests, man...
Yeah, the one where the wife/girlfriend wants you to kill seven beasts because
her lover was killed and ripped to shreds/torn into seven pieces
kind of surprised me.

I was like...wow, that's depressing.

lets' not get carried away here, game is fine, but probably the most safe mmo i've played of recent ;)

I will not hold back! I am in-love with this game.

Actually, it's worth a subscription for the music alone. I idle in-town [not for that reason!] at times just to listen to it. I hear the dungeons get better as the game goes on which is good. I wasn't too terribly impressed with Satasha. :(

Wow the writing in this game gets pretty grim. Drybone quests, man...

In retrospect, I really wish XIII had this game's writing staff, since that had a lot of dark shit going on behind the scenes too (like people being so dependent on fal'Cie they act like dogs, or what happens to people who didn't fall into the "pulse is evil" indoctrination and question why they exist) but a lot of the lore is hampered by the teams too thin across three teams and twice as many years and rewrites (I loved XIII-2, but was pissed that none of the shit referenced in the previous game got called back like the Menhirrim and Atomos and etc.)

Lumine

Yeah same here. I was in the middle of a toto-rak run with gaf and got randomly booted with a 9000 error. Now I can't back on, server is full. Not cool. :(

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
That world is so fucking full right now.

The last few MMO's i've played have been so boring to me save foe TERA. This is the only one to keep my interest.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
@Furio, @Goldhawk: Sorry guys. Got a 90000 error followed by a stream of 1017's. Can't log in. :(

Zozobra

I forced myself through the first 15 levels just so I could try out some party stuff. Played Satasha or whatever it's called last night and I get that it's an intro dungeon, but it was really underwhelming in terms of fun-factor. Is that indicative of the experience in other dungeons going forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom