• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

To be fair, for most of the week I've had no problems. The issue now is US and EU are sharing prime time at the moment. >.<

All of the worlds are full!

Except Sargatanas because LEGACY ROX IN UR COLLECTIVE FACES am i rite, kiryogi

Their accumulated servers filled with noobs and clickers
will foam up about their waists and all the Gaffers on new servers will look up and shout
"Please let us enter in Sargatanas!"

And we, Legacy players will look down and whisper: "NO"

Well, just before getting kicked off with a 90000 error....

I got 4/5 AF on both Scholar and Summoner, yay! Just one more piece to go. :)

Scholar:

ffxiv_08312013_1606400iu8u.png

Summoner:

Still need the bodies obviously. D:

It's only the worst because it's the most recent. Every release with problems is the worst in history until the next MMO hits, and thus the cycle begins anew.

Yes, it's bad though. At least YP manned up and took responsibility publicly, which is more than most game developers do when there are issues with any game.

Also, seemed like zoning was kicking people recently. Anyone zoned safely in the last couple of minutes?

Are people willing to admit this is one of the worst MMO launches yet?

With WoW I couldn't even log in, in this game I have a level 50 already on a Fresh server. Not sure I would classify it as that yet.. I'd admit it's far from good, or even decent though.

Zios

Banned

The ones who log in early and afk all day, have nothing better to do than mash the log in for 20 mins until they win the lottery, or just never log out wont admit it.

Error code 2002. Game reboots when I try and log in. No server connection.
This is getting frustrating. I expect a game to work when I buy it.
The time for server testing should have been over long ago.

Saiyan-Rox

All of the worlds are full!

Except Sargatanas because LEGACY ROX IN UR COLLECTIVE FACES am i rite, kiryogi

I am? sorry :3 (couldn't help myself xD)

Side note can anyone tell my if i buy the retail version of this can i download the client anywhere? (no disc drive and the download version is OOS overywhere for obvious reasons)

Kokonoe

Banned

I definitely am. Despite however good the game is, they dropped the ball big time and are making a lot of people unhappy with their inability to play the game.

I can't wait till the capacity is increased so I don't have to keep the game running all the time just to play.

I am? sorry :3 (couldn't help myself xD)

Side note can anyone tell my if i buy the retail version of this can i download the client anywhere? (no disc drive and the download version is OOS overywhere for obvious reasons)

on PC? Yes.

You can download the game's client from the official site and activate your CD-key online.

Well, just before getting kicked off with a 90000 error....

I got 4/5 AF on both Scholar and Summoner, yay! Just one more piece to go. :)

Scholar:

Summoner:

Still need the bodies obviously. D:

As someone who is playing both Summoner and Scholar, how did you distribute your arcanist attribute points?

Aeana

The ones who log in early and afk all day, have nothing better to do than mash the log in for 20 mins until they win the lottery, or just never log out wont admit it.

Because once you're actually in the game, it's generally pretty smooth. Which already is far better than most MMO launches. I think people just have really short memories, or generally subscribe to the "whatever was bad recently is the worst" philosophy which pervades internet discussion.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Error code 2002. Game reboots when I try and log in. No server connection.
This is getting frustrating. I expect a game to work when I buy it.
The time for server testing should have been over long ago.

I am not a game dev, and I don't work for any sort of game dev company, but I honestly feel like people assume that 'testing' for server load is a lot easier than it actually is. I know just enough about what would need to be done to know that it is way way way way over my head, and the unpredictable nature of server load makes this shit impossible to prepare properly for.

I hate the way the headpiece looks, makes me not want to level arcanist. Scholar outfit is cool.

Whattttt? I think the exact opposite, lol. I *LOVE* the Summoner's horn head piece. I'm not too hot on the Scholar head piece. It's alright, though.

As someone who is playing both Summoner and Scholar, how did you distribute your arcanist attribute points?

Not very well... lol. I will have to redo it later. I put like 4 points into INT (I don't know why), and then the rest into MND. I am focusing more on Scholar than Summoner, anyways.

All head pieces are terrible and I don't think I'll ever turn visibility of them on.

Not very well... lol. I will have to redo it later. I put like 4 points into INT (I don't know why), and then the rest into MND. I am focusing more on Scholar than Summoner, anyways.

Ah, I kind of did something similar. I'll have to redo mine as well. I'm focusing more on Summoner so right now I think I've put 17 in INT and 8 in MND at level 45.

Kenai

Afk'd (for 30 min!) to come back to an error earlier this morning, but at least i was in an inn sorting through my Culinary crap on my retainer at the time (thanks so much for the Faerie Apples GAF). Dat sweet Rested bonus will be nice, I messed up on it last time and logged out at an outpost only to be unable to log in the entire day and miss out.

Think I'm gonna finish LNC 15 then lvl MNK when i'm not on my SCH or crafting. I was gonna do BRD first but I see almost as many BRDs as DRGs and *never* see MNK (or PUG) in Duty Finder. That alone wouldn't convince me but when I was leveling PUG for the BRD sub I enjoyed it way more than i expected. Roe fighting stance with PUG weapons is amazing.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It's only the worst for people who can't play :p
Group 1 knows that early in the day not as many people are on they really want to play because it's a good game so they prepare

For group 2 they didn't prepare or they got booted by something then it's just an annoyance they put up with. Because for the most party they already played the game and know it's good.

For group 3 see group 1

Well I just can't stop thinking "dickhead" when I see it, it's just.... Maybe it's just me, I should get over it.
It's probably best to keep to yourself that you have an oddly shaped penis :p

Credo

So has anyone successfully logged on in the past hour? Is there even a small chance of it working or should I just go find something else to do?

Credo

Has anyone actually been able to see their character at the character select screen

Negative. I get:

1.) Error 2002: Lobby error
2.) Click the start button and it says "NA/EU World List could not be obtained."
3.) Click the start button and see where my character should be, but isn't, and it tells me the world is full before even being able to select a character.

weevles

Well, I want in on this game, but it sounds like I have to wait another month or so until things settle down. Maybe there'll be a big drop off after the free month expires and the new servers are brought online?

Kenai

Has anyone actually been able to see their character at the character select screen

No. I am in the lobby but completely unable to see the NA/EU world list. I am strongly considering making an alt on a JP server (which does load) just to play through the Gridana area again. That was my starting point in 1.0 and i'd like to see how much less painful it is.

Well, I want in on this game, but it sounds like I have to wait another month or so until things settle down. Maybe there'll be a big drop off after the free month expires?

Quite possibly. They are supposed to be increasing the server load soon as well, although I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make (do we know how many are trying to log in?)

Ah, I kind of did something similar. I'll have to redo mine as well. I'm focusing more on Summoner so right now I think I've put 17 in INT and 8 in MND at level 45.

I wish the price was a bit cheaper... I mean, farming seals isn't really that hard, but 10,000 is still a bit much. :p Should be half that. Ah well.

---

Also, how can my world be full when I haven't even selected my character yet?! CURSE YOU START BUTTON. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom