• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syringe

I find it very disturbing how Square Enix can f**k up Final Fantasy XIV so bad they have to remake the entire game and put endless resources in it. Then run several betas for six months. Then release A Realm Reborn - and still manage to make it impossible to play and really piss the fans off. How can this even happen? They will manage to scare people away, just because they've been so badly prepared even when they don't have any excuses to fail.

...all this is a crying shame, because the few times I've actually been able to play - I really enjoyed it.

tenchir

I can see the list now and my character, still getting 1017 when trying to get in..

edit: in queue now, but getting server disconnect.

Baleoce

As a tank, is there any way to cycle only the enemies that are in your current enmity list? Because that would be quite handy. For example a scenario where you're trying to crowd tank a bunch of mobs, and ignore other mobs.

Tabris

So since it's now out, how is PS3 version holding up compared to PC? Should I wait until PS4 version?

My life is crazy busy with a home purchase and work for next couple of weeks, so wouldn't have time to jump in anyways.

NeOak

So since it's now out, how is PS3 version holding up compared to PC? Should I wait until PS4 version?

My life is crazy busy with a home purchase and work for next couple of weeks, so wouldn't have time to jump in anyways.

You can play, but be ready to sit down and disable stuff so it wont stutter.

One of my friends is claiming that he could use a code that arrived with his PS3 collector's edition to download the whole game from PSN.

Can you do so with the regular PS3 version? Curious, because I might buy a copy for a friend who can't seem to find a PS3 copy anywhere.

Varna

The more classes/jobs the better, as long as it's balanced of course :D

I agree I just feel like they kind of screwed up going with only damage, heal and tank classes.

Support roles and other types of auxiliary damage classes (like THIEF) would have been nice.

Now it feels like we are going to have more situations like Pugilist were some classes are going to have to work a lot harder just to get the same results.

EDIT: I really think the limit break system is stupid. Individual bars for every member would have been better. There could have been a nice skill chain type system there.

Zafir

One of my friends is claiming that he could use a code that arrived with his PS3 collector's edition to download the whole game from PSN.

Can you do so with the regular PS3 version? Curious, because I might buy a copy for a friend who can't seem to find a PS3 copy anywhere.
The code i inputted from the CE didn't download anything. However, the disk installs the client to your hard disk(The disk in the CE is the same one as the Standard Edition). You don't actually play via the disk or anything.

aceface

I've played a ton on the PS3 and I've had no major issues (outside of the login problems everyone is experiencing). The enemies and players animate a bit choppy but it's not a big deal to me.

Rootbeer

Banned
when you open the game and the 'start' button is greyed out, do you have no choice but to close it and re-open and hope it reappears? or will it become clickable if you just wait?

As a tank, is there any way to cycle only the enemies that are in your current enmity list? Because that would be quite handy. For example a scenario where you're trying to crowd tank a bunch of mobs, and ignore other mobs.

On PS3 at least.
Up and down on the Dpad is party members, left and right is for enemies.

Kyon

Banned
when you open the game and the 'start' button is greyed out, do you have no choice but to close it and re-open and hope it reappears? or will it become clickable if you just wait?

Wait for it to be clickable. You never have to go into the launcher if its grayed out

Isaccard

I'd say its getting close. I was able to play wow more than this at launch but it did have more problems overall...also Anarchy Online.

Plenty of us have been playing since Early Access with nearly zero problems, yes some can't always log in, but when you do, the servers are stable. Not being able to log in and play hardly calls for the hyperbole some are throwing around in this thread.

Lain

I went from not even getting to the world list yet getting a world is full error, to getting to the world list but no NA/EU world showing up.
I'm not even sure if I should close the client and restart to fix this or not, which brings me to the thought, whoever designed the client didn't think it trhough.
If the lobby server has a heart attack, your client closes (and this makes little sense to me, why the start menu is connected to the lobby, and not the screen after). If you can't see the server list for your region, there is no obvious way to try and refresh it from the character/server window and no assurance that going back to the start menu helps in refreshing it.

I just started leveling my Gladiator (well, I'm 25 now), and I would love to know this as well. PC version here, though. I hate tabbing at a monster far away. D: I could always click I suppose. xD

chrono01

I keep getting en error that they can't update the JP servers or something whenever I log in. It makes trying to enter a server a lot longer than it should be. Normally the character loads instantaneous, but with this, it takes around 15 seconds or so. I don't even HAVE a character on a JP server! ~_~

kierwynn

Got 90000'd while doing my lvl 40 whm quest and now NA/EU list won't load. Since I'm stuck waiting, here are some pics I took from the Odin fight on Ultros last night. I was only 40 (42 now!), so all I did was raise, which was pretty much a full time job. lol (And sorry if I mess this post up- I'll fix it if so. lol)

Someone decided to just got for it.
MfLCyOO.jpg

Guy went down pretty quickly.

One of his AOEs.

Gungnir

I got killed right at the very end as I was raising someone. The awesome rewards for losing!

It was pretty fun to watch. Hopefully, next time, I'll be able to really participate.

blackflag

Plenty of us have been playing since Early Access with nearly zero problems, yes some can't always log in, but when you do, the servers are stable. Not being able to log in and play hardly calls for the hyperbole some are throwing around in this thread.

Opinions are opinions man. I've played most big mmos since AO and DAOC and outside of AO and possibly WoW this is the worst for me. Not being able to login is a pretty big deal...at least blizzard knew what the point of queues were.

So...like...that's my opinion man.

Alucrid

Banned
Got 90000'd while doing my lvl 40 whm quest and now NA/EU list won't load. Since I'm stuck waiting, here are some pics I took from the Odin fight on Ultros last night. I was only 40 (42 now!), so all I did was raise, which was pretty much a full time job. lol (And sorry if I mess this post up- I'll fix it if so. lol)

Someone decided to just got for it.

Guy went down pretty quickly.

One of his AOEs.

Gungnir

I got killed right at the very end as I was raising someone. The awesome rewards for losing!

It was pretty fun to watch. Hopefully, next time, I'll be able to really participate.

wait, how'd you get hotbars 7-9 like that?

Reknoc

Well I guess I have some time while I can't play so let's check my e-mails to see if S-E has responded to my support ticket...

Due to the overwhelming volume of contacts received in regards to the upcoming launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have regretfully been unable to respond to your request within the expected 48 hours. Because of this, your ticket has been closed in order to prioritise time-sensitive issues being reported during Early Access.

oh... oh okay

guess i'll just open another one.

Hellix

There hasn't been a day all week where I didn't get error 90000 while playing.

Well I guess I have some time while I can't play so let's check my e-mails to see if S-E has responded to my support ticket...

oh... oh okay

guess i'll just open another one.

Its the sweep under the rug and hope it goes away method.

Can't believe they're doing that to support tickets...

Oh, thank the lord. The game FINALLY decided to put me in a queue and now I'm in.

I wish they would fix/expand the queue system. Takes like 50 tries before it finally puts you in it. I don't mind waiting in the queue as long as I get to stop mashing the 0 key over and over.

Where do I find Levequests?

I just turned Level 15 with THM and I haven't seen a single one.

They open up after you do the level 10 story quest, I think. Here's a list of where to find them all.

Oh, thank the lord. The game FINALLY decided to put me in a queue and now I'm in.

I wish they would fix/expand the queue system. Takes like 50 tries before it finally puts you in it. I don't mind waiting in the queue as long as I get to stop mashing the 0 key over and over.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind a long wait as long as I didn't have to spam press the 0 key. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom