• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some screenshots from the last couple days...

6MyDWt4.jpg

If you get Arcanist to 30, and unlock both Summoner and Scholar, do all 3 level in sync?

Yep. Think of Summoner and Scholars more as "specs" than a completely different job. You'll probably never touch Arcanist again after unlocking them. I took the gearset off my hotbars recently, lol.

Kenai

If you get Arcanist to 30, and unlock both Summoner and Scholar, do all 3 level in sync?

Yes. It's just like the other jobs though in that there's new skills for both SCH and SMN that have to be unlocked every 5 levels. Those need to be done separately.

Kenai

Will other classes also branch out to more jobs like the Arcanist in future updates?

Probably, otherwise they wouldn't have implemented the Soul system like they did (you just equip the SCH or SMN Soul like any other piece of gear to change your class). No idea who will get what, but I'm hoping for more role diversity.

Varna

Will other classes also branch out to more jobs like the Arcanist in future updates? I didn't play FF11.

I'm really hoping this is the case. Seems so odd that that Arcanist is the only one to have two jobs.

Though I kind of thing they screwed themselves over having such limited party roles.

I woke up early and refreshed today and have been trying to play for the past 8-9 hours. Unsuccessfully. All in all, I am having a terrible weekend. I broke my AT AD-1000 headphones (approx. $500+) and snapped the headphone jack on my front panel in the process. I ordered some Shure 840 headphones to replace them but had to pay nearly $50 extra for Saturday delivery because the next day delivery option had it arriving next Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday. Last night, my A/C died around 9 PM and I had to spend $225 for a 24 hour HVAC to repair it. It's over 90 degrees outside, so no way that could wait. Just a little while ago, I noticed that the top button on my iPhone 4S is now depressed into my phone and doesn't want to work properly.

I took my old headphones and smashed them up a bit. That made me feel a little better. :(

Kenai

I'm really hoping this is the case. Seems so odd that that Arcanist is the only one to have two jobs.

Though I kind of thing they screwed themselves over having such limited party roles.

I think that the main reason ACN got it already is because without them having SCH there'd only be one Healer job period. It's also setting a good example for things to come, and an excellent point to give feedback on. ACN has some unique things that are awesome like the ability to branch into other roles, but also some fairly significant unique problems (like stat allocation concerns) that would be best addressed and standardized before more new classes are released.

Rootbeer

Banned
Gotta love all these "World Difficulty" status updates. They happen so frequently that they've lost all meaning.

Just a little while ago, I noticed that the top button on my iPhone 4S is now depressed into my phone and doesn't want to work properly.

I have the same problem with my 4S! The damn top button feels stuck and I have to press it really hard to get it to register. I have never dropped my phone or gotten it in contact with any liquid or anything, I don't know WTF happened... thankfully I'm getting a 5S soon (i hope), and this time i'm getting applecare >.<

Sorry to hear about your other probs too. Sometimes shit hits the fan all at once. Power through it.

RK9039

The way the game seems balanced, you can pretty much guarantee they will add more jobs. It's pretty much inevitable.

Probably, otherwise they wouldn't have implemented the Soul system like they did (you just equip the SCH or SMN Soul like any other piece of gear to change your class). No idea who will get what, but I'm hoping for more role diversity.

Nice that's good to hear. They did say there will be major updates every three months, and other long term plans.

The more classes/jobs the better, as long as it's balanced of course :D

Teletraan1

Banned
I love the game but certain aspects confuse the hell out of me. They make these wonderful hand crafted areas that you can tell they poured so much into, and then offer you 1-4 quests in the whole area forcing you to leave and go hang out in a few areas to farm fates since you never get anywhere near enough quests later on to actually advance through the story. I fully expected a fate/dungeon grind to be necessary on my other classes. Not so much on my first play through.

Fates are so brain dead too. There was a fate where the entire time people are attacking the wrong mobs, none of the kills were moving the fates progress along. I was yelling in the zone for people to attack the guys in the back. I pleaded on the GAF FC for the people who were just braindead zerging the wrong mobs to join me in killing the right ones to no avail. Then I get 2 people to help me and we advance the fate to stage 2 with a minute to go and I get a gold, I get a silver for the rest of the 3 stages because I am a healer who is below level. Terrible. I am sure the people who spent 14 minutes killing the wrong stuff got gold.

The way the game seems balanced, you can pretty much guarantee they will add more jobs. It's pretty much inevitable.

Yeah, MUS is coming at some point, since it was in 1.0's alpha and a few NPCs in Limsa used to wear the AF for it. Plus they made that roe captain chick specifically to show off endgame guns

I love the game but certain aspects confuse the hell out of me. They make these wonderful hand crafted areas that you can tell they poured so much into, and then offer you 1-4 quests in the whole area forcing you to leave and go hang out in a few areas to farm fates since you never get anywhere near enough quests later on to actually advance through the story. I fully expected a fate/dungeon grind to be necessary on my other classes. Not so much on my first play through.

Fates are so brain dead too. There was a fate where the entire time people are attacking the wrong mobs, none of the kills were moving the fates progress along. I was yelling in the zone for people to attack the guys in the back. I pleaded on the GAF FC for the people who were just braindead zerging the wrong mobs to join me in killing the right ones to no avail. Then I get 2 people to help me and we advance the fate to stage 2 with a minute to go and I get a gold, I get a silver for the rest of the 3 stages because I am a healer who is below level. Terrible. I am sure the people who spent 14 minutes killing the wrong stuff got gold.

Yeah, FATEs are hilarious! It's a total zerg fest at times and the way that people are grinding them is reminding me of grinding in FFXI made anew. I love them ironically though and I gotta admit, getting 96000xp in like 45 minutes is awesome.

Assault

Really enjoying the game so far, but I wanna know how important your choice of server is. I live in the UK so I chose Odin, but Ultros seems to be really popular here. Is there a chance that some of the servers will be 'dead' a few months down the line?

Kwixotik

Really enjoying the game so far, but I wanna know how important your choice of server is. I live in the UK so I chose Odin, but Ultros seems to be really popular here. Is there a chance that some of the servers will be 'dead' a few months down the line?

Who are you on Odin? I'm there with my girlfriend and her brother

Hellix

Fates are so brain dead too. There was a fate where the entire time people are attacking the wrong mobs, none of the kills were moving the fates progress along. I was yelling in the zone for people to attack the guys in the back.

I never seen that happened. I don't know how one can even screw that up if you are doing a fate.

chrono01

How do I get rich?
Need to make an offering to Nald'thal for an enriched afterlife, hmm? Don't worry, the Arrzaneth Ossuary can help with that!

Please speak to one of our Thaumaturges in the back and they can assist you in whatever manner you so desire.

As for the serious answer, I'm not sure. I assume selling rare items in the Market later will gain you a nice amount of gold. I've gotten around 12,000 just questing, and I'm only Level 21.

CLBridges

Played for a couple of hours today and leveled my Archer to 25. Also, got my duty finder missions up to level 25 and those Instances have been very fun to play with parties. I want to take a break from this game, but always finds myself loading it up when I turn on the PS3 lol. It's a fun game, just need to scale my playing back a bit so I don't tire of it before it's even been a month of owning it.

I am not a game dev, and I don't work for any sort of game dev company, but I honestly feel like people assume that 'testing' for server load is a lot easier than it actually is. I know just enough about what would need to be done to know that it is way way way way over my head, and the unpredictable nature of server load makes this shit impossible to prepare properly for.

We'll see once the XboxOne cloud goes live, won't we?

SleazyC

Are you talking about the fate in N. Thanalan? That fate is great because it spawns a bunch of mobs in front of the mobs that progress the fate, and if you are in a full 8-man party you can rack your chain up to astronomical levels and easily get 100k exp total from the FATE. This would be why people would not join you in killing the actual mobs that progress the FATE.

Also, I hear you on the healer not getting exp from FATEs. I just tend to attack 90% of the time at this point.

Roxas

The team are away at PAX on some bender probably. I was really hoping to level my MAR to 15 to get my Dragoon stone tonight. Guess not :(

I jumped in a FATE group maybe twice on my way to 50 (first time was strictly to get enough seals for my Chocobo license), did each dungeon once (except Temple, I did that one twice it was so good) and I still got 2-3 quest hubs (barely touched Mor'dhona) I never even accepted quest at. You sure you aren't missing any breadcrumb quest that lead to hubs around your level? The main story quest should lead you to quite a few of them.

Edit -- I guess the only thing I can think that would cause me and you to have such a differing experience in terms of quest availability is that I had rested exp all the way from level 20 to 34 due to Phase 4/Early access transition.

Isaccard

I woke up early and refreshed today and have been trying to play for the past 8-9 hours. Unsuccessfully. All in all, I am having a terrible weekend. I broke my AT AD-1000 headphones (approx. $500+) and snapped the headphone jack on my front panel in the process. I ordered some Shure 840 headphones to replace them but had to pay nearly $50 extra for Saturday delivery because the next day delivery option had it arriving next Tuesday due to the Labor Day holiday. Last night, my A/C died around 9 PM and I had to spend $225 for a 24 hour HVAC to repair it. It's over 90 degrees outside, so no way that could wait. Just a little while ago, I noticed that the top button on my iPhone 4S is now depressed into my phone and doesn't want to work properly.

I took my old headphones and smashed them up a bit. That made me feel a little better. :(

Hang in there. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom