• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

centracore

I still can't get the NA/EU server list to load, what a joke.

Finally was able to get to the character select screen. I have a sneaking suspicion that if you receive the unable to load the NA/EU server list error you need to exit out and relaunch the game to get it to work again. Can anyone verify this?

Now back to my 0 mashing to defeat 1017!

Pachinko

So since it's now out, how is PS3 version holding up compared to PC? Should I wait until PS4 version?

My life is crazy busy with a home purchase and work for next couple of weeks, so wouldn't have time to jump in anyways.

In watching a friend play on ps3 and it doesn't seem to bad 720p with low world detail and animations dynamically lowering if too many characters on screen but it's still perfectly playable if you dont mind using a controller

Yeah i tired once so far and the tank and DPS were yelling at me. When i told them from the start that i didn't know the fight. I hate people that don't know how to read.

Also, anyone here on the Leviathan server?

I am. In Miasma FC. Have a Pally and Monk at 33/30.

Damn not looking forward to the later encounters/dungeons, almost ran out of time in Manor because we had an awful tank who was focusing on the boss and allowing the adds to kill the healer. While I love hard dungeons I really wish I had some friends to do them with. Because they seem very unfriendly to non organised groups.

Mairu

I am. In Miasma FC. Have a Pally and Monk at 33/30.

Damn not looking forward to the later encounters/dungeons, almost ran out of time in Manor because we had an awful tank who was focusing on the boss and allowing the adds to kill the healer. While I love hard dungeons I really wish I had some friends to do them with. Because they seem very unfriendly to non organised groups.

Paladin at 40 (Fii Clark)

If I actually can get log on feel free to message me if you need help w/a dungeon

Ploid 3.0

Just watched a guy farm hard Ifrit for hours, never got a bow. They only drop 1 item with 8 people fighting it. It's not 24hour spawn, or don't take 99kindred seals I suppose. At the end the guy was ready to quit the whole game. Emotional. Reminded me of how bad only playing for gear gets. He's now spinning around in the whole fight now (going in a small circle while attacking), losing it.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Just watched a guy farm hard Ifrit for hours, never got a bow. They only drop 1 item with 8 people fighting it. It's not 24hour spawn, or don't take 99kindred seals I suppose. At the end the guy was ready to quit the whole game. Emotional. Reminded me of how bad only playing for gear gets. He's now spinning around in the whole fight now (going in a small circle while attacking), losing it.

that's how it goes sometimes when you want something rare

Paladin at 40 (Fii Clark)

If I actually can get log on feel free to message me if you need help w/a dungeon

Awesome, will do :D. Yeah also wrestling with the login monster right now. Hardest boss in the game so far.

Edit: Name is Vesaa Sasaki. Will add you on my friends list once I get in.

what level do you start getting the hard versions, 50?

knitoe

Won 2 lotteries so far.

1: Login Server
2: Server List

Now, get it done again turbo stick. Odd, problem with JP server list.

centracore

If it weren't for my "push the 0 key every 0.25ms" macro I made on this Logitech keyboard I don't think I'd be playing FFXIV anymore this weekend. Even the macro is having trouble after this latest server outage.

:(

XTERC

So the game is punishing people who are actually playing buy dcing you if you zone. However, if you are afk... thats fine >.<

knitoe

So the game is punishing people who are actually playing buy dcing you if you zone. However, if you are afk... thats fine >.<

Not having a AFK kick is a huge oversight. WTF were they thinking. Maybe, Square thought game would continue to suck so need as many people staying online to keep the numbers high.

Baleoce

I just started leveling my Gladiator (well, I'm 25 now), and I would love to know this as well. PC version here, though. I hate tabbing at a monster far away. D: I could always click I suppose. xD

For sure, it's really annoying when you target an enemy in the background. And being able to tab between enemies that are only in your hate list would be super intuitive for a tank. You'd see an enemy on that list that goes under flashing red, to yellow, or even green, and you re-prioritise.

Seen as the hate list is a vertical list, it would be nice to be able to either simply use D-pad up and down for that function when on a tank role, or perhaps better to use d-pad up and down, in combo with L1, that way you can still target a party member should you wish.

And yeah for PC, they basically need to add an extra option of cycle enemy in the keybind page, and let players decide how best to map it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I guess I'm lucky to be on a legacy server. I haven't gotten ant DC's while zoning. Guess the Legacy Servers, while crowded, haven't had the influx of new players the way other servers had.

I guess I'm lucky to be on a legacy server. I haven't gotten ant DC's while zoning. Guess the Legacy Servers, while crowded, haven't had the influx of new players the way other servers had.

Anecdotal, though I guess my situation is, too. I'm on Legacy and it happens constantly to people in my Linkshell, myself included.

Kwixotik

Finally got back in. I hope they don't add a hub city to this game. I loved back in early FFXI when all of the capital cities were always populated with people and you had city-based linkshells and such.

Edit: Also, is anyone on Odin? Hit me up, I need people to play with. My name is Young Thug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom