• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been flicking through the thread from time to time for useful info on some parts of the game but the amount of errors and difficulty people are having seems horrible. I have yet to experience a single problem (I'm on Ragnarok and live in Australia so I might be generally playing during a lull in Europe/NA) but I haven't even had a single one of those errors mentioned and the most I've waited in queue for was 2 minutes. The only true issues I have found with the game are when it's busy and I experience choppy gameplay that seems like poor framerate, however, I am all but certain it's due to the server being busy since I've been in the same areas with flawless framerate at different times.

The game is awesome and I really hope these errors get sorted out quickly for everyone so you can all get in there and ride those unicorns!

antitrop

When I open the launcher now it's trying to get me to register a code for some reason. wtf

I already registered the code a week ago. I don't know why it won't "just let me log in". Then it says the code has already been entered. How do I just fucking log in?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Seriously lol It's so dumb though I mean why not just create a massive queue at least you can see where you are at even if it is a thousand deep just make a real queue.

No infrastructure for huge queues and massive population is my guess. It's launch.

Kandinsky

What do i have to do when i get the "Unable to update the Group Na/Eu character list", just go back and try again, wait for the "obtaining the world list" thing or exit the game?.

knitoe

I've been flicking through the thread from time to time for useful info on some parts of the game but the amount of errors and difficulty people are having seems horrible. I have yet to experience a single problem (I'm on Ragnarok and live in Australia so I might be generally playing during a lull in Europe/NA) but I haven't even had a single one of those errors mentioned and the most I've waited in queue for was 2 minutes. The only true issues I have found with the game are when it's busy and I experience choppy gameplay that seems like poor framerate, however, I am all but certain it's due to the server being busy since I've been in the same areas with flawless framerate at different times.

The game is awesome and I really hope these errors get sorted out quickly for everyone so you can all get in there and ride those unicorns!
Off hours for NA/EU equals fast login and few, if any, problems. If I login on Ultros at 3AM NA, every is great. Right now, on my knees praying.

centracore

What do i have to do when i get the "Unable to update the Group Na/Eu character list", just go back and try again, wait for the "obtaining the world list" thing or exit the game?.

I've had to completely exit the game after receiving that error message to have a chance of it actually loading the character list again.

Teletraan1

Banned
Are you talking about the fate in N. Thanalan? That fate is great because it spawns a bunch of mobs in front of the mobs that progress the fate, and if you are in a full 8-man party you can rack your chain up to astronomical levels and easily get 100k exp total from the FATE. This would be why people would not join you in killing the actual mobs that progress the FATE.

Also, I hear you on the healer not getting exp from FATEs. I just tend to attack 90% of the time at this point.

Ah I guess that makes sense with that fate. I wasn't cool enough to get into that group so I just wanted to move the fate on since I wasn't getting dick all for my 14 minutes of time spent.

TheContact

bought the pc version from gamestop today and this was on the receipt

20130831_181655.jpg

rockx4

20130831_181655.jpg

That's pretty funny, and sad at the same time that they're printing it on the receipts. Maybe gamestop is getting a lot of complaints about it also.

Edit: Thought I got in... it said now loading for a good 30 seconds then lobby error and client closes.

Epcott

Can't get in Ultros again so I quit the PS3 client. Get back into client to play, and all NA/EU servers are gone.

30 seconds later...

Quit PS3 client to play JP server, says JP servers are gone, but NA/EU are up. Try to log into Excalibur and get queue of 201.
Queue for 200, then 199...

Then... Sorry, world is full.

Try again and its just a dreamy blue screen with no character, and a harp melody that makes me want to strangle a chocobo.

:/

But I did find something strange.
When you select your character and it says "Log in with..." to confirm, if you wait 3-4 min on that part befor hitting ok, sometimes it actually puts you in. Whether or not you get 1017 trolled after queue is another story.

aceface

Finally got a Queue a second ago with 534 people in it. And now I'm in!

sky

By the way... connectivity issues aside (painful)... as far as the game itself goes, can we all agree at this point that yoshi-p is basically da man?

Although I've only spent a few hours playing, it's worlds apart from 1.0, and feels like a great game.

antitrop

By the way... connectivity issues aside (painful)... as far as the game itself goes, can we all agree at this point that yoshi-p is basically da man?

Although I've only spent a few hours playing, it's worlds apart from 1.0, and feels like a great game.
I'm too spiteful of the connection issues at this point to give a fuck.

The graphics are wonderful, the music is fantastic, the gameplay is pretty polished and fun.

BUT I CAN'T FUCKING PLAY IT

Yeah I'm having a good time with it when I'm able to play

potam

Banned

Well, I don't know much about 1.0 other than it was so shitty they had to shut it down and completely retool it.

But, I can say that this game feels pretty solid. I don't know how much actual content there is at max level to keep me hooked, but that aside, the gameplay is top-notch.

oh yeah, and them graphics. God damn. I'm sure a lot of it is the solid art style, but after coming from GW2 which struggled on my computer (3570k @ 4.5, 680, 16gb ram), I wasn't expecting this game to run this smoothly.

Varna

I still think this game will suffer long term effects by trying a little too hard to be an entry level MMO. But once you can unlock other classes and freely travel around with the airship this game becomes pretty damn awesome.

knitoe

Didn't play 1.0, but RR is just taking elements from recent MMOs. It doesn't do anything special. Like all MMOs, the end game will keep me playing or not once I hit max lvl. After SWTOR, I wish all MMO have full voice dialogue. Way to much text to just read.

Mandoric

Banned
Well, I don't know much about 1.0 other than it was so shitty they had to shut it down and completely retool it.

But, I can say that this game feels pretty solid. I don't know how much actual content there is at max level to keep me hooked, but that aside, the gameplay is top-notch.

1.0 was a swirling mess of "actually bad", "needs more polish", and "pretty awesome but wildly different".

2.0 is pure goddamn polish, even though it rubs off a few of the high points.

ampere

http://s12.postimg.org/ndlpkqkhp/20130831_181655.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Bought mine yesterday and the receipt has the same message. Clerk also warned me about it

YOLO, bought it anway

Didn't play 1.0, but RR is just taking elements from recent MMOs. It doesn't do anything special. Like all MMOs, the end game will keep me playing or not once I hit max lvl. After SWTOR, I wish all MMO have full voice dialogue. Way to much text to just read.

This game has probably the best writing FF has seen in a decade, but there's tons of it, and only story mode is voiced. Insane

pelican

So basically it appears that they have closed all EU servers meaning it is impossible to create a character despite me buying the game.

As a mmo vet I am used to queues, but it is fucking ridiculous that I can't create a toon.

Chucker

Were guest/buddy passes given out with retail copies of the game? I have a friend that wants to check it out before taking the plunge.

Wilsongt

Connection issues are good for me, personally, because it means I can get other shit done while the servers sort themselves out before I get sucked in again.

But, yes. For someone who avoids MMOs like the plague, I am having a blast.

potam

Banned

Who plays MMOs for the dialogue? I currently have no fucking idea what's going on in this game.

edit: And what's sad is despite skipping all story content, I'm not currently max level. I blame work + school, though.

"Unable to update the JP character list"

REVENGE IS OURS

1017 says otherwise.

Epcott

How different graphically were the cities in 1.0? They seem pretty vast in ARR.

I think I'm done for the day. Says NA/EU list is unable to load. Will try after I watch Evangellion 2.22 on Adult Swim tonight

(If I can wait that long)

Had a dream last night I logged in and was leveling up, before I awoke at 6am to play. Craziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom