• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

This game is a fucking nightmare. The account management on Square's site makes me want to snap my wireless card in half and swear off the internet altogether.

qq more

(≖‿≖ ) (ღ˘‿˘ღ) (✿ ♥‿♥) This World is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (-"‿"-) ( ≖‿≖)

potam

Banned
Dj1ts1S.png

yay

Kwixotik

How should I allocate my attribute points? I'm a gladiator, wanting to eventually become a paladin. But I don't know if I'll have a change of heart and switch to another class later. I'm so conflicted.

ampere

(≖‿≖ ) (ღ˘‿˘ღ) (✿ ♥‿♥) This World is currently full. Please wait until an opening is available and try again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (-"‿"-) ( ≖‿≖)

qq more
(Today, 06:38 PM)

How should I allocate my attribute points? I'm a gladiator, wanting to eventually become a paladin. But I don't know if I'll have a change of heart and switch to another class later. I'm so conflicted.

afaik it doesn't matter, you'd have different points if you start a new class. pick gladiator stats

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This game is a fucking nightmare. The account management on Square's site makes me want to snap my wireless card in half and swear off the internet altogether.

That shit.... is terrible. It took forever for me to find out how to do anything. Everything that is not the actual game is busted.

knitoe

Who plays MMOs for the dialogue? I currently have no fucking idea what's going on in this game.

edit: And what's sad is despite skipping all story content, I'm not currently max level. I blame work + school, though.

1017 says otherwise.

For main and class story, voice dialogue. Every else, I just click as fast as possible to get going. After SWTOR, feels like something is missing.

antitrop

Found this on Square's site, I thought it was just me. Makes me feel a little bit better, I guess.

+ Kastrune - 31/08/2013 22:36
I can log in but it wants me to put my registration code in again, then says it already has been registered, then I can't even log into loadstone cause it can't see my 3 characters/.

nostarthyuty.png

Hello, darkness, my old friend...

nearly spit out my drink. 10/10

For main and class story, voice dialogue. Every else, I just click as fast as possible to get going. After SWTOR, feels like something is missing.

I've had hit and miss with this... Half the main story is VO for me, I've not had a single class story VO and my gf hasn't had VO on anything at all. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Found this on Square's site, I thought it was just me. Makes me feel a little bit better, I guess.

I think I put like 3 different codes in. The one you are talking about that you probably had to do yesterday was the actual code when EA ended. I got mine from GMG...not the 18 digit code you initially got or the one SE gave you after you put the 18 digit code in.

antitrop

I think I put like 3 different codes in. The one you are talking about that you probably had to do yesterday was the actual code when EA ended. I got mine from GMG...not the 18 digit code you initially got.

If I click "My FFXIV Codes" on the Square site it only gives me one code, a 20-digit code named "Early Access Codes".

zpiders

Has SE mentioned when they will sort out the server issues? I was really looking forward to picking the PS3 version up tomorrow but if the server issues are still ongoing I may as well wait another week.

antitrop

Oh, Jesus, I found the right code, it was in a different e-mail that I didn't even see.

I fucking hate this so much.

I still have one code left over that I have no idea what to do with. It's 5 letters, then 3 numbers, 5 letters, 3 numbers.

akaoni

Banned
Has SE mentioned when they will sort out the server issues? I was really looking forward to picking the PS3 version up tomorrow but if the server issues are still ongoing I may as well wait another week.

They're adding new servers for Wednesday I think?

knitoe

I've had hit and miss with this... Half the main story is VO for me, I've not had a single class story VO and my gf hasn't had VO on anything at all. Not sure what the deal is with that.
I was saying all main and class quests should be voice, but, yeah, main is hit and miss while none for class quests.

Oscar

Sure? I've read lots of people pumping vit for paladin.

I'm a 43 WAR and pumped all my points into STR because my VIT is naturally high (pretty much matches my STR).

If I were going the GLD/PLD route I'd go straight VIT. You do shit damage, might as well max out your hp.

MGrant

While I'm still unable to get in, can I just express my disappointment that they cut this mustache from the Lalafell character creation? I have to go with some lame Fu Manchu now.

moustache4wsbr.png

It was so good :c

El'Kharn

Boy am I glad I shelled for the collectors edition....
Is pretty fun so i'll wait for this to be fixed for a few days before I start to get annoyed.

Since most people seem to be unable to log in I may as well ask. Does anyone know how to get your veteran rewards on the PS3? I subbed for 180 days a few days ago and I haven't gotten anything from SE yet.

By the way... connectivity issues aside (painful)... as far as the game itself goes, can we all agree at this point that yoshi-p is basically da man?

Although I've only spent a few hours playing, it's worlds apart from 1.0, and feels like a great game.

I agree for the most part, but... I feel like the main story has way too many "filler" quests. The type of stuff I hate, too like "Go find this crystal." "Oh wait, that's the wrong crystal! LOL" "Go find this different crystal." "Oh lol, you're gonna laugh, but that's the wrong one!" "Oh, okay, no fooling, this is the real one."

Like, that kind of stuff is just stupid. And it's a main story quest. Or those "go talk to this person in another zone and come back. Now go talk to someone else in a different zone and come back. One more please. End quest." Just.. meh.

Don't get me wrong, some of the story quests are great, but a vast majority of them are really lame/boring.

I agree for the most part, but... I feel like the main story has way too many "filler" quests. The type of stuff I hate, too like "Go find this crystal." "Oh wait, that's the wrong crystal! LOL" "Go find this different crystal." "Oh lol, you're gonna laugh, but that's the wrong one!" "Oh, okay, no fooling, this is the real one."

Like, that kind of stuff is just stupid. And it's a main story quest. Or those "go talk to this person in another zone and come back. Now go talk to someone else in a different zone and come back. One more please. End quest." Just.. meh.

Don't get me wrong, some of the story quests are great, but a vast majority of them are really lame/boring.

Totally. I stopped doing the story quests after Titan because that crap just goes on and on. I'd rather do FATE parties or work on other classes than the story because of all those filler quests. Unlocking Brayflox and Titan took waaaaaay too long. I figure it only continues after that so no thanks. :/

Varna

Totally. I stopped doing the story quests after Titan because that crap just goes on and on. I'd rather do FATE parties or work on other classes than the story because of all those filler quests. Unlocking Brayflox and Titan took waaaaaay too long. I figure it only continues after that so no thanks. :/

This is what I was talking about. They just way overboard with the newbie friendly gameplay. Hopefully once the level cap is raised we get fewer more meaningful story quest. Something similar to FFXI: CoP for example.

Unfortunately, to unlock a lot of the end game content, you have to beat the main story, so... you can put it off for a while, but... :/

ampere

So if I become a PLD, none of the points I put in as GLD will matter?

Mm, PLD is an advanced form of GLD from my understanding so the points will remain the same.

I mean if you go Lancer you'd have different points as you level that.

I expected a better reaction than that, man!

I feel your pain stuck at that error too, but your name begs to be quoted :p

Sure? I've read lots of people pumping vit for paladin.

For tanking I could see VIT being best, but I have not theorycrafted/researched at all for end game.

akaoni

Banned
The game is doing some really annoying crap right now where I can't hammer numpad_0 because the world list is delayed.

EDIT: Queue getto!

EDIT2: Le sigh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom