• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrin87

I can't play the game right now but I'm in line to fight Titan at PAX! I want to go scholar but I'm not that far into the real game so I might not do that we'll.

Boss Man

This certainly is a gorgeous MMO. I'm curious/hoping to see them develop some of the systems more deeply.

Being able to look back on the launch of this game like an early slate for a more developed game that is still this beautiful artistically and graphically is pretty wonderful to think about. It seems plausible given how quickly they had to cobble it together. There's lots of space for it to fill in and I hope that's the plan.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Any chance we could get a FATE with Leviathan? I mean if they want to go with classic FF characters, he seems like a good one.
Leviathan's in the art book so he'll certainly show up at some point. Shiva too.
(Possible story spoilers from art book) Don't know if they're part of the story or not.

gillty

Banned
Is it likely they will extend the 1st month trial given the server issues?
Yes.

Naoki_Yoshida said:
Login Issue Update
I know many of you are still affected by the World login and character creation restrictions, so I would like to give you all a brief update on the progress of the measures we are taking to alleviate this situation.

Current Server Status

To ensure as many players as possible can log in and create characters on existing servers, our development and operations teams are monitoring server load and population around the clock, placing and removing restrictions with even the slightest fluctuation in numbers in order to maintain near-full capacity on each World. We are still experiencing maximum concurrent connection numbers of over 230,000 users. This number, however, has taxed some of our instance servers, and is causing unexpected down time here, as well.

Scheduled Maintenance for Wednesday, September 4 (Japan Time)

The addition of new Worlds, as well as the adjustments to the duty finder servers, will be complete as of tomorrow. We will then enter our final internal testing phase of these features in preparation. If the results from these tests are favorable, we will conduct an extended all-World maintenance on Wednesday (Japan time). Once the new Worlds are implemented and the duty finder server load has been redistributed over smaller World server groups, we believe that many of the login issues that players are currently experiencing will clear.

When Worlds do finally reopen after the maintenance, we expect a rush of players trying to log back in. To prevent any further login issues, we will be using the utmost caution when restarting each World. Please understand that there may be some congestion at this time.

The development and operations teams are currently dedicating their full resources to alleviating the issues at hand and providing all of our players with a stable environment in which to experience the realm of Eorzea.

Free Trial Extension

To apologize to our loyal fans who may not have been able to login or create characters during early access and the days immediately following launch, the development and operations teams are currently considering providing all player accounts with an additional seven days to their free trials. This includes non-legacy players from 1.0, who will be given new seven-day free trials. Trial extensions will be awarded after the aforementioned server maintenance on Wednesday. Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.

We thank our fans again for the overwhelming support you have shown us over the past week. The response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn has well exceeded our expectations, and unfortunately resulted in our inability to provide the service which we originally intended. We humbly ask for your continued patience as we work to alleviate the issues as we truly appreciate all of our fans. We are very sorry for the frustration that has resulted from these problems.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Behemoth was sick, shame for all the clipping, i died twice because i couldn't even see him lol

Still kinda pissed about it myself, more so the fact that I busted my ass healing and keeping everyone near me a alive yet got a damn bronze. Unless I'm in a GAF specific fate party I'm done with dedicated healing until they reward that shit properly. :lol

Moonkeis

Anyone have SE adjust their PS3 account?

I had a beta account tied to my PS3 client, but now when I actually want to use my real account on the PS3, I can't adjust the ID.

akaoni

Banned
5 hours later and I'm in.... Macro works.

Went AFK to make a sandwich, came back and I was logged in. Seemed cancelling the queue by itself does no harm.

Really need someone to rip those loading screen concept arts so I can have them loop as my wallpaper forever.

I can get behind that, they look awesome.

Leviathan's in the art book so he'll certainly show up at some point. Shiva too.
(Possible story spoilers from art book) Don't know if they're part of the story or not.

Oh snapz, I hope we get to see them then. Shoot maybe we could even get a fight with the Four Fiends as well.

WolvenOne

Is that where the servers are? Did you sabotage the servers?

Yes, I went to Squares top secret data center in Wyoming, and directly plugged my PC into one of the servers Ethernet ports. Thus, giving myself direct lagless access, and denying access to thousands of users.

And I shall do this every day, unless you agree to pay me, one, million, dollars!

So I'm finally listening to the OST that came with the Collector's Edition [since, you know...I CAN'T ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME!] and despite only being six tracks, they're pretty lengthy [even if the town themes basically loop twice].

You get:

1) Gridania Town Theme
2) Gridania Field/Outside Theme
3) Limsa Lominsa Town Theme
4) Limsa Lominsa Field/Outside Theme
5) Ul'dahn Town Theme
6) Ul'dahn Field/Outside Theme

It's not too bad. It will have to suffice until I they release a full proper OST which I will promptly pre-order.

yea, it's pretty good and not too short at 50+ minutes. i don't feel ripped off. they picked the right theme for this cd.

louis0nfire

Neo Member
So, just bought it. Should I activate and try playing late tonight? Or wait until early next week? I figure with the extra time they'll provide I might as well try my luck now.

Kemal86

Banging my head against the wall. Was doing the 4th dungeon, get to the final boss...

Cinematic plays.

When the cinematic is over, I'm outside the boss room, everyone else has been fighting the entire time, and I'm locked out. They wipe, tank quits, everyone tells at me. Fuuuuuck off.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE

Banging my head against the wall. Was doing the 4th dungeon, get to the final boss...

Cinematic plays.

When the cinematic is over, I'm outside the boss room, everyone else has been fighting the entire time, and I'm locked out. They wipe, tank quits, everyone tells at me. Fuuuuuck off.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE

sounds like a bug. normally they wouldn't be able to move around while a player watches cutscene. it was their fault anyhow.

Teknoman

Cinematic plays.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE

Strange...its supposed to lock the arena until everyone is finished.

Mononoke

Banned
Just finished my character, but when I have to choose my world, the NA one doesn't even show up. I can select the Japan one though. Did they say if we can switch worlds later on?

tyrone888

Neo Member

Cinematic plays.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE

Party should have seen that you were watching the cinematics so it's their fault for being impatient.

gribbles

Banned

Cinematic plays.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE

Then you had a shitty, inconsiderate tank. It's the tank's job to make that everyone is ready before running in like an idiot. It would only have taken one glance at the party window to see you were still viewing the cutscene.

gokieks

So I applied for, and was accepted to, the GAF FC on Ultros, but I'm having issues getting Guildwork to link my character - it keeps telling me that it can't find the verification code on my Lodestone profile page even though it's definitely there. Has anyone else run into any issues with it?

Also, I did manage to get back into the game, so if someone could send me an invite for the overflow LS, it'd be much appreciated. Character name is Aurialis Valencia.

Kyon

Banned
Finally White Mage

I'm slaying

legendtinax5lts.gif

UrSuLeTzU

"Dear Customer,

Due to the overwhelming volume of contacts received in regards to the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we have regretfully been unable to respond to your request within the expected 48 hours. In order to prioritise time-sensitive issues, your ticket has been closed.
If your query is related to registration codes for a Square Enix Store purchase, please log in to the following site using your SQUARE ENIX Membership details to view your codes: http://sqex.to/ffxivcodes
If you have not yet found a resolution for your issue, we ask that you create another ticket after searching our Knowledge Base. Please also select the best category and sub-category pertaining to your issue.

We sincerely apologise for not responding to you in a more satisfactory manner and thank you for your patience & understanding.

Square Enix Support Centre Team"

Well, that was helpful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom