• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

falastini

still can't get in, shouldnt the east coast be sleeping soon

Sure. They'll be sleeping. Their characters, on the other hand, will be /afk all night in game, lol.

What's going on here? An error message? It kept popping up when I was trying to complete a quest.

pbzWycr.png

Zomba13

Crashed, again. So that's two crashes and a bluescreen, the heck!?!

I think you're having the same issue as me and a bunch of others are having on the tech support forum. For me my system just freezes but one time windows told me it had an unexpected shutdown due to a BSOD error so I guess I should be getting a blue screen but it's just not loading.

It seems 100% random and no one knows why. People have trieed different graphics settings, windowed mode, beta drivers etc and nothing seems to work. It can work fine for me some days with nothign and then crash 4 times in an hour. Every other game runs 100% fine and my card isn't overheating or anything. No clue what is going wrong. Seems to be an issue with the client as Phase 3 and 4 had none of these issues but Early Access (and thus the release client) has brought these issues and SE hasn't said a word about it.

Varna

Crashed, again. So that's two crashes and a bluescreen, the heck!?!

You OC'ing your CPU at all? My OC was 100% stable... or so I thought. 10 hours running prime 95 and I had no errors. For whatever reason I was getting crashing and BSOD in FFXIV until I dropped my OC .1GHZ.

Kinda glad to see I'm not the only one crashing. Haven't had a chance to play today but yesterday I crashed five times in two hours but only during areas with other players. The times I was either in a instancesd quest or cutscenes, it was fine. :/

Jubern

Sure. They'll be sleeping. Their characters, on the other hand, will be /afk all night in game, lol.

What's going on here? An error message? It kept popping up when I was trying to complete a quest.

pbzWycr.png

The red message in Japanese says you can't complete the quest because you don't fill the requirements.

falastini

The red message in Japanese says you can't complete the quest because you don't fill the requirements.
Weird. It was a crafting quest that wanted three pants made. I'm guessing it was bugging out because one of the three pants was HQ and the other two NQ.

Styles

If you guys are having trouble logging in, try leaving the game on the character selction screen for a few minutes and then attempt to log in again. I usually get into queue after my second on third attempt on many occasions. Of course this is just anecdotal evidence, but it's less tedious than mashing buttons to log in. >_>

WolvenOne

I think you're having the same issue as me and a bunch of others are having on the tech support forum. For me my system just freezes but one time windows told me it had an unexpected shutdown due to a BSOD error so I guess I should be getting a blue screen but it's just not loading.

It seems 100% random and no one knows why. People have trieed different graphics settings, windowed mode, beta drivers etc and nothing seems to work. It can work fine for me some days with nothign and then crash 4 times in an hour. Every other game runs 100% fine and my card isn't overheating or anything. No clue what is going wrong. Seems to be an issue with the client as Phase 3 and 4 had none of these issues but Early Access (and thus the release client) has brought these issues and SE hasn't said a word about it.

Yeah, just crashed again, it's REALLY weird. I doubt its a hardware issue, since, it'd be BSoD's each and every single time in that case If it's software though, it's REALLY weird, seeing as how this game ran fine for a week before any problems popped up.

Jubern

I was reading some pages on ffxivguild about crafting and whatnot for my pugilist. There, they say "We suggest starting crafting by levelling all crafting classes to 15 at once."

wut?

Wouldn't that take an insane amount of time?

Ken

I'm trying to macro Repose/Sleep and set it up to mark on ignore targets, but is there a way to set up a single macro that assigns unique and untaken signs? I want to sleep multiple targets and have a "Ignore" sign on each.

Kyon

Banned
Stefan™;79387433 said:
If you guys are having trouble logging in, try leaving the game on the character selction screen for a few minutes and then attempt to log in again. I usually get into queue after my second on third attempt on many occasions. Of course this is just anecdotal evidence, but it's less tedious than mashing buttons to log in. >_>

Sis what server you on?

Tash

I'm trying to macro Repose/Sleep and set it up to mark on ignore targets, but is there a way to set up a single macro that assigns unique and untaken signs? I want to sleep multiple targets and have a "Ignore" sign on each.

I don't think that's possible.
Also, I have Fluid Aura macroed in as well for pulls where your tank is slow and you can't precast the pull.

Sakura

Finally beat Titan... wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't always the one guy who cannot seem to dodge the AoE attack.

WolvenOne

You OC'ing your CPU at all? My OC was 100% stable... or so I thought. 10 hours running prime 95 and I had no errors. For whatever reason I was getting crashing and BSOD in FFXIV until I dropped my OC .1GHZ.

Yeah, OC'ed from 3.4 to 4.0ghz. Ran that speed during the Beta and it was fine, but I'm dropping it down to 3.9ghz to see what happens.

So I finally got arc30 and thu15. I go back to the arc guild and there's no "Soul of the Summoner" quest for me.

Do I need to finish the thu's level 15 quest?

I don't think that's possible.
Also, I have Fluid Aura macroed in as well for pulls where your tank is slow and you can't precast the pull.

Sorry for the dumb question but what does "pull" mean? I'm going for WHM eventually and I keep reading about "pulls". Kind of new to MMOs here :/

Foaloal

Sorry for the dumb question but what does "pull" mean? I'm going for WHM eventually and I keep reading about "pulls". Kind of new to MMOs here :/

Pulling is when somebody brings a new enemy towards the party. In FFXIV it tends to be the tank who does the pulling, but sometimes a DD can pull as long as the tank is ready to grab hate.

Adaren

As a noun: a group of monsters that all come at you at one, especially in a dungeon.

e.g. "The next pull is really difficult. Is everyone ready?"

As a verb: aggroing a group of monsters.

e.g. "BLM, let the tank pull! If you pull, you'll die!"

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I'll ask it here hoping someone could help. To become a BARD do I need Archer x Pugilist only?

Pulling is when somebody brings a new enemy towards the party. In FFXIV it tends to be the tank who does the pulling, but sometimes a DD can pull as long as the tank is ready to grab hate.

As a noun: a group of monsters that all come at you at one, especially in a dungeon.

e.g. "The next pull is really difficult. Is everyone ready?"

As a verb: aggroing a group of monsters.

e.g. "BLM, let the tank pull! If you pull, you'll die!"

Ah, I get it now! I understand the mechanics but I'm not really familiar with the terms everyone uses. Thanks guys :)

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So someone posted that you could turn off spell effects for people not in your party? How do you do that? I looked but I didnt see it, though I may be completely missing it right in front me (most likely)

daveo42

Banned
Anyone know what you need to do to continue to progress on your GC rank? I'm still unable to apply for a promotion after doing the level 44 dungeon and completing my Rank 2 hunt log.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Finally got in...just as I was getting super exhausted. I know I'll probably regret logging out come tomorrow morning but at least I am one of god's better people for doing so. Enjoy my slot you heathens!

Oh and the PS3 flickering issue I have been having improved a lot tonight. I think it is mostly a heat issue as I suppose this game really works the GPU,CPU, Wifi, etc... moreso than any other game. Put the PS3 is a more ventilated part of the room with better circulation on the shelf and the problem more or less went away tonight.

I am sort of guessing the newer model PS3's (Slim and ugly slim) may have improved cooling or heat dispersion in their internals compared to my Phat model. Just gotta keep cold air blowing on this thing until the PS4 hits.

Tarazet

Was on most of the day, from 8 am to after 12 midnight. I disconnected when zoning into Vesper Bay, then for a good 2 hours I was locked out completely with lobby errors. Then it was another 15 minutes of spamming 0 before I got in. Also wasted an hour trying to find the warrior trainer, since I completely forgot where he was.

To say the experience is completely worth the headaches is stretching it a bit. Of course it would be better if the experience was flawless, but if they get things sorted out, this whole week will come out in the wash.

Foaloal

Dunno if anyone has written something similar, but I found out today that SE gave me a free ~10 days just for having registered a CE free trial code back in the 1.0 days.
Gotta say that's pretty stellar considering I still haven't paid a cent for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom