• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

issaco

Neo Member
So close yet so far:

BTEJzOXCEAAbl8-.jpg

Baleoce

Unable to update NA/EU server list.

This is a fucking Sunday morning almost 10am BST. That's nearly 5am New York , and 2am LA. Stop jipping me about and let me the fuck on >_<

EDIT - *gets some camomile and honey, and has a flick through the Yoshida art book, rage subsides*

Double Edit - Also, apparently upgrading to the digital collectors edition doesn't grant you any free days lol.. Just done it now, and it didn't give me any extra.

WolvenOne

Okay, just logged out, hope one of the gaffers trying to get in managed to snag the spot. I'm up to level 27, and, man, I forgot how much leveling slowed down after awhile. Fates help, but I was going back and forth between Fates and Story quests tonight, and most only gave me 3000-4000 XP a piece. Not, all that helpful when you need over 1000K XP to go up a level. I'll probably try Fate farming at Costa Del Sol tomorrow, and hope that gets me the XP and Seals I need to get to level 40, and to get out of this blasted Heavy Iron Armor.

Thankfully, soon, I shall be be at a high enough level to start taking advantage of some of the really fun content. :D

PS: I finally got a couple hours in without the game crashing. Not sure if that was just a coincidence, or, the fact that I dropped my CPU's OC 100mhz. Might just be that, a slightly upstable client, and slightly unstable CPU, don't work well together, or, something.

A question. I bought the game (yay!) but there seems to be a problem with the https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app website. It always says that my password was invalid, even though I have changed them twice now. Is this a known problem?

Also, is anyone selling their early access codes? I would love to get a Cait Sith pet. :p

EDIT: Fuck's sake now I can't log in for several minutes.

Berordn

Ugh. I didn't put much stock into people complaining about AFK characters before but I woke up earlier than expected and logged into Coerthas to see some 30 people just AFK around the Dragonhead Aetherite.

They really ought to address that sooner rather than later.

Ugh. I didn't put much stock into people complaining about AFK characters before but I woke up earlier than expected and logged into Coerthas to see some 30 people just AFK around the Dragonhead Aetherite.

It's a low priority as per Yoshi, but if they implemented it a week or two later - what's the point? The servers would probably be stable then. It should've been added on launch day.

Baleoce

It's a low priority as per Yoshi, but if they implemented it a week or two later - what's the point? The servers would probably be stable then. It should've been added on launch day.

Exactly. It'll be a non issue by then. Bear in mind that they are artificially throttling servers for the most part anyway.

Real AFKers put at least some effort into out of the way spots.

raven777

Yoshi-p said:
With Cloud and Sephiroth, those were more of ones we would never bring into Final Fantasy XIV. They have a lot of hardcore fans, and if you just brought them into FFXIV you would create a lot of hate. When you use those characters you have to be very, very careful.

yea we have the reason they put lightning...because she has no fans.

Couldn't you just AFK in an inn room if you were really ashamed?

I think he meant not obstructing the views of players in high traffic areas. I see people being AFK in front of important NPCs, while are there 20-30 people trying to talk to said NPCs. If I AFK, it's only if I'm going to run errands for a bit - then I try to hide in an obscure spot where I won't be in the way. I still log off eventually since I don't feel comfortable leaving my PC on for too long with the game running.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I think he meant not obstructing the views of players in high traffic areas. I see people being AFK in front of important NPCs, while are there 20-30 people trying to talk to said NPCs. If I AFK, it's only if I'm going to run errands for a bit - then I try to hide in an obscure spot where I won't be in the way. I still log off eventually since I don't feel comfortable leaving my PC on for too long with the game running.
Yeah they should at least have the courtesy to /sit. Once in the Drowned Wench the tables were packed with players, looked cool.

Even if I'm gonna be away 5 minutes I sit my character somewhere, just for RP considerations. I like to find nice spots to craft too so I'm not crammed around the vendor.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
There isn't noclip in heavy traffic areas? With this after the lack of vanity slots, it seems there may be a few little things that nag at me with this game...

Teletraan1

Banned
Yeah they should at least have the courtesy to /sit. Once in the Drowned Wench the tables were packed with players, looked cool.

Even if I'm gonna be away 5 minutes I sit my character somewhere, just for RP considerations. I like to find nice spots to craft too so I'm not crammed around the vendor.

True. I remember an uproar about the lack of /sit able chairs in SWTOR. You can definitely do it here in so many places. I had to do something real quick for 10m IRL so I sat in that church while I was doing quests in that area. When I came back there were people sitting on each side of the pew
not logging out, not giving a fuck
beside me. I guess its just the typical MMO feature whine. People getting the vapors because some feature is missing, rarely mentioned when its there. It is very well executed here like most of the game. Past the servers the game world is really polished.

If there are film icons by their names, those people are watching cutscenes. They aren't AFKing in front of NPCs. The game should really de-spawn players from the world while they are in cutscenes to prevent this traffic jam of players in front of important NPCs.

Duty Finder sucks as a dps, last quest in this dungeon chain and I can't find a group D:

As I DPS, I recruit right in front of the dungeon and it almost always works if you just talk to people there.

Dat feeling when a healer shows up in front to initiate the quest, ask to join up and says, "ok, let's go" @_@

Had that happen the other day.

So how are the servers doing today? (particularly Ultros)

Is it possible to log in?

It's always possible to log in, and has been since the beginning of EA. The question, will you be able to? Do you have your auto-spam 0 macro set up and ready to roll?

Remember that it's Labor Day Weekend in the US, you're fighting Americans who are on a 3-day weekend to log in.

Vashetti

Banned
It's always possible to log in, and has been since the beginning of EA. The question, will you be able to? Do you have your auto-spam 0 macro set up and ready to roll?

Remember that it's Labor Day Weekend in the US, you're fighting Americans who are on a 3-day weekend to log in.

I'm on PS3 ;)

Amneisac

The way you've worded this almost makes it sound like you aren't blaming SE for royally screwing up this launch. Labor Day weekend at 7:13 EST shouldn't be affecting login servers. You also shouldn't need an autospam 0 login macro.

Vashetti

Banned
I haven't played properly for a few days so hopefully I've accumulated a bit of rested XP.

Not a fan of the gaps in the quest lines.

I shouldn't have to grind to the next level in order to continue the story.

They're the best.

What happened to the early reports about Summoners being garbage? Were they false reports?

I haven't played properly for a few days so hopefully I've accumulated a bit of rested XP.

Not a fan of the gaps in the quest lines.

I shouldn't have to grind to the next level in order to continue the story.

I'm usually right at the required level or above a level for the story, but that's because I do the sidequests that are along the way to my current objectives. It's brilliant how they set up the quest system that way, imo.

inter

For some reason none of my weapons are showing unless I'm in combat. Did I turn this off somehow and not realize it? :eek:

For some reason none of my weapons are showing unless I'm in combat. Did I turn this off somehow and not realize it? :eek:

Probably, there is an option to hide weapons. Check your character in the menu, there is a button above the model that can alter the setting.

Ken

grinding fates is about as exciting as karma farming orr in gw2

oh well at least costa del sol looks nice

and that cute courtesan meeeow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom