• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhen

Do you guys remember about the first print of Final Fantasy 13 where it included code for FF14?

I managed to get the code as I found it in google mail search. Is there any way I can redeem it?

Xux

Do you guys remember about the first print of Final Fantasy 13 where it included code for FF14?

I managed to get the code as I found it in google mail search. Is there any way I can redeem it?
There's gonna be a site called Mog Station launching with the game where you'll be able to put it in.

Goldenhen

I have no idea so I'm gonna quote from my email message

Hi Goldenhen,

Thank you for registering your copy of FINAL FANTASY XIII for PlayStation 3!

To reward you for the passion with which you follow our games, we have prepared a special gift for you.

Below you will find a unique promotional code, with which you will receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV secret in-game item, and a chance to be one of the beta testers of FINAL FANTASY XIV for PS3.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Promotional Code:

(Code here)

How to Use the Code

There are two uses for the FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code.

1. Receive a FINAL FANTASY XIV Secret In-Game Item!
After the official launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV in 2010, you will receive a secret in-game item* by registering the FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code during the registration process for FINAL FANTASY XIV.

* Details on the secret item will be revealed at a later date on SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS and the official FINAL FANTASY XIV website.

2. Enter to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3!
The promotional code also allows you to apply now for a chance to become a beta tester for FINAL FANTASY XIV for PlayStation 3. Click the link that appears below the FINAL FANTASY XIV promotional code and enter using the official beta tester application form.

koji kabuto

You can go back to the pre-order page and log into your profile it should say if the game is registered. If you aren't getting the CE stuff then yeah I would contact them.

8FwV1pi.jpg

You mean this?

Stasis

I have no idea so I'm gonna quote from my email message

Hmmm. I have an old registration code from FFXIII as well. I never used it, and therefore never received an email with another code.

My issue now is that the code format of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX won't work on the Square NA site. The card itself says to register it at Square Enix Members site, but that link doesn't work.

Any info on this?

Robin64

Kinda confused. Ordered the game, got email confirmation, shows up in my list of games. Just got the early access code this morning. Sends me to an account website where I try and log in but it says that email isn't registered.

So how have they been emailing me..? Blech.

N.A

Banned
Kinda confused. Ordered the game, got email confirmation, shows up in my list of games. Just got the early access code this morning. Sends me to an account website where I try and log in but it says that email isn't registered.

So how have they been emailing me..? Blech.

Use your username.

Hmmm. I have an old registration code from FFXIII as well. I never used it, and therefore never received an email with another code.

My issue now is that the code format of XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX won't work on the Square NA site. The card itself says to register it at Square Enix Members site, but that link doesn't work.

Any info on this?

I think you might want to contact Support about this, though I'm guessing you might be SOL here. Those codes are years old at this point.

koji kabuto

I think you might want to contact Support about this, though I'm guessing you might be SOL here. Those codes are years old at this point.

Yo man...you still on Ultros? i have jumped ship to Ragnarok
i regret doing that but i was asked by irl friends to join them :(

SE still have live chat support? Can't find it on the support page ...

Azrael

All right, so I got my Amazon code to register yesterday, got a 20-digit code beginning with RAAU, input that into the NA code site, assumed everything was fine. But apparently that code was only for the Moogle Helm and Cait Sith minion, and I got e-mailed a third code for early access, and that one is an RAAE code. What do I do now?

This is unbelievably convoluted.

koji kabuto

Wait, so it's supposed to show this when you register if you bought a CE? Or does this apply to the 1.0 CE people only?

Damn, now I'm confused now.

I'm not one of the 1.0 people, I just bought FFXIV: ARR CE (EU Downloadable version) from SE EU Store on 16/06/2013.

Goldenhen

Any info on this?

Did you used this code for PS3 beta application before? Cause I did before and I don't know if I get the bonus item or not. I have no way of knowing where to get it? I checked on moogle mail ingame phase 4 and nothing.

EDIT:
Wait, so it's supposed to show this when you register if you bought a CE? Or does this apply to the 1.0 CE people only?

Damn, now I'm confused now.

I got that but I ordered digital copy of CE. I assume it's automatically registered if you ordered digital copy from Square Enix store directly.

Jijidasu

Update regarding SGSSAA with nvidia inspector:

I've tried about 12 different profiles and there's no real gap in performance between them; they all half your frame rate and some have strange graphical glitches. If you play at 1080p and don't mind 25-40FPS then I suggest using 0x004012C5.

If you're able to run this at 25-40FPS you might just be better off downsampling to 2160p at which point you'll no longer need SGSSAA.

Jiraiza

Did you used this code for PS3 beta application before? Cause I did before and I don't know if I get the bonus item or not. I have no way of knowing where to get it? I checked on moogle mail ingame phase 4 and nothing.

EDIT:

I got that but I ordered digital copy of CE. I assume it's automatically registered if you ordered digital copy from Square Enix store directly.

I ordered the physical copy so I'm guessing a code will come with my box. Okay, good.

All hell's going to break loose if Square-Enix denies me my chocobo skins.

qq more

Alrighty, finally registered an account. I should've done this sooner because I'm getting Error 3s on the early access. Oh well, I'll get in eventually.

Update regarding SGSSAA with nvidia inspector:

I've tried about 12 different profiles and there's no real gap in performance between them; they all half your frame rate and some have strange graphical glitches. If you play at 1080p and don't mind 25-40FPS then I suggest using 0x004012C5.

If you're able to run this at 25-40FPS you might just be better off downsampling to 2160p at which point you'll no longer need SGSSAA.

SSAA will break when DX11 hits. It is, as you observed, causing graphical glitches and it murders performance. I tried the SGSSAA in both Phase 3 and Phase 4 and in both cases with a single GTX 680 it also was giving me unpleasant input lag in addition to the graphical problems. The UI also was getting blurred IIRC.

It's time to accept your FXAA overlords.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, if there are no seals from Fates, the only way to get seals are Delivery Missions and Company Leves?

Xavien

SSAA will break when DX11 hits. It is, as you observed, causing graphical glitches and it murders performance. I tried the SGSSAA in both Phase 3 and Phase 4 and in both cases with a single GTX 680 it also was giving me unpleasant input lag in addition to the graphical problems. The UI also was getting blurred IIRC.

I found Transparent Lighting set on High really doesn't work well with SGSSAA. When i changed it to normal, i ended up at locked 60fps with no noticeable loss of graphics quality.

Maybe give that a try in early access. Had no problems with UI blurring though, maybe you used a dodgy AA compatibility bit?

Lord Phol

So anyone know how Materia work in this game?
From what I understand there are certain gear that have a souldbound meter and when you fill it you can turn that equpiment into a materia, which you can then socket into other pieces of equpiment to get some stat bonuses.

Does that mean I should save all my equpiment instead of selling it? Cause I been kind of just throwing stuff that I didn't need to the vendors >>.

Jijidasu

Yeah, you're right. It had an acceptable impact on performance in P3 but P4 is just a nightmare. I've just upgraded to a MSI GTX780 gamer edition and it's still pretty bad at 1440p. So I'm ditching it for 2160p/SweetFX/FXAA.

UI did get blurred by SGSSAA too, depending on what profile but was easily fixed with sharp filters in SweetFX.

letterboxart

Neo Member
If you ordered the game from Amazon:
We haven't given out product keys yet, only early access keys. All early access keys are the same, the product key we give you on the 27th (after charging your credit card) is what activates the bonus stuff.
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1kte4s/how_to_enter_your_preorder_codes/cbsp6lw

Yeah, you're right. It had an acceptable impact on performance in P3 but P4 is just a nightmare. I've just upgraded to a MSI GTX780 gamer edition and it's still pretty bad at 1440p. So I'm ditching it for 2160p/SweetFX/FXAA.

UI did get blurred by SGSSAA too, depending on what profile but was easily fixed with sharp filters in SweetFX.

Won't downsampling make the UI super-small though, since you can't freely resize it to be a lot larger?

And I'm jealous of your GTX 780.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom