• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Phol

Also about the Danger Areas (the red rings or lines that indicate the enemy is about to make a powerful attack), am I correct in assuming that you are fine as long as you manage to step out of them before they dissapear?

For example: The enemy begins charging his attack -> a red ring appears under my feet -> I run out of it -> ring dissapears -> enemy begins his attack animation -> I run back to where the ring was -> enemy does the attack -> I'm not hit.

In this case I'm actually visually hit by the attack, but since I stepped out of the red indication before it dissapeared I don't take any damage. That was kind of my experience from the beta.

Thoraxes

Also about the Danger Areas (the red rings or lines that indicate the enemy is about to make a powerful attack), am I correct in assuming that you are fine as long as you manage to step out of them before they dissapear?

For example: The enemy begins charging his attack -> a red ring appears under my feet -> I run out of it -> ring dissapears -> enemy begins his attack animation -> I run back to where the ring was -> enemy does the attack -> I'm not hit.

In this case I'm actually visually hit by the attack, but since I stepped out of the red indication before it dissapeared I don't take any damage. That was kind of my experience from the beta.
Yes. Also remember to account for a few MS of latency as is with any online game.

meep!

Neo Member
Back around the time when ARR was announced Yoshi-P mentioned that you would have primals sort of roaming the world, and once killed they could be captured by a guild who then could use it as a summon once and after that the primal would spawn again or something like that.
I am assuming this idea was scrapped? I can see why it was, sounds cool on paper but probably wouldn't work very well.

Lord Phol

Yes. Also remember to account for a few MS of latency as is with any online game.
Gotcha, thanks!

Back around the time when ARR was announced Yoshi-P mentioned that you would have primals sort of roaming the world, and once killed they could be captured by a guild who then could use it as a summon once and after that the primal would spawn again or something like that.
I am assuming this idea was scrapped? I can see why it was, sounds cool on paper but probably wouldn't work very well.
That could work in a World vs World kind of PvP scenario. There's been talk about having the 3 Grand Companies fight over castles and the like in some kind of PvP-mode, so who knows.

koji kabuto

Wow..man...this is probably the worst customer support that i dealt with in long time...

Again anyone know if they still offering live chat support?
can't find it on the support page.

Jijidasu

Won't downsampling make the UI super-small though, since you can't freely resize it to be a lot larger?

And I'm jealous of your GTX 780.

Yeah, without using the scaling in game it'll be like this:
2160p.jpg

Jinko

CODECEPTION

I love how you have to enter a code to enter a code. This could not possibly be more convoluted. Unless they added a third code, so you would enter a code to enter a code to enter a code!

Oh ho ho ! there is infact a third code, but it comes with the game and you have to enter that into mogstation (yes a different site again)

At lest 1.0 players are spared that travesty.

Jinko

It looks like the sky in the zone Odin is in will darken/greenify when he's stalking about.

Awesome.

Sorta related:- From a while back they said that when someone summons a primal the sky will change colour, I forget if it was in that zone or across the world.

I hope this is still planned.

Forums are down for maintenance, its happening ! (these 2 days are guna drag)

erawsd

Yeah, that is exactly how it works. I'm happy they've fixed the latency that it suffered in beta 3, but it does look silly that we're dodging attacks before they ever occur. Hopefully, its something they clean up as the game progresses.

Munba

I presume, when odin appears, the weather will change into "hopelessness" status (one of the new weather seen in the xivdb page ).

Hope to see him randomly to appear around all the shrouds.

Amon-Lau

Ah guess it's the same for GMG then... =0
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1ktsyv/green_man_gaming_collectors_edition_code_will_be/

I feel stupid missing this on the email, I really should've read it better... xD;
The game launches on 27th August 2013. Shortly before then you will receive your game activation key and instructions. You will need to register to continue playing after the Early Access period closes.

I just pre-ordered the game from Amazon without knowing too much about this game. Never participated in the beta as well...

ivemadeahugemistake.jpg

=p

looks fun though

Baleoce

Is there a base HP/MP calculator for all the races at certain levels/classes? I'm interested to see the differences both early on and at 50.

Taruranto

Speaking of primals, I still can't wrap my head about the fact you can technically nuke Ifrit with fire spells because they killed elemental weaknesses.

It's just plain stupid.

Bento

I only ever seem to post questions in this thread but I'm curious, does anyone here have a 4GB (or 2GB) GTX 760 card and tried the beta or benchmark? Would love to know how the game performs with that card installed :eek:)

kirby2096

I entered my PS3 pre-order code and mine doesn't show that. It only shows early access, not the pre-order items. Did you pre-order on PSN? Mine's from amazon.
He/She redeemed the EU early access code, I assume separate teams submitted that item to SCEA and SCEE respectively, which accounts for the disparity in the item description.
I wouldn't worry about it, you'll still be getting your pre-order items when you login and link your S-E FFXIV account to your SEN account.

I only ever seem to post questions in this thread but I'm curious, does anyone here have a 4GB (or 2GB) GTX 760 card and tried the beta or benchmark? Would love to know how the game performs with that card installed :eek:)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=77632325&postcount=1579

About 1800 points higher than a Radeon 5870 that I bought 4 years ago for around the same price as a GTX 760. GPU power hasn't really progressed much when you scale down to the more affordable options. I hope the AMD cards coming out in few months time will actually be worth me upgrading.

I couldn't get any form of AA working with this game, whether it was the in game shiz or SweetFX. I was still getting nasty shimmering which I assume is from the AA, but I'm no PC expert.

It coudl've been my drivers though as I saw AMD released new drivers for FFXIV.

FWIW I'm using an AMD 7970.

I was also getting a lot more framerate drops than in P3, but it could've just been the large increase in players. Plus the drivers may have fixed it. In fact I didn't notice any drops when I ran the benchmark again with the new drivers.

Rootbeer

Banned
He/She redeemed the EU early access code, I assume separate teams submitted that item to SCEA and SCEE respectively, which accounts for the disparity in the item description.
I wouldn't worry about it, you'll still be getting your pre-order items when you login and link your S-E FFXIV account to your SEN account.

Thanks, I'm sure you're right :p Just so frustrating how backwards SE's entire system is... It's been that way for a looong time too.

Does anyone know how fast squareenix support usually is at answering questions that is sent to them?

When I wiped my phone I lost my token app thus locking me out of my account. So I just decided to talk to them via live chat support. The operator asked me for some of my account info such as my full name on file and home address. I just asked him if I could remove the security token requirement from my account and he did. It was pretty straightforward and easy so you might try live chat support.

Xavien

Does this game have a UI scale? I tried downsampling but the UI becomes tiny and I couldn't find any scaling anywhere.

UI Scale is accessed by going into HUD layout mode, selecting the UI element and pressing ctrl + home, switches between three sizes.

user1337

I entered my PS3 pre-order code and mine doesn't show that. It only shows early access, not the pre-order items. Did you pre-order on PSN? Mine's from amazon.

Shopto dot net. So its a disc copy.

I started up my PS3, went to account management and selected redeem code. This brings up the old code redeeming page (not the new PSN layout). I just put the code in there and thats what popped up.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:

I noticed that the amazon version just says (EARLY ACCESS BONUS), whereas the shopto Version says (with early access + bonus content)

That may be why....amazon didnt have the items deal on their pre-orders?

I wouldnt be too worried though, its just a cap and a minion....neither of which are going to be of any major use other than for show. The main thing is the early access, which you are getting :)

erawsd

Is there a base HP/MP calculator for all the races at certain levels/classes? I'm interested to see the differences both early on and at 50.

I haven't run across a guide that lays it all out. Its not important since the racial stats are intended to be extremely negligible in this game; at most, there is only a 6 stat difference between the best and worst race in any given category.

For instance, you get 15 HP from VIT @ 50. Max level PLD have around 4000 HP (likely much higher with new ARR gear), while the difference between a Roegadyn PLD and Lala PLD is only ~90HP.

dino1980

When I wiped my phone I lost my token app thus locking me out of my account. So I just decided to talk to them via live chat support. The operator asked me for some of my account info such as my full name on file and home address. I just asked him if I could remove the security token requirement from my account and he did. It was pretty straightforward and easy so you might try live chat support.

Ok thanks, will try that :)

Damn, regretting sticking with Sarg now- looks like most of the EU people (even more so than Ragnarok) are on Ultros...

Most new players made their way to Ultros which is the new server. Both Ragnarok and Sargatanas are Legacy servers.

If you played in Phase 4 you at most had 3 days of play. If you started over on Ultros, you're not exactly losing a lot of playtime. The decision is yours.

Baleoce

I haven't run across a guide that lays it all out. Its not important since the racial stats are intended to be extremely negligible in this game; at most, there is only a 6 stat difference between the best and worst race in any given category.

For instance, you get 15 HP from VIT @ 50. Max level PLD have around 4000 HP (likely much higher with new ARR gear), while the difference between a Roegadyn PLD and Lala PLD is only ~90HP.

Wow, only that much difference at 50, I'm surprised. In a pleasant way.

Valnen

Speaking of primals, I still can't wrap my head about the fact you can technically nuke Ifrit with fire spells because they killed elemental weaknesses.

It's just plain stupid.
It's not really stupid, with mechanics like that you end up gimping classes on the fight and that isn't fun for players who play those classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom