• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Forum let me login, shows my beta character as of the end of phase 4... cool beans. But yeah it's slow.

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:

I noticed that the amazon version just says (EARLY ACCESS BONUS), whereas the shopto Version says (with early access + bonus content)

That may be why....amazon didnt have the items deal on their pre-orders?

I double checked and, at least on amazon USA, the product page for the PS3 version still says you get the mog cap and minion.

Personally after all the headache the early access fiasco has been, you better believe I want those items :p I'm not worried about getting them... yet.

It's not really stupid, with mechanics like that you end up gimping classes on the fight and that isn't fun for players who play those classes.

No you don't, I play Thaumaturge and I'd love to have more complicated combat where I had to choose the right spells for the right enemies to make a small difference in the amount of damage I do, and in some rare cases have that difference be large. But from what I can tell so far, all fights are fought exactly the same by me in terms if which spells I cast in which order, which is kinda boring.

user1337

I'm well aware of that. But with all these codes and account linking and stuff I'd just want to make sure, I guess.

Because its just the SE accounts linking to your PSN, it shouldnt matter which copy of the game you have as you will need to log in using your SE account in game any way, and all players have access to all servers.

I'd be worried if the servers were restricted to regions, but they arent :)

Forum let me login, shows my beta character as of the end of phase 4... cool beans. But yeah it's slow.

I double checked and, at least on amazon USA, the product page for the PS3 version still says you get the mog cap and minion.

Personally after all the headache the early access fiasco has been, you better believe I want those items :p I'm not worried about getting them... yet.

Lol, lets hope it all works out then.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm not familiar with how the older forums worked. But it looks like there are limits to how you can use the forum based on your main character's level (you can select which character on your account is your main from the forum settings)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63381-Forum-Design-and-Features-Update-(Aug.-22)

Thread Creation Forum Posts
Level 1-14 Unable to create new threads Unable to make a post
Level 15-24 Can post up to three posts per day
Level 25-39 Can create one thread per day Can post up to five posts per day
Level 40-49 Can create up to three threads per day Can post up to 10 posts per day
Level 50 Can create up to five threads per day Can post up to 20 posts per day

Can't even post on the forum till you are level 15 :p Well, except in the tech support and newbie areas.

qq more

YESSSS

Finally got the early access code and now I'm finally downloading the client!

I'm not familiar with how the older forums worked. But it looks like there are limits to how you can use the forum based on your main character's level (you can select which character on your account is your main from the forum settings)

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63381-Forum-Design-and-Features-Update-(Aug.-22)

Level 40-49 Can create up to three threads per day Can post up to 10 posts per day

Whaaat? That's silly.

Rootbeer

Banned
Can you imagine if you were limited to posting only 20 posts per day on GAF? Even if you had GAF gold?

What would we do with ourselves? Play more games I guess.

Arbitrary restrictions like this really inhibit the community aspect of the game. Which is messed up since this is an MMORPG. Guess fan forums will remain where most stuff is discussed.

Jinko

Well I think this is to stop trolling and spamming from taking place, both the 1.0 forums and beta forums were full of nonsense threads.

It kind of makes sense but it's does seem a little on the drastic side.

Gibbo

hey guys- im in singapore and im thinking of getting it digitally on Amazon (US) - in time for early access on saturday. Any advice against doing this? region restrictions, problems w early access,etc

user1337

Persona 4 Arena is region locked.

I stand corrected, you are right. It is indeed the first ever PS3 disc based game to be region locked.

hey guys- im in singapore and im thinking of getting it digitally on Amazon (US) - in time for early access on saturday. Any advice against doing this? region restrictions, problems w early access,etc

As mentioned above, we really dont know anything about region locks on this, but I would place a safe bet that it Wont be locked. In such a case, no advice against :).

Munba

Well I think this is to stop trolling and spamming from taking place, both the 1.0 forums and beta forums were full of nonsense threads.

It kind of makes sense but it's does seem a little on the drastic side.

My thoughts too.

Lain

Can't even post on the forum till you are level 15 :p Well, except in the tech support and newbie areas.

Sounds stupid to me.

Zafir

As far as I'm aware you just need to make sure you select us when in input the early access.

The servers are all open to everyone regardless of game region.

Xavien

Can you imagine if you were limited to posting only 20 posts per day on GAF? Even if you had GAF gold?

What would we do with ourselves? Play more games I guess.

Arbitrary restrictions like this really inhibit the community aspect of the game. Which is messed up since this is an MMORPG. Guess fan forums will remain where most stuff is discussed.

Lets be honest here, official mmo forums are troll-filled cesspool from hell most of the time. I try to avoid going to them as much as possible.

FDC1

I was finally able to validate my pre-order code for PS3 version (but I didn't received confirmation email yet). So for the ealy access, it's the same client than for phase 4 it seems. Happy I didn't delete it and I don't have to re-download 6Gb. I need to be more watchful about all this infos lol.

Valnen

So did anyone else only see "Mog Cap" and "Caith Sith Minion" and not "Early Access" when registering their code? I thought getting those items meant you got early access?

BooJoh

Lets be honest here, official mmo forums are troll-filled cesspool from hell most of the time. I try to avoid going to them as much as possible.

Pretty much. The WoW forums have always been full of people posting on level 1 alts to hide their identity while trolling or flaming.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Most new players made their way to Ultros which is the new server. Both Ragnarok and Sargatanas are Legacy servers.

If you played in Phase 4 you at most had 3 days of play. If you started over on Ultros, you're not exactly losing a lot of playtime. The decision is yours.

1.0 character; leveling up the battle classes again is fine (I didn't get very far in anything but LNC anyway) but going through the tedium of leveling up crafting again... ah well.

Qvoth

not sure if they accept a credit cards that has a billing address not in the US
which server u on? if ultros add me hor

Jinko

Are players requesting Moogle Delivery to mules on the same account yet?

Really needs to be in the game ASAP.

I get the feeling they did this on purpose so people couldn't use alt characters as mules.

I think eventually we should have additional storage options for our housing, they also mentioned there will be a mini aetheryte for our house so we can easily teleport/return there and a retainer bell also.

Isaccard

I wish you Mumble people would realize that there are over 200 people in the Ultros guild already, there will be probably be even more in EA/Launch, and the vast majority of them are NOT in Mumble. Use the Steam chat or the LS/FC chats and stop leaving the vast majority of people out!

LS chat was pretty Eh all weekend, and the Steam chat is usually dead, and used a secondary text chat for people also in mumble. No one's being "left out" but it's your prerogative/loss if you don't want to join those of us on mumble. People were encouraged multiple times to do so.

/shrug

Torquill

New launcher version today. Also no longer shows the "maint" page so people who weren't in beta can start getting all the files for early access.

Jinko

I wish you Mumble people would realize that there are over 200 people in the Ultros guild already, there will be probably be even more in EA/Launch, and the vast majority of them are NOT in Mumble. Use the Steam chat or the LS/FC chats and stop leaving the vast majority of people out!

Don't worry, 2 months down the road there will only be 25 of you left ;)

So did anyone else only see "Mog Cap" and "Caith Sith Minion" and not "Early Access" when registering their code? I thought getting those items meant you got early access?

I pre-ordered from Amazon and apparently the code I got via email was for the DLC *and* the early access. I already registered and downloaded the client.

Has there been any indication as to when those of us without early access/pre-order can enter our keys on the acct management site? It's been down for maintenance for a few days now.

Muddimar

Yeah... I'm in the same boat. Pre-ordered my collectors edition from Amazon... registered the code and it only shows the items you mentioned... perhaps we'll receive another code at a later time?

Baleoce

Yeah... I'm in the same boat. Pre-ordered my collectors edition from Amazon... registered the code and it only shows the items you mentioned... perhaps we'll receive another code at a later time?

Everyone's in the same boat, I wouldn't worry. The code you get from your retailer is just for early access and the base game. There'll be a code with your collectors edition either by email or in the box (depending on physical or digital) that will allow you to register your copy as a collectors edition. It's all a bit convoluted though I agree.

Xux

Has there been any indication as to when those of us without early access/pre-order can enter our keys on the acct management site? It's been down for maintenance for a few days now.
They're launching a new FFXIV account site on the 27th.

Muddimar

Everyone's in the same boat, I wouldn't worry. The code you get from your retailer is just for early access and the base game. There'll be a code with your collectors edition either by email or in the box (depending on physical or digital) that will allow you to register your copy as a collectors edition. It's all a bit convoluted though I agree.

Well that's good to hear haha. I was pretty worried when I put my code in... chocobo armor looks badass!

TheContact

I was finally able to validate my pre-order code for PS3 version (but I didn't received confirmation email yet). So for the ealy access, it's the same client than for phase 4 it seems. Happy I didn't delete it and I don't have to re-download 6Gb. I need to be more watchful about all this infos lol.

Yeah I was close to deleting too, it does use the same client. Playing it on console is great and is the only reason I'm buying and subbing to this game, but it just looks bad compared to PC version. I'm sure they'll end up making a PS4 version sometime in 2014 though

Z3M0G

No you don't, I play Thaumaturge and I'd love to have more complicated combat where I had to choose the right spells for the right enemies to make a small difference in the amount of damage I do, and in some rare cases have that difference be large. But from what I can tell so far, all fights are fought exactly the same by me in terms if which spells I cast in which order, which is kinda boring.

I forgot all about this, and I feel it is a legit complaint. If there are true benefits to the mass community, it will not be plain to see and will take time to understand.

It is just a very strange concept... to have elemental spells just because they are "traditional" while not having them have any elemental properties at all. Elements always played a huge roll in Final Fantasy (XIII pretty much ignores them too, really...)

PerZona

Hi there, I'm from Singapore too and ordered the CE digital version from Amazon. I don't think there's any region restrictions as I have played the beta with no issues or whatsoever.

Do add me if you're playing on Ultros server too! ;)

I'm in the middle of a back and forth with GMG support. What a crappy support that is...

Here's what's going on:
- Back in may, GMG had a version of ARR on sale, which didn't specify the region.
- I questioned them about it and they assured I would get the correct region.
- Later on (don't know when), they removed that version and put up one labelled (NA) which, hopefully, is the NA version of the game.
- I asked why the other one was pulled, and the answer was "We removed the game as it is not available in your region".

Now I'm waiting for support to confirm if that "not available" claim means they corrected and I can get an US key (I doubt it, the preorder code was wrong in the end, even after the fix), or if I'm screwed. If it's the latter, it would be a very shitty move on their part, because it's perfectly possible for them to shift my purchase to another key pool.

Square sent me 2 RAAU early access codes. i don't want that. stop.
Looks like we'll have to trade our CE keys too, in the end :p
What a mess...

TheContact

In the beta I made a Highlander Marauder but he came out really ugly, I didn't know the character would transfer over to early access/live so I didn't really care, but now I think I'm going to make a new character, one that I'd enjoy looking at. I can't decide between Thaumaturge or Lancer for the initial class. Is one typically easier than the other to play on a controller since I'll be mostly playing this on ps3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom