• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the middle of a back and forth with GMG support. What a crappy support that is...

Here's what's going on:
- Back in may, GMG had a version of ARR on sale, which didn't specify the region.
- I questioned them about it and they assured I would get the correct region.
- Later on (don't know when), they removed that version and put up one labelled (NA) which, hopefully, is the NA version of the game.
- I asked why the other one was pulled, and the answer was "We removed the game as it is not available in your region".

Now I'm waiting for support to confirm if that "not available" claim means they corrected and I can get an US key (I doubt it, the preorder code was wrong in the end, even after the fix), or if I'm screwed. If it's the latter, it would be a very shitty move on their part, because it's perfectly possible for them to shift my purchase to another key pool.

Looks like we'll have to trade our CE keys too, in the end :p
What a mess...

looks like it.

i wonder if square can transfer EU account to NA. i rather since i live in NA and all lol.

hank_tree

I'm well aware of that. But with all these codes and account linking and stuff I'd just want to make sure, I guess.

I had some region issues with the PS3 version of the Beta.

I have a NA PSN account but an EU Square Enix account.

1. I download the EU client (using another EU PSN account). I load the client with my NA PSN account. I get an error because there is no open beta item linked to my NA account. Fair enough.

2. I download the NA client using my NA PSN account. When I try to login using my EU SE account I get an error "You account region does not match the region of the client" Or something like that.

I'm hoping this was just because of the trails and won't carry over to the full game. I'm not expecting early access to work either though since the open beta didn't work.

Edit; I should point out that I didn't have this issue with the closed beta. Only the open beta last weekend. For the closed beta I just download the EU client. Launched it using my NA PSN account and then played using my EU SE account.

Here's hoping 1.0 players won't have to configure anything on the Mog Station for launch so that the traffic is just new players registering their keys.

erawsd

I forgot all about this, and I feel it is a legit complaint. If there are true benefits to the mass community, it will not be plain to see and will take time to understand.

It is just a very strange concept... to have elemental spells just because they are "traditional" while not having them have any elemental properties at all. Elements always played a huge roll in Final Fantasy (XIII pretty much ignores them too, really...)

It is strange, but it is a nightmare to try and tune that stuff on every encounter in the entire game. One of the reasons balance has been sorta goofy in XI and XIV 1.0 is because they tried to preserve the elemental/physical weaknesses. We end up with a ton of cases where players are, effectively, encouraged to sit one class and stack another.

In the beta I made a Highlander Marauder but he came out really ugly, I didn't know the character would transfer over to early access/live so I didn't really care, but now I think I'm going to make a new character, one that I'd enjoy looking at. I can't decide between Thaumaturge or Lancer for the initial class. Is one typically easier than the other to play on a controller since I'll be mostly playing this on ps3?

Aren't they going to have something in game to change appearance?

koji kabuto

This is about as much as I know on the subject right now.

Thanks alot!

But i think 90 HP difference it's pretty low!
I remember in 1.0 all races had the same base states and you modify your character as much as you sees it fit.
Maybe they want to do the same and also add "a little extra"

Khrno

Thanks alot!

But i think 90 HP difference it's pretty low!
I remember in 1.0 all races had the same base states and you modify your character as much as you sees it fit.
Maybe they want to do the same and also add "a little extra"

Going by what Baleoce just said, the bonus actually scales, because at level 1, a point of VIT gives you 8 HP (same for PIE and MP).

So it's something like

Level 1: VIT/PIE+1 = HP/MP+8
Level 50: VIT/PIE+1 = HP/MP+15

From Reddit, that damage

yJ7i3XK.gif

LOL

koji kabuto

Going by what Baleoce just said, the bonus actually scales, because at level 1, a point of VIT gives you 8 HP (same for PIE and MP).

So it's something like

Level 1: VIT/PIE+1 = HP/MP+8
Level 50: VIT/PIE+1 = HP/MP+15

Thats really cool with me since now i can play any class without the fear of being the "weakest link" at level 50 while doing end game activities & big battles.

Khrno

Thats really cool with me since now i can play any class without the fear of being the "weakest link" at level 50 while doing end game activities & big battles.

Hopefully now that "weakest link" will be decided by players' skill, and not by job design or race stats.

Robin64

Sweet, installer finally installs the game. :D

Downloading at silly speeds, says it will take 45 mins. It can takes its time as far as I'm concerned, but good to know I'll be all ready to play, servers permitting.

Koeta

Question about PS3 Beta versions, I had the beta 3 client, was wondering if I was able to get beta 4 and if it would work as a retail copy for me to use on my ps3 >.>? since it's pretty much the retail client anyway?

user1337

Can someone who is more familiar with MMO's (this is my first) explain to me why we would need more than 1 character per world? Whats the benefit?

Basically why should I buy the 6 month subsciprtion instead of the monthly ones depending on how much time I can put into the game in any given month.

N.A

Banned
does official launch immediately follow early access, as in, no server down time?

Yes.

Can someone who is more familiar with MMO's (this is my first) explain to me why we would need more than 1 character per world? Whats the benefit?

Basically why should I buy the 6 month subsciprtion instead of the monthly ones depending on how much time I can put into the game in any given month.

Most MMOs only allow 1 class per character so you would need multiple characters to play as all classes. In XIV you can do everything on one character so you only need more if you want alternate appearance or more storage space (you cannot directly move items between characters but you can trade them to a friend then have the friend send them to your alt)

LaneDS

Some folks will want more than one character for cosmetic reasons, or to experience the story again or from a different starting area (things are different from 1-15 depending on your starting city, then converge for the most part).

I'm sure there are some other reasons but I think the basic subscription is going to be the most popular and most pragmatic choice for most folks.

Question about PS3 Beta versions, I had the beta 3 client, was wondering if I was able to get beta 4 and if it would work as a retail copy for me to use on my ps3 >.>? since it's pretty much the retail client anyway?

Not sure if I understand, but P3 client is useless. If you were in P4, then you should have the client already which is the full game. However, you would need to register the game come launch when you get the disc or you can just buy it from the PS Store. BTW P4 is over.

user1337

Thanks N.A and LaneDS

I think initially I will go with the 1 character sub and if my goodie bag does indeed start to over flow.. I'll reconsider and pick the other option.

That said, I doubt I will need 300+ slots worth of goodies...surely? A few armour sets for different classes and some potions etc. I dont intend to play every single class, but definitely will be playing 3-4 classes.

Croyles

So will be getting this game to try it out. Does it have a free trial period before you have to subscribe?

Haven't played an MMO since FFXI.

I know Linkshells are listed in the OP but which server do you recommend? How can I join these linkshells/ who do I have to ask, and what are Free Companies?

erawsd

Sorry if already posted but it seems the new Launcher has some updated notes on all the issues fixed since Phase 4. Looks like they nailed everything. The translation is kinda rough...

Thank you for playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We are notifying about the issues that occurred and measures taken during the Beta Test Phase 4.

-For Worlds under the North America/European Data Centers, we have resolved the issue where in some cases Error 3102 was displayed and was not allowing login.

Since the detail of the error was that it occurs when a Character is left in a World for a short period of time, the error may display upon situations such as connection loss. Even in that case, we have fixed the issue so players are able to login again after a minute or so.

-We have resolved the issue where in some cases Error 90000 was displayed and was having login difficulty.

-We have resolved the issue where in some cases Error 90000 was displayed and players were unable to move to certain areas.

-We have resolved the issue where in some cases players were unable to complete Main Quests and Class Quests even though they were completed.

Also regarding the Beta Test Phase 4, we are currently fixing the data for Characters that had the corresponding issues.

*There are Quests that allows players to choose their rewards, but we have reports saying that the status of the selection stayed as unselected. For Quests that allows players to select their rewards, we please ask our players to select the rewards.

-We have resolved the issue where in some cases players were unable to complete certain Sub Quests even though they were completed.

Also regarding the Beta Test Phase 4, we are sorry to ask our players to abandon the Quest once and offer it again for the corresponding issues if occurred.

*There are Quests that allows players to choose their rewards, but we have reports saying that the status of the selection stayed as unselected. For Quests that allows players to select their rewards, we please ask our players to select the rewards.

-We have made a change, so when receiving damage during an Event and in some cases unable to progress in certain Quests, players will no longer receive damage.

Also, regarding the Beta Test Phase 4, we are sorry to ask our players to abandon the Quest once and offer it again for the corresponding issues if occurred.

-We have resolved the issue where in some cases players were unable to progress Guildleve Release Quest.

Also regarding the Beta Test Phase 4, we are currently fixing the data for Characters that had the corresponding issues.

-We have resolved the issue where in some cases the client program force quits when selecting a Character.

-We have resolved the issue when completing Thaumaturge and Fisher Class Release Quest, the amount of gear set increases by two.
*Gear sets normally increase by one

Also, if affected by this issue, some players will be at a disadvantage compared to other players so for the corresponding Characters, we are planning to implement a compensation. We will notify everyone once we decide on the compensation date and method.

-We have resolved the issue when in some cases during a server outage, the action to mount and call a Minion was disappearing.

Also, for Characters that have the call action disappear, the action has been reinstated.

-We have resolved the issue when in some cases during a server outage, Items that were stored in the Cabinet was disappearing.

Also, for Characters that have lost Items, what was in the Cabinet has been reinstated.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
With the early access its going to be back to grinding crafting for me. Good times with that need to finish making my own HQ sets and such.

Then go find iron to dig. D:

Khrno

So will be getting this game to try it out. Does it have a free trial period before you have to subscribe?

Haven't played an MMO since FFXI.

I know Linkshells are listed in the OP but which server do you recommend? How can I join these linkshells/ who do I have to ask, and what are Free Companies?

1 free month for new players.

To join a LS/FC ask the people in charge of them from the server you want to join, they are listed in the OP.

LaneDS

Good to hear! This part is interesting and I'm not really sure what they mean:

-We have resolved the issue when completing Thaumaturge and Fisher Class Release Quest, the amount of gear set increases by two.
*Gear sets normally increase by one

Also, if affected by this issue, some players will be at a disadvantage compared to other players so for the corresponding Characters, we are planning to implement a compensation. We will notify everyone once we decide on the compensation date and method.

The LS chat was pretty dead all of Phase 4 because people were talking in Mumble instead. So yeah, my assessment of the situation is the correct one.

There was plenty of LS chat going on though not as much chat as phase 3. That's mostly because we were split into 2 Linkshells and half of the people were locked out of the game due to errors.

Sorry if already posted but it seems the new Launcher has some updated notes on all the issues fixed since Phase 4. Looks like they nailed everything. The translation is kinda rough...

Nice! Now lets hope we don't see new errors and we are able to log even though, they did tweet that there will be a timely login process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom