• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Anyone know if the PS3 and PC versions will save your gear sets when alternating between the two or will you have to create new sets whenever you switch?

Anyone know if the PS3 and PC versions will save your gear sets when alternating between the two or will you have to create new sets whenever you switch?

Everything is server side so, you will be good switching from one to another.

Edit: What is this patch everyone is speaking of? I load up Launcher, got client update(8/22/13), but when i put in my password and hit login, I get "No service available blah, blah, blah." Is there a patch?

Croyles

1 free month for new players.

To join a LS/FC ask the people in charge of them from the server you want to join, they are listed in the OP.

Thanks man.

Are those servers with the Linkshells listed US servers? I am in Germany and am wondering if the latency would be bad. My internet is also not very good.

Billing question:

I'm assuming billing will come up on the 27th, but I was wondering if the option for the 180 day (6 months) sub is meant to be paid all up front to get the $13 a month price?

Khrno

Everything is server side so, you will be good switching from one to another.

I'm sorry but that's not the case. Looking into the following folder in my PC:

C:\Users\*user*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\FFXIV_CHR00400000013B86C9

There are .DAT files that save all your settings, in this case, GEARSET.DAT, which is the file that saves all your gear sets, same with other files for hotbars, key binds, macros, ui, etc.

I'm sorry but that's not the case. Looking into the following folder in my PC:

C:\Users\*user*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\FFXIV_CHR00400000013B86C9

There are .DAT files that save all your settings, in this case, GEARSET.DAT, which is the file that saves all your gear sets, same with other files for hotbars, key binds, macros, ui, etc.
Well, there it goes. I assumed everything was server side. Oh well, I'm the ass.

Khrno

Thanks man.

Are those servers with the Linkshells listed US servers? I am in Germany and am wondering if the latency would be bad. My internet is also not very good.

All NA and EU worlds are based on Canada, but the latency is great, compared to playing in the JP worlds where the lag is noticeable.

Since you are from Germany you can choose to join most of GAF new players in Ultros, it seems like quite a few EU players will be starting there, however, if you prefer to play within a EU community, or even more exactly a German one, Ragnarok would be the best option, due to it being a Legacy wpr;d (hosting 1.0 players and new players alike), it was the recommended world during 1.0 for EU players, so the community already exists there. I even know a few German players which I used to do dungeon runs for the Relic weapon quest.

Salaadin

Cant they save gearsets and hotbars locally and server side?
FFXI did that with macros. Macros were all local unless you keyed in a code at character select to save them on the server. Then you keyed in another code on another version of the game to grab that server save and download it to the other version.
Its how I kept consistent macros across PS2, 360, and PC versions of FFXI.

Maybe FFXIV does this automatically?

Khrno

Well, there it goes. I assumed everything was server side. Oh well, I'm the ass.

To be honest, all these things should be stored server side, but unfortunately they're not. We can only hope they will include this feature in the near future.

Cant they save gearsets and hotbars locally and server side?
FFXI did that with macros. Macros were all local unless you keyed in a code at character select to save them on the server. Then you keyed in another code on another version of the game to grab that server save and download it to the other version.
Its how I kept consistent macros across PS2, 360, and PC versions of FFXI.

Maybe FFXIV does this automatically?

Well during phase 3, it didn't do it. So we would need someone that played both on PC and PS3 in this last Open Beta to confirm if this still the case, or not anymore.

Croyles

All NA and EU worlds are based on Canada, but the latency is great, compared to playing in the JP worlds where the lag is noticeable.

Since you are from Germany you can choose to join most of GAF new players in Ultros, it seems like quite a few EU players will be starting there, however, if you prefer to play within a EU community, or even more exactly a German one, Ragnarok would be the best option, due to it being a Legacy wpr;d (hosting 1.0 players and new players alike), it was the recommended world during 1.0 for EU players, so the community already exists there. I even know a few German players which I used to do dungeon runs for the Relic weapon quest.

Thanks man that helps a lot. I think I will be choosing Ultros and see if I can join the Gather Against Fate guys.

I didn't want a purely German experience or anything and the amount of people on GAF joining Ultros will probably be more fun for me.

Khrno

Thanks man that helps a lot. I think I will be choosing Ultros and see if I can join the Gather Against Fate guys.

I didn't want a purely German experience or anything and the amount of people on GAF joining Ultros will probably be more fun for me.

2-3 weeks after launch, if time zones don't work for you, there will be server transfers, so the option is still there if needed.

Edit: sorry meant 2-3 weeks

Croyles

2-3 months after launch, if time zones don't work for you, there will be server transfers, so the option is still there if needed.

I literally forgot about time differences.. Damn. Oh well should be fine as you said there are quite a few EU players starting there. I'll just stick with it for now and see how it goes.

user1337

2-3 months after launch, if time zones don't work for you, there will be server transfers, so the option is still there if needed.

ooooh didnt know about this! Thanks for that info. I was wondering if they would ever let you try another world if your original choice becomes too laggy due to distance.

Dunan

Regarding subscriptions, how is stopping and restarting going to work?

Will credit cards bills recur every month (or 3 months, or 6) automatically, with us having to notify SE that we want to take some time off from the game? Or will we pre-pay for time, and when the time expires, we'll be refused at the log-in screen?

I suspect I'll be playing this off and on for years, so I'd prefer a system where it's very easy to have your paid time not be continuous.

And will there be region restrictions on credit cards?

Salaadin

Well during phase 3, it didn't do it. So we would need someone that played both on PC and PS3 in this last Open Beta to confirm if this still the case, or not anymore.

Damn. I hope its an option or becomes one soon.
I plan on getting the PS4 version when it gets here and by then, Im going to have a lot of stuff set up that I will want to transfer.

Rootbeer

Banned
just now got the e-mail for the pre-order code i redeemed yesterday... took about 24 hours to arrive. Just some info for anyone who hasn't gotten one yet

user1337

I plan on getting the PS4 version when it gets here and by then, Im going to have a lot of stuff set up that I will want to transfer.

The PS3 version as far as I could tell didnt have any Game data save, but I think there was a separate save file. I will need to check when I get home from work.

RK9039

At what level do you get your mount? The CE gives us some mount, Coeurl or something.

Are we allowed to use SweetFX with this game? I read some people saying that there's no problems using it.

Khrno

Well, when that happens you will feel like we Legacy players do now, most of our playing time at the beginning was arranging hotbars, macros, gear sets, UI, etc.

Khrno

At what level do you get your mount? The CE gives us some mount, Coeurl or something.

Level 20, I believe you need to get your Grand Company Chocobo first before using any mount.

I created a new character during the Open Beta, and since my main character is Legacy, I had received a special Legacy Chocobo, which my new character also received, however I couldn't use it because I didn't have the GC Chocobo yet in that new character.

antitrop

I got invited to the Phase 4 beta, but I didn't know your progress would carry over.

Should have played it. :( I did play 1.0 Beta 1 in 2010 and Phase 1 for ARR in 2013.

RK9039

Level 20, I believe you need to get your Grand Company Chocobo first before using any mount.

I created a new character during the Open Beta, and since my main character is Legacy, I had received a special Legacy Chocobo, which my new character also received, however I couldn't use it because I didn't have the GC Chocobo yet in that new character.

Ah, thanks.

potam

Banned
Anyone know how I can check to see whether or not I registered my preorder code (the 20 digit one for the extras)? I think I did it yesterday, but I can't be sure.

Vashetti

Banned
Titan fight from Gamescom: http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/08/21/final-fantasy-xiv-online-offscreen-gamescom-2013.

(sorry if this has already been posted, I don't think I've seen this link around here yet)

Why are they clicking all the buttons with the mouse

tumblr_m1px3uOHWE1r14o02o1_500.gif

I played on PC and PS3 in phase 4 and I had to reset my hotbar. It was not synced between the two.

Khrno

Does that 2-3 weeks include legacy characters on legacy servers transferring to fresh start or have they not given a time on that yet

Nop, Legacy characters will be able to transfer to Legacy servers, but not to new servers at least until 6 months (since Yoshida didn't mention any new time frame for those specially during the Live Letter).

New to New servers, New to Legacy servers and Legacy to Legacy servers will be the transfers available next month.

Trying to post on their tech support forum and it's treating my account like a new one, having me pick a user name. I figured they wiped beta accounts so i attempt the name i've had, and it's taken. ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom