• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dog is best bird.
PgMPlet.jpg

Khrno

You have to name your chocobo?
Oh man, this will become a big trouble.

...Sophia?

When you get your Grand Company Chocobo, they clearly state that it is a male Chocobo.

There will be female Chocobos raised through Chocobo Raising in your own house.

Kyoufu

Okay guys, here's a challenging question.

Apparently Square-Enix are allowing you to buy up to 8 copies of the game that can be registered on the same account. 3 characters can be used simultaneously on the same account.

Now here's the million dollar question:

Do you need to pay the monthly fee for the additional copies registered on your account? If not, then there's a mule solution.

Khrno

Apparently Square-Enix are allowing you to buy up to 8 copies of the game that can be registered on the same account. 3 characters can be used simultaneously on the same account.

Do you need to pay the monthly fee for the additional copies registered on your account? If not, then there's a mule solution.

First time I hear of this, do you have a link to read more about it please?

Moobabe

GOD! I tried to register my 18 digit code. I was NEVER successful according to the webpage. Then I suddenly get an 20 code in my email 1/2 a day later. An hour or so after that, I get a second email that was the exact same with the same code, except that where they had "(PC)", it was blank. I used that code yesterday to register.

They just sent me a third email with a brand new code thanking me for pre-ordering. So, even though my last one registered, I guess I'm going to register this second code in case there is a problem with my old code.

Fix your shit, guys!

EDIT :::::

"The entered code has already been registered."

Fuck you guys!!!! lol

It's comical at this point.

Yeah - they've sent me two of the exact same code to 2 different email addresses - BOTH of which say they can't be registered because my code's region differs to my account region.

My account is UK and my code is EU.

Thanks SE. Still waiting on a response to my support ticket.

Jinko

Ask dega he was running a mule account in 1.0 and beta.

B-Dex

Alright. PS3 pre-order items linked to my existing account. Got all my stuff linked and it's patching back up on PS3 now.

Wow @ that Titan video, lol. So bad. :p

Hmm, you know watching it though... That one line attack Titan does that knocks you off, holy shit that is a short wind-up. I mean, it's so fast, it seems hard to be able to even react in time. xD Maybe it'll feel easier when I'm actually in game and playing.

---

Also, I made a thread on the new XIV forums regarding the inability to quickly see your own debuffs when in a party/FATEs/etc. I had one on the beta forums that got some pretty good feedback, but those forums are gone now.

If anyone is interested in reading my suggestions or whatever: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...not-quickly-see-if-my-debuffs-are-on-enemies.

SkyOdin

If there aren't a few hundred chocobos named Boko or Boco running around Eorzea, I am going to be a little disappointed in the community. Not certain what I am going to name mine, though.

Salaadin

Are they going to have any kind of buddy program? I read that our original CE buddy passes will work but, if I cant find mine, will I have another option? And will PC buddy passes work for PS3 versions?
Id love for my brother to try the game out but hed be on PS3. He doesnt want to spend 40 bucks on a game he might not like.

Moobabe

I'm worried I'll have seen everything by the time the game is out!

3 Tour of Eorzea videos, videos of the dungeons, now primals!

Decay24

Neo Member
Are they going to have any kind of buddy program? I read that our original CE buddy passes will work but, if I cant find mine, will I have another option? And will PC buddy passes work for PS3 versions?
Id love for my brother to try the game out but hed be on PS3. He doesnt want to spend 40 bucks on a game he might not like.

I still got mine from the CE Sal, I can hook you up if needed.

Khrno

They haven't announced anything specific, the closer to that is that there will be a trial, probably a client just like the one from OB, for a certain amount of time with a level 20 cap.

About the 1.0 buddy passes, they will honour them, if there's still any around they will work as old 1.0 registration codes, and for accounts created with them, they will be just the same as any other 1.0 account, and they will receive the game and 15 days free.

LaneDS

Anyone know if the codes that came with FFXIII still work for the armguards? For whatever reason I no longer remember I was never able to redeem my code years back, and while I don't care too much it'd be nice to get those too.

Khrno

Also, I made a thread on the new XIV forums regarding the inability to quickly see your own debuffs when in a party/FATEs/etc. I had one on the beta forums that got some pretty good feedback, but those forums are gone now.

If anyone is interested in reading my suggestions or whatever: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...not-quickly-see-if-my-debuffs-are-on-enemies.

Wasn't your thread, or a similar thread in the beta forums, acknowledged by one of the mods? I remember seeing one with similar screenshots listed on the Dev Tracker.

Anyone know if the codes that came with FFXIII still work for the armguards? For whatever reason I no longer remember I was never able to redeem my code years back, and while I don't care too much it'd be nice to get those too.

They might work, since all the older codes work, just try registering it on monday or tuesday.

Wasn't your thread, or a similar thread in the beta forums, acknowledged by one of the mods? I remember seeing one with similar screenshots listed on the Dev Tracker.

If it was, I didn't see it. Was it recent or something? I checked last night, but there was no update about that.

Prior to open beta starting, I think they posted their "fix" to this problem (making your seconds remaining a light green), but after playing phase 4, I've (and others) have come to the conclusion that it just isn't enough. There needs to be more of a difference. Plus, light green is a terrible color to use since some people are colorblind and the white and light green colors are too similar.

Salaadin

I still got mine from the CE Sal, I can hook you up if needed.

Stop following me!! :p
Thanks. Ill look for mine tonight and let you know.

They haven't announced anything specific, the closer to that is that there will be a trial, probably a client just like the one from OB, for a certain amount of time with a level 20 cap.

About the 1.0 buddy passes, they will honour them, if there's still any around they will work as old 1.0 registration codes, and for accounts created with them, they will be just the same as any other 1.0 account, and they will receive the game and 15 days free.

Ahh ok. Thanks for the info.

syoaran

Hmm, looks like Amazon are not going to release the CE copies until after the bank holiday here in the UK. Err, so I presume after Early access ends I'll be unable to access my account until I put in the key from amazon?

Khrno

If it was, I didn't see it. Was it recent or something? I checked last night, but there was no update about that.

Prior to open beta starting, I think they posted their "fix" to this problem (making your seconds remaining a light green), but after playing phase 4, I've (and others) have come to the conclusion that it just isn't enough. There needs to be more of a difference. Plus, light green is a terrible color to use since some people are colorblind and the white and light green colors are too similar.

Right, I might have been seen that fix post then.

falastini

I assumed there would be filters in the options, but I didn't look into it during P4. That would indeed be a problem.

Wow @ that Titan video, lol. So bad. :p

Hmm, you know watching it though... That one line attack Titan does that knocks you off, holy shit that is a short wind-up. I mean, it's so fast, it seems hard to be able to even react in time. xD Maybe it'll feel easier when I'm actually in game and playing.

---

I imagine tactical use of sprint might be a big theme in this game.

Kyoufu

There's also no way to distinguish your debuff from other players' debuffs. As an Arcanist I had no idea when I was supposed to recast DoTs in larger battles. lol

Z3M0G

Just finished reading the entire OP... so informative!

There is so much damn stuff to do in this game! It makes my head hurt to compare some aspects to the original 1.0 game... everything is just done so much better!

Khrno

Hmm, looks like Amazon are not going to release the CE copies until after the bank holiday here in the UK. Err, so I presume after Early access ends I'll be unable to access my account until I put in the key from amazon?

I have my order with ShopTo, and I fear that they won't dispatch the game early. Even if they send it tomorrow, I don't think it'll arrive on Saturday, although it will probably be here on Tuesday, I was just hoping to get my hands on that Artbook this week.

Bamur

Neo Member
There's also no way to distinguish your debuff from other players' debuffs. As an Arcanist I had no idea when I was supposed to recast DoTs in larger battles. lol

I believe your debuff's time remaining is a slightly different color than the others. It had a bit of a green hue.

Lord Phol

I agree, can barely make out the difference in color on my tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom