• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why they don't also just move your debuffs to the front of the list. It would make it so much easier to tell

Yep. While I think green isn't a very good color to use for it, it would help immensely if all your debuffs were always on the front of the list.

I agree, can barely make out the difference in color on my tv.

Same. It would take me a little bit to even find them among all the other debuffs, lol. And by that point, I might as well have just recasted them even if they were not finished yet.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
European PSN vs US PSN:
k8aMNBn.png
yPAhx9q.png

mystigiandoll

Neo Member
I don't know why your debuffs cant just be a tad bigger than the rest of the debuffs, I think the 'out of place' debuff would easily catch the eye and wouldn't even have to be that much bigger. I had to look pretty hard to determine the green hue, but I hadn't resized my UI and am running 1440p.

Khrno

That's what I was referring to, but we're missing the other Egis.

Easy, look at my post with the three Egis, grab the browser's title bar and drag the window around your desktop. You need to be able to see the content of the windows when dragging them around tho (there's a Windows option that disables this).

An even easier option, have a look at the post with the Egis from your smartphone or tablet and move it around, hell just grab the monitor and shake it!

syoaran

I have my order with ShopTo, and I fear that they won't dispatch the game early. Even if they send it tomorrow, I don't think it'll arrive on Saturday, although it will probably be here on Tuesday, I was just hoping to get my hands on that Artbook this week.

It should get to you on Saturday if they send it to you tomorrow morning, after that it's a weird guess as to when it might arrive. Might cancel and just got digital - can't really afford for something like this to go missing in the bank holiday post

Khrno

It should get to you on Saturday if they send it to you tomorrow morning, after that it's a weird guess as to when it might arrive. Might cancel and just got digital - can't really afford for something like this to go missing in the bank holiday post

If you're not going for the physical CE, then just do it, although the price of the PC SE in ShopTo or Amazon are irresistible.

Vashetti

Banned
I have my order with ShopTo, and I fear that they won't dispatch the game early. Even if they send it tomorrow, I don't think it'll arrive on Saturday, although it will probably be here on Tuesday, I was just hoping to get my hands on that Artbook this week.

Yeah I'm ordered with ShopTo as well.

I only just learned about the Bank Holiday. Couldn't have happened at a worse time for those in the UK hoping to get the game on time

:(

omlet

I named my choco Sanders in 1.x; do we get to rename them in ARR? I never actually used it in beta (stuck with goobbue and legacy choco).

No debuff priority will make playing a summoner in 24 man raids a living hell.

Whatever though, if this turns out to be one of those things SE decides to drag their feet on, we'll at least be able to fall back on mod support eventually.

Fvash

Neo Member
Waaaaaiiit so requirement for BRD are changing from CNJ to PUG?

Eh, I guess I don't regret getting CNJ to 12 in P4—just wish I didn't have to keep with it now to expediently advance story/unlock leves, etc.

Is there an official source we can view new requirements yet? OT info still reflects 1.0 paradigm.

Also (I asked this before in previous thread but everything moves so fast): Is there some rule underlying the kinds of crafting materials we can get from mobs? e.g. At 12 I don't receive any animal hides from grinding lvl 4 squirrelies.

well, I can log in to the new forums.. but whenever I try to pick a main character and click "save changes" it just reloads the character page and I have to pick again.

Anyone else have that issue?

Shouta

There's also no way to distinguish your debuff from other players' debuffs. As an Arcanist I had no idea when I was supposed to recast DoTs in larger battles. lol

That's why I developed the rotation so I can just keep pressing buttons lol.

Khrno

Yeah I'm ordered with ShopTo as well.

I only just learned about the Bank Holiday. Couldn't have happened at a worse time for those in the UK hoping to get the game on time

:(

Yeah, I forgot it was bank holiday as well. But don't worry, the early access code will carry you all week long, it should actually last 1 or 2 weeks before the service stops and you are unable to play unless you register the game. ShopTo are reliable, so worst case is that it will actually arrive on the 27th.

ebil

Waaaaaiiit so requirement for BRD are changing from CNJ to PUG?

Eh, I guess I don't regret getting CNJ to 12 in P4—just wish I didn't have to keep with it now to expediently advance story/unlock leves, etc.

Is there an official source we can view new requirements yet? OT info still reflects 1.0 paradigm.
That's because nobody knows the requirements (or lack thereof) yet. We'll be sure when we can undertake the job quests. But BRD is PGL+LNC now. One, both, or neither could be required, for all we know.

Rew

So, I played the phase 3 beta on PC, but preordered the PS3 version of the game, and redeemed the early access code on my PS3, but see no where to link my SE account to my PSN account.

Anyone know where that can be done, or where I check early access and preorder item status?

Khrno

well, I can log in to the new forums.. but whenever I try to pick a main character and click "save changes" it just reloads the character page and I have to pick again.

You just need to have your character selected to be shown on the top section after clicking Save Changes. When that happens you are good to leave the page and move into the forums.

If you character doesn't appear on the top section after saving just keep trying, sometimes it doesn't work due to the congestion.

So, I played the phase 3 beta on PC, but preordered the PS3 version of the game, and redeemed the early access code on my PS3, but see no where to link my SE account to my PSN account.

Anyone know where that can be done, or where I check early access and preorder item status?

I believe it's done when you can log in to the PS3 version of the game. As I recall in beta 3 when I logged in to the client on the ps3 It said something about linking it to my SE account.

ebil

Just click on the star icon on your character's portrait. The whole thing looks like it's an active zone as the background changes when you click on it but it isn't. Took me several minutes to figure it out.

Fvash

Neo Member
That's because nobody knows the requirements (or lack thereof) yet. We'll be sure when we can undertake the job quests. But BRD is PGL+LNC now. One, both, or neither could be required, for all we know.

Ah of course, thx.

Been poring over OT since yesterday—it is truly magnificent :)

EDIT: How there no crafters in the house who can answer me bout drops! :p

Rew

I believe it's done when you can log in to the PS3 version of the game. As I recall in beta 3 when I logged in to the client on the ps3 It said something about linking it to my SE account.

Ah, thanks for the info. I'll wait until I can log into the PS3 version then.

Vashetti

Banned
Yeah, I forgot it was bank holiday as well. But don't worry, the early access code will carry you all week long, it should actually last 1 or 2 weeks before the service stops and you are unable to play unless you register the game. ShopTo are reliable, so worst case is that it will actually arrive on the 27th.

Oh really? How come the code lasts that long?

teiresias

The more I played this game during open beta (when I could play it), and the more I watch the CG videos from the game, the more I wish SE would release a single-player mainline FF game in a universe in this style and artstyle.

I think it would be awesome to almost "go back to basics" in terms of the universe for mainline games in the series.

A few pages back someone was talking about getting an item for registering their copy of FFXIII for the ps3. I did that back when the game originally came out - should I have received an item in FFXIV for it? Is there any way to go about getting it now?

Gibbo

one question guys- I preordered this off Amazon. They sent me the registration code and early access code which I registered. Thing is- I canceled my preorder on Amazon shortly after. At which point will my credit card be charged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom