• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just need to have your character selected to be shown on the top section after clicking Save Changes. When that happens you are good to leave the page and move into the forums.

If you character doesn't appear on the top section after saving just keep trying, sometimes it doesn't work due to the congestion.

I've tried like 30 times now.. I guess I'll just wait until the forums aren't congested.

Vashetti

Banned
So there isn't a disconnect between when early access starts and when launch happens for those waiting on a physical copy of the game. Most MMOs do this to avoid this issue with players.

So theoretically, I could wait until the Early Access code runs out, and then put in my free 30 days that come with the game.

geinou

Neo Member
I finally could register my pre-order code. It didn't say anything about the early access on the page with the list of services that are currently added and will be added with the pre-order code (just Final Fantasy XIV Beta Windows and then my 2 pre-order items) but I guess (I hope!) I'm still good to go for the early access on Saturday. After all Amazon (and so does SE on their website) says the pre-order code is for the early acces plus 2 items.

Reveirg

Actually happy they're giving us another chance to rename our 1.0 characters and alter appearances when early access hits. Made a few mistakes when altering my main character and for some reason the renaming bit was a bit wonky.

For those who haven't seen it and such.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/63691-NA-Regarding-the-Character-Appearance-Change-of-Your-Version-1.0-Characters

Yes!!! I screwed up and forgot to change my last name during Phase 4.

daveo42

Banned
Maybe FATEs will give less seals nobody know for sure if they removed them completly.

I hope this is the case. It seems way too easy to gain seals from FATEs, but removing them entirely removes any incentive to run them other than to farm XP. A seal reduction would be fine, since I had an overabundance of them in Phase 3 and kept capping them really fast.

Lain

Okay guys, here's a challenging question.

Apparently Square-Enix are allowing you to buy up to 8 copies of the game that can be registered on the same account. 3 characters can be used simultaneously on the same account.

Now here's the million dollar question:

Do you need to pay the monthly fee for the additional copies registered on your account? If not, then there's a mule solution.

In WoW you can have multiple accounts (copy of a game) under a single battle.net account and have characters on simultaneously, and you have to pay the monthly fee for each account (copy of the game). This sounds pretty similar, so I guess you'd have to pay a monthly fee for each copy of the game you want to keep active.

Just click on the star icon on your character's portrait. The whole thing looks like it's an active zone as the background changes when you click on it but it isn't. Took me several minutes to figure it out.

yep..

That was it.

Thanks. I was going nuts trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

wait wait wait...
you mean to say fates don't give out gc seals anymore?
wtf?
how are you going to get them now?

No one knows for sure yet, all we've seen is contradictory information. On the Dev Q&A thread from the Beta forums, they specifically mentioned FATEs will give seals along side GC Leves etc. But apparently in game, during one of the GC help screens, it says in red letters that GC seals coming from FATEs is Beta only. Both of these instances come from Phase 3, so it's not like one out dates the other.

We'll have our real answer in 2 days.

That's some bs, going to take forever now.
whats the point in FATEs besides XP now? they don't even give out good gil.

This is why I'm leaning more towards seals coming from FATEs, it's the only thing that makes sense and it would help keep FATEs relevant (outside of Behemoth, Odin etc.). Stagnant FATEs is a real concern down the road for this game.

Khrno

Was wondering that myself. Isn't that only for legacy players? I thought new players only had until the 27th to get a code in?

Oh really? How come the code lasts that long?

Precisely to prevent problems with late or lost mail. So they give you a short window to wait for the game to arrive.

Fake edit: I hadn't finished writing this post when I just got an email from ShopTo saying that I've just been charged for the game that it has been dispatched. Chances on getting by Saturday: Very High!

Do we have to download the client again for early access on PS3?

after I put the code in on SE's site it said I would be emailed but I haven't received one yet.

Lain

Also, I made a thread on the new XIV forums regarding the inability to quickly see your own debuffs when in a party/FATEs/etc. I had one on the beta forums that got some pretty good feedback, but those forums are gone now.

If anyone is interested in reading my suggestions or whatever: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...not-quickly-see-if-my-debuffs-are-on-enemies.

I noticed in Phase 4 that it was easier to see which one was my debuff compared to the one casted by others. The countdown number was a different color. It still wasn't easily noticeable, but it was a step in the right direction.

What does it say to people who haven't got their 20 digit code added yet?

The "Or official launce" wording bugs me :p

You get this

38y8eYw.jpg

syoaran

Precisely to prevent problems with late or lost mail. So they give you a short window to wait for the game to arrive.

Fake edit: I hadn't finished writing this post when I just got an email from ShopTo saying that I've just been charged for the game that it has been dispatched. Chances on getting by Saturday: Very High!

Very good Khrno, good choice with shopto!

Got a link for the early access lasting that long? can't seem to find a source....

Khrno

I just went ahead and preordered from shopto. How long does it usually take to recieve the pre-order code?

Go into your account > pre-orders, and click on the button that says Commit to Buy (or something similar, they will reveal the code inmediately and you won't be able to cancel.

Also they should send you the game tonight or tomorrow.

Timeaisis

I finally could register my pre-order code. It didn't say anything about the early access on the page with the list of services that are currently added and will be added with the pre-order code (just Final Fantasy XIV Beta Windows and then my 2 pre-order items) but I guess (I hope!) I'm still good to go for the early access on Saturday. After all Amazon (and so does SE on their website) says the pre-order code is for the early acces plus 2 items.

I'm in the same boat. I registered it from the website (I still haven't got the e-mail they were supposed to send with the pre-order code). It added the game, and the two pre-order items with no mention of the early access. However, I was under the impression that inputting the pre-order code will just let you get into the game on Saturday, because you've linked it to your Square Enix account...but we'll see.

This whole thing is a mess.

Yes!!! I screwed up and forgot to change my last name during Phase 4.

Just noticed something:
* Please note that we will only be providing the service to those who encountered problems during the character change process.

How the heck will they know who was impacted and who wasn't? They should just do it for everyone. I screwed something up that I'd like to fix as well.

BLCKATK

This is why I'm leaning more towards seals coming from FATEs, it's the only thing that makes sense and it would help keep FATEs relevant (outside of Behemoth, Odin etc.). Stagnant FATEs is a real concern down the road for this game.

I think their way of thinking on this problem is that FATEs won't get stagnant because there are 8 battle classes and people will be leveling them constantly, so usually they won't get old. They also created a ton of content to get seals so if they added them to FATEs, FATEs would obviously be a better way to get seals (just because of how fast you can do them).

I'm not saying this is a good way to think about it though. I definitely want seals in FATEs and I would definitely go behind a petition on this.

Khrno

Very good Khrno, good choice with shopto!

Got a link for the early access lasting that long? can't seem to find a source....

I'm sorry, I don't remember where it was said, might have been a live letter or a post in the beta forums, the only thing mentioned was that we don't have to worry about not being able to play on the 27th if we haven't received the game yet, because there is a small window.
If by small they meant 1 day, I don't know, but I would assume it is at least a week long.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I was stupid and deleted Phase 4 Beta Client

Used my PS3 Early Access code, it went straight into my service list, no new client

So I'm re-downloading Phase 4 Client and the Patch to get ready for it on Saturday

Just a heads up to anyone else on the PS3

Looks like Mog Cap and Cait Sith dolls are registered to my account now

So I was stupid and deleted Phase 4 Beta Client

Used my PS3 Early Access code, it went straight into my service list, no new client

So I'm re-downloading Phase 4 Client and the Patch to get ready for it on Saturday

Just a heads up to anyone else on the PS3

Looks like Mog Cap and Cait Sith dolls are registered to my account now

Did you see the items on your PS3, or on your SE account?

Cheska

Is anyone who ordered the CE off Amazon still waiting for their Early Access token? Getting a little worried reading about how many people have received theirs already.

Whooter

Is anyone who ordered the CE off Amazon still waiting for their Early Access token? Getting a little worried reading about how many people have received theirs already.

If you haven't gotten it yet, ping them. I did, and they responded with a code within 24hrs.

Ikon

Go into your account > pre-orders, and click on the button that says Commit to Buy (or something similar, they will reveal the code inmediately and you won't be able to cancel.

Also they should send you the game tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks, I'm a moron for not realizing that. And just to be 100% sure, I can go ahead and register for a EU Square Enix account and still select to create my first character on Ultros (NA), right?

meep!

Neo Member
Where can you see this service list of all the things you have registered on your account?
I'm a 1.0 Legacy player and have not registered anything since 2010 (although waiting to get the preorder key for PS3)

According to my square-enix profile I also have no games registered, Shouldn't my 1.0 registration atleast be up there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom