• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff9920

Is anyone who ordered the CE off Amazon still waiting for their Early Access token? Getting a little worried reading about how many people have received theirs already.
You should have received two emails when you preordered. The first is the normal summary for what you bought and the second being an 18 digit code with instructions to go to a specific website and get your early access code. It was listed in as a promotional code for me.

Khrno

Thanks, I'm a moron for not realizing that. And just to be 100% sure, I can go ahead and register for a EU Square Enix account and still select to create my first character on Ultros (NA), right?

Yes, go ahead.

You didn't play the betas? If you did use that account, if not then just create a new one.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I didn't read the new service agreement, as usual, but it says:
Data Mining. You may not intercept, mine or otherwise collect information from the Game using unauthorized third party software.
lol

I wonder if they will enforce:
Naming Right. You may not use any name or other intellectual property belonging to SQUARE ENIX or any other third party in your use of the Game (for example, naming a character after a celebrity, company, product, or superhero). [Don't use Bilbo Baggins or xXxCloud StrifexXx]

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
tfivKnD.jpg

"Eorzea! It is time to take back your hot dogs!"

meep!

Neo Member
Just received my PS3 preorder key. Where can I download the PS3 client though? (I never played any beta on PS3 before, so I don't have any previous client)

Also getting Error 3 on the key registration, but I'm sure I'll get through that eventually.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Pretty sure every major MMO has that in the agreement.

Yeah, looks like Blizzard does:
You agree that you will not, under any circumstances use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through any Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by any Game or the Service to store information about a character or a Game environment; provided, however, that Blizzard may, at its sole and absolute discretion, allow the use of certain third party user interfaces;
But it's still funny they referred to it officially as Data Mining.

I think their way of thinking on this problem is that FATEs won't get stagnant because there are 8 battle classes and people will be leveling them constantly, so usually they won't get old. They also created a ton of content to get seals so if they added them to FATEs, FATEs would obviously be a better way to get seals (just because of how fast you can do them).

I'm not saying this is a good way to think about it though. I definitely want seals in FATEs and I would definitely go behind a petition on this.

Yeah.. I guess. But all they would have to do to combat people resorting to FATEs only for seals is make them give drastically less seals then all other ways to farm seals. At least then it wouldn't have people out relentlessly farming them, but would be a nice little bonus to pick up on that could just build up over time.

Rootbeer

Banned
here is what it looks like when you have a windows 1.0 account and add a ps3 pre-order to your account after linking your PSN and SE accounts by launching the game. Just for those curious :p

And yeah even though I had both my steam and PSN already linked to my SE account through their website, it had me link them again during this process right before this screen.

I was kinda taken aback at just how a like the PS3 and Windows interface is for the game. Figured it would look a little more unique

Just received my PS3 preorder key. Where can I download the PS3 client though? (I never played any beta on PS3 before, so I don't have any previous client)

Also getting Error 3 on the key registration, but I'm sure I'll get through that eventually.

When it accepts your code, it will give you a second code that you redeem on the PS store allowing you to download the client.

Practically speaking, does it matter which platform you choose when entering a preorder code? The code was for my PS3 copy, but I had 1.0 as well and plan on playing the PC/PS3 interchangeably. Will the code restrict early access to one platform or anything like that?

Rootbeer

Banned
Practically speaking, does it matter which platform you choose when entering a preorder code? The code was for my PS3 copy, but I had 1.0 as well and plan on playing the PC/PS3 interchangeably. Will the code restrict early access to one platform or anything like that?
based on the way it looks when you add everything I am hoping it doesn't care. once you have early access, you can play on any version of the game linked to your account... hopefully :| I honestly won't be playing the PS3 version much at all. I ordered it for the physical items + CE items to add to my 1.0 (non-CE) account.

Item showed up on the client page

Said these 2 items will be registered to this account

Both were checked, I accepted

Sorry, I'm a monkey-by client page, do you mean the information page where you put in your ID and password on the PS3 to launch the game?

I just got a maintenance screen there, but that was last night.

based on the way it looks when you add everything I am hoping it doesn't care. once you have early access, you can play on any version of the game linked to your account... hopefully :| I honestly won't be playing the PS3 version much at all. I ordered it for the physical items + CE items to add to my 1.0 (non-CE) account.

Yeah-- I mean logically it shouldn't matter because the preorder items aren't platform specific and neither is your FFXIV account, but if that's truly the case I don't understand the point of them even asking you to specify a platform. I just can't think of a good reason for it. Normally I'd just say "fuck it" and pick one but having had experience with SE's absurdly convoluted account system with their irreversible account linkings I can't help but pause. Ugh.

Don't remember seeing these posted, but new interview with Yoshida @ Gamescom has surfaced:
Yoshida Interview Part 1
Yoshida Interview Part 2

Summary from someone's separate translation:
- Daily quest are planned for 2.1 to further help with leveling more classes outside of your initial class.
- They have started working on some concepts for the 'Golden Saucer' like area, but no concrete plans for what would be in that area yet. Chocobo racing is one of Yoshida's main things he'd like to do if the choice came up though.
- They look forward to players trying out 'extreme/hard' mode type stuff (primals etc.)
- Bahumut's Dominion doesn't use duty finder, it's tuned for 8 skilled players with 'maxed' out gear.
- Re-confirmation of 30 day free period after purchase.
- In the near future they plan to release a 'free trial' version of the game.

DrDogg

I'm pretty sure I'm good to go, but seeing all these posts about pre-order codes and all that has me a bit concerned.

I'm Legacy status with a 1.0 CE. I also pre-ordered the PS3 version through PSN. I've received no emails, codes, or anything else. My SE account lists nothing aside from my Legacy status. Do I need to do anything else?

Again, I assume I'm all good, but I just want to double check while I still have time to correct any issues.

Valnen

Glad there's a trial planned sooner rather than later. I always felt it was silly when new MMO's take months or even years to offer a free trial. To me that shows a lack of confidence in your product.

Animekatt

I've been trying for a while to get going in the new forums, but I'm stuck having to reselect my main over and over. It's pretty annoying.

marvin83

Banned
I'm pretty sure I'm good to go, but seeing all these posts about pre-order codes and all that has me a bit concerned.

I'm Legacy status with a 1.0 CE. I also pre-ordered the PS3 version through PSN. I've received no emails, codes, or anything else. My SE account lists nothing aside from my Legacy status. Do I need to do anything else?

Again, I assume I'm all good, but I just want to double check while I still have time to correct any issues.

I bought the 1.0 CE, but only played for a month (so no Legacy status). I haven't received anything from SE at all. Well, I did receive an email ad from them to pre-order it -_-.

I'm unsure what I should expect from them as well.

Weird, signing up for the forums right now and I wanted to use my Sargatanas character so I could have the same posting privileges as a level 50, but it's only listing my Ultros character...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Oh shit I wonder if they are going to care about the Razgriz in my character's name.
I'm pretty sure all MMO's have his policy. Unless someone gets pissed off and reports you and they make you change, you should be alright. There was a complete asshole on WoW trolling general chat constantly that kept Goku forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom