• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So early access, there's no cap right?

Can try to move your characters along now to whatever level you want

PS3 Image Quality:

yTRWxGS.jpg

Can't say for sure if there is any quality manipulation done after the fact because the logo on the bottom left-hand side is added after the SS is taken.

meep!

Neo Member
Something I've been wondering about. Since I'm legacy and played 1.0 I will get 2 free weeks of playtime, but I also just bought the PS3 version which include 1 month of gametime I assume? So does those stack? Will I get 1 month + 2 weeks?

rockx4

Something I've been wondering about. Since I'm legacy and played 1.0 I will get 2 free weeks of playtime, but I also just bought the PS3 version which include 1 month of gametime I assume? So does those stack? Will I get 1 month + 2 weeks?

Yea it stacks.

Noi

9rcgsoh.png

All hail the glorious cat army.

If you have both copies registered they can share the same account. I'm not clear whether you can download the game for free for your pc if you have a PS3 version, but i know you -have- to purchase a ps3 version to play on the system.

Buying the PS3 version only gives you the PS3 version, and vice versa. Unless you already owned 1.0, in which case you have the PC version for free.

You obviously can't play on both PC and PS3 at the same time, but you can alternate between the two as much as you want.

Robin64

Buying the PS3 version only gives you the PS3 version, and vice versa. Unless you already owned 1.0, in which case you have the PC version for free.

You obviously can't play on both PC and PS3 at the same time, but you can alternate between the two as much as you want.

This is good to hear. Exactly what I'm after! Just imagining relaxing on the sofa, fishing the evening away.. wonderful.

Thanks guys.

Whew...now I just hope the code I put in last night is the same as the code they sent to me by email today.

Any way to check what region your early access is registered for?

Well, you wouldn't be able to cross up the regions. If you got a NA code then by default your EA is NA. The problem a lot of people were getting was that they got mismatched EA codes to their region and it wouldn't let them be registered.

Anteater

Maybe I'm spoiled by PC version but that looks kinda bleh. I hope PS4 version looks much better.

If PS4 is running at the same quality as current pc, it should look really good and possibly at 60fps. I don't know what they'll add with dx11 though :eek:

Salaadin

My biggest worry with a PS3 version is if we will run into the whole "PS3 limitations" thing like FFXI did with PS2. Almost makes me wish they dropped it for the PS4 version or something.

DrDogg

I can log into the new forums just fine, but it only shows my new character and my JP server character I made during the 3102 scare. No sign of my Legacy character, and it won't let me select a main. It just keeps saying I have to select one no matter how many times I try and then save.

I can log into the new forums just fine, but it only shows my new character and my JP server character I made during the 3102 scare. No sign of my Legacy character, and it won't let me select a main. It just keeps saying I have to select one no matter how many times I try and then save.

Click the silver star icon. The same thing tripped me up.

Robin64

My biggest worry with a PS3 version is if we will run into the whole "PS3 limitations" thing like FFXI did with PS2. Almost makes me wish they dropped it for the PS4 version or something.

What were the PS2 limitation of FFXI? Never played it.

Meowtor

Gold Member
I apologize if this has been answered before but I just wanted to clear up some stuff.

I bought FFXIV Collectors edition back for ver 1.0. I played for the free month and then bailed. I'm super interested in the reboot now and got a beta key but never used it.

I cracked open my old FFXIV case and the disc is there but no activation code. Is this still linked to my SE account so I can just hop on when it goes live for the free 2 weeks or am I going to have to re-buy the game?

If I don't have to re-buy, can i download all the files and install them now or do I need to wait for release? Can I just install off my disc or is everything new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom