• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys!

Oh you want swag do you?

Well bitch i'm FABULOUS!

59a35806-296d-4938-9b02-88c836b5fbc2_zps2b92be56.jpg

umaaA2n.gif

Swag race is swag.

Xavien

So umm, how come some people are getting the game on saturday? I thought the release was the 27th? Or is that just for europe?

In the UK we're getting the game on Saturday because theres a bank holiday coming up, so shopto is sending them out before then.

plus early access blah blah.

character-ff148kxkn.png

Yes, I'm on Gilgamesh and the community actually wasn't bad. Despite reddit and RP'ers habiting the server.

tried to log into the PS3 client for fun. gives me an error and tells me to register my code from download/disc. does every early access user have that error?

my early access is registered in the service list btw.

reson8or

tried to log into the PS3 client for fun. gives me an error and tells me to register my code from download/disc. does every early access user have that error?

my early access is registered in the service list btw.

PSN is currently down for maintenance, might have somthing to do with it. I updated the client on my PS3 this morning.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Finally added my info to the spreadsheet.

Too many people choosing The Maelstrom and not Immortal Flames for their Grand Company :<

reson8or

did you have a different message when you logged in previously?

Before this morning, I had "Currently down for maintenance" and it never reached the login screen (this was the same for PC players). Today I was able to "Accept" a couple of EULA's and finalize the registration process through the FFXIV/PS3 browser interface.

UrSuLeTzU

It's a horrible thing.

On a semi-related note, I hope SE enforces their name policy.

Please help me understand how is that a horrible thing. You obviously don't like(more like hate) SAO but saying that naming my char something or other is horrible is just wrong.

P.s: did you even read the light novel(which was great imo) or just watched the anime and admittedly horrible manga?

Mechakira

Neo Member
Did any of you get prompted to choose a User Name on the new Lodestone forum? I have a 1.0 account and a new P4 character, it's possible I never logged into the old Lodestone forums but my regular username is in use.

Before this morning, I had "Currently down for maintenance" and it never reached the login screen (this was the same for PC players). Today I was able to "Accept" a couple of EULA's and finalize the registration process through the FFXIV/PS3 browser interface.

ok, cool. i will try again later. this is all so confusing currently.

reson8or

I'll have to see what the rewards look like before choosing. Quite undecided.

I've found that each GC sorta specializes in a couple of different stats. Up to around level 20 they all have the same gear stat wise, but this changes, and gets more specialized 30-50.

omlet

Why do I feel like there aren't going to be many pugilists?

Probably because they have to work for their damage harder than anyone.

I'll be maining monk and I know at least 3 others in our FC that will be as well.

Please help me understand how is that a horrible thing. You obviously don't like(more like hate) SAO but saying that naming my char something or other is horrible is just wrong.

P.s: did you even read the light novel(which was great imo) or just watched the anime and admittedly horrible manga?

I'm not picking on SAO here. I'd say the same thing even about stuff I like, like Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings names everywhere. Or XIII characters....

Tarazet

Any good resource for reading up on Warriors? I only did P4 beta so I'm pretty much going in blind. I have some vague idea that once I get the Warrior class, I'll get a defensive stance with a damage reduction and my goal in life after that is to ignore the damage debuff as often as I possibly can. Stat priority Strength > Parry > Vit roughly, but I don't have any numbers to back that up.

So, can you name your character anything you want, or you have to choose from a preset? Also, how does the user ID work in-game with other players - is it your Square Enix account?

Why when I log into the Lodestone with all my correct info, does it say I don't have any characters? I participated in the Phase 4 beta. What on earth is going on?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Any good resource for reading up on Warriors? I only did P4 beta so I'm pretty much going in blind. I have some vague idea that once I get the Warrior class, I'll get a defensive stance with a damage reduction and my goal in life after that is to ignore the damage debuff as often as I possibly can. Stat priority Strength > Parry > Vit roughly, but I don't have any numbers to back that up.
idk lots of people are saying pure vit on war might be the way to go as far as your 30 points are concerned

Wouldn't you need some STR in there as well since dmg is part of emnity for the job?

This seems more likely, but a little vit and parry couldn't hurt since you lack the extra def a shield carries with it.
This is a hard call to make when I doubt people know how much STR makes a difference, and even if they make much of a difference in WAR attacks.

I'd also like to see numbers on DEX too. Until then, I'm not touching those stat points.

daveo42

Banned
What kind of WHM stat layouts are people using for launch? I've dumped all my points into MND for my CNJ, INT for my THM, and haven't added any on my ACN since not sure how much subs affect your main.

Thinking mostly MND with PIE on the side.

This is a hard call to make when I doubt people know how much STR makes a difference, and even if they make much of a difference in WAR attacks.

I'd also like to see numbers on DEX too. Until then, I'm not touching those stat points.

Each point of str will prob result in a set bump in dmg, also dependent on current equips. How dmg translates into emnity in relation to other actions might not be set or known quite yet.

Holding off till there are some good build ideas might be good. Still, you can reset your attribute points through your GC.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

Do we know how to reset them yet? I was going 50/50 on my 17 mrd

Tarazet

Wouldn't you need some STR in there as well since dmg is part of emnity for the job?

This seems more likely, but a little vit and parry couldn't hurt since you lack the extra def a shield carries with it.

Strength increases the amount of damage parried, Parry increases the parry rate. So it seems like you shouldn't stack one mindlessly over the other since they mesh together. Also, I'm wondering how Accuracy will play into the equation. In WoW, pretty much every tank has to hardcap because if their attacks miss, they do no damage or threat. Do you get Emnity from missed attacks in FF?

Probably because they have to work for their damage harder than anyone.

I'll be maining monk and I know at least 3 others in our FC that will be as well.

I'm not picking on SAO here. I'd say the same thing even about stuff I like, like Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings names everywhere. Or XIII characters....

As a side note, I personally love SAO. Anyways, honestly, I find it to be probably more rewarding when it comes to hand to hand. I played a pugilist in Phase 3 and 4, and I will for the main game as my first class.

omlet

Also, I'm wondering how Accuracy will play into the equation. In WoW, pretty much every tank has to hardcap because if their attacks miss, they do no damage or threat. Do you get Emnity from missed attacks in FF?

No, accuracy is vital for tanks.

frequency

I think naming your character after some other character in a game, show, movie, book, whatever, or even naming your character after a famous real person is dumb. Whenever I see people run around with those names I just think to myself, "This person must not care all that much about their character if they can't be bothered to come up with something original."

I'm sure there are people who will argue that is not the case but...

What is the opinion of making NeoGAF centric linkshells on servers that are not the official ones? I mean, it wouldn't hurt, right? You can have up to 8 linkshells equipped at a time.

elohel

so i received my code and whatnot from gamersgate...

can i download the game and install it just not play it? that correct?

Strength increases the amount of damage parried, Parry increases the parry rate. So it seems like you shouldn't stack one mindlessly over the other since they mesh together. Also, I'm wondering how Accuracy will play into the equation. In WoW, pretty much every tank has to hardcap because if their attacks miss, they do no damage or threat. Do you get Emnity from missed attacks in FF?

Parry (or block in this case) rate sounds more useful for PLD than WAR, since PLD has that relies hevaily on blocking.

Damage mitigation, in overall, seems secondary on WAR, since he has a few skills to recover HP and a larger HP pool as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom